It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Palin Blames Environmentalists For Oil Spill

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I completely agree. Unfortunately she is such a character now that no one bothers to read past Sarah Palin and give some thought to what she said.

One what she said is true, to an extent, because corporate greed had as much to do with deep water drilling as hippie tree huggers.

But two, let me repeat this very important statement because I have a feeling this is WHY this disaster occurred.

"Palin insists that those those darned hippy environmentalists are the ones influencing public policy enough to keep oil drilling away from “safe” places like the Alaska Natural Wildlife Reserve that would finally break America from its dependence on foreign oil. "

I may be completely wrong, but I predict Alaskan drilling by 2012, and possible touting of the Alaskan drilling as the reason our economy upswings after it is implemented.

And knowing Americans, we will support Alaskan drilling well before we support gay marriage free healthcare or marijuana legalization, three big hot topic issues of the moment.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Whackadoodledoo!

Score another one for the psychobabble bimbo.

Amazing what SOME Americans & others will lend 'credibility' to.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I hope Palin supporter's never learn how to read, write, and vote. For the sake of us and common sense.

Using Sarah's logic I can just as easily point at you for being the cause of the oil disaster, .... yes you.

The technology to greatly reduce and do away with crude oil already exists, yet you continue on with your gasoline fueled way of living. The only need for crude oil is because of it's consumption.

So before you before your so quick to blame bp, enviromentalists, or anyone else, take a good long hard look in the mirror of your SUV.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sara Palin is the dumbest....well shes got one...

I cant believe some people take her seriously...she is nothing but a talking head....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Few years ago Mexico had an oilrig explosion as well.. it was in 165ft of water, and took 11months to stop.

This one happens to be in 5,000 feet of water.

Sarah Palin is a douche bag.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I think Palin has this one right. She is right that it is the far lefties pushing the oil rigs out into deep water and refusing to let them drill anywhere else.

I listened to Obama's press conference (first one in 14 months) and he said that the spill underscores the fact that the nation needs to move away from fossil fuel b/c the easy oil is gone and we have to move deep where it is inherently more risky.

Obama is a proffesional lyer!!!!

I want to see the US and world work toward cleaner and sustainable energy sources with the goal of completely ending our use of fossil fuels. But Obama need not lie to us to gather support. I think it underscores his condecending attitude toward the sheeple he thinks he is leading.

I'm glad Palin is callilng him and the loonie lefties out on this one.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Can't drill in ANWR, a desolate wasteland, but you can drill in mile deep waters, where if you have an accident you can do nothing to stop it.

Smart move enviro-whackos...

Yeah, its too bad that she's right. They'll never admit it, in fact, they'll viciously deny it, but the environmental movement has had a role in creating this disaster. The United States does have more easily obtainable and less dangerous oil deposits that could be exploited, but most of those have been restricted by environmental laws over the last few decades. The US could also be building more nuclear plants to alleviate the need for some of this oil drilling, but again, the environmental movement has successfully lobbied DC to enforce so many fees and so much red tape against it that no one has bothered in about 30 years.

Unintended consequences are a real bitch sometimes.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
No one is stopping the oil companies form drilling in the US. Land owners welcome wildcatters and drillers with open arms.

I have oil leases on my farm in Texas.

So exgov. Palin a spokesperson for the GOP, the party of personal responsibility, wants to place the blame on others.

See the irony here??

It would almost be humorous if it wasn't so pathetic.

Another prime example of exgov. Palin letting her ideology get in the way of her common sense!

[edit on 5-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It's Official!

Palin is mentally retarded!

IRM

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint
reply to post by Solomons

Sarah Palin actually does scare me. If you think the country got messed up after 8 years of George W. Bush, western civilization as we know it will come to an end if Palin is ever in charge.

I have to fully agree here. What scares me even more, is here is someone with almost NO political experience at all, who has been almost mindlessly running her mouth for almost 2 years, and she seems to actually be gaining supporters. She is basically a soccer mom who became Governor of Alaska for only about 2 years, and now is doing a national book tour and speaking circuit.

People are wanting to hear what she has to say, and they are eating it up. Even if she has a valid point on some issues...which I do think is rare, they are few and far between and possibly aren't even her own original ideas.

Personally, I think it is good for the country overall to have different periods of rule by different political parties and different party Presidents. Even if I don't agree with what different ones do, it's still good to switch it up occasionally. I do not however think Palin is the one to switch anything up.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sarah Palin is as qualified to run the country as Obama.Which is sad actually.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I find it astonishing that exgov. Palin's supporters haven't discovered how they are being chumped out by a commercial entity [Sarah Palin] looking to sell books, get gigs on conservative Fox, attend her events for big bucks. contribute to causes that she deems worthy, buy the Tshirts, etc.

The people that promote Sarah Palin know exactly who their demographic is, what the message they want to hear and the folksy language they want to hear it in. You betcha.

The whole Sarah Palin phenomenon is scripted, packaged and sold to the faithful. Actually a brilliant marketing strategy the same way Hannah Montana was sold to preteen girls. Only this time instead of music/pop culture, the focus is conservative politics with a very attractive milf.
The message of blame and hate has a huge following in America and is growing. Who will be the scapegoat?

American politics has more in common with the entertainment industry than most people realize.

and yes Obama plays the same tune but not near as effectively as Palin.

schools out....now go play!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join