It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dishonesty & Danger Inherent In The seeingUFOsPA Hoax

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Ahh, you twist my words with ease and attack me directly. Well done.

I will try to spare this thread a p**g contest.

That is because you purport to support Kruse’s hoaxing in the interest of “searching for the truth” (my words, not yours).

This is true. Where is your evidence otherwise?

In fact, you support Kruse for other reasons…..that is the ”dishonesty” aspect as pertains to you.

Yeah, I'm in love with her camera.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandwiches

How does she harm people any more than the average person with night-vision?

I am a normally quiet reader of the Aliens and UFOs forum but if I may, I would like to have a crack your above query.

With all due respect sandwiches, the woman points lasers at aeroplanes. Do you not see this as dangerous?

In fact, I remember seeing one of her videos where she was egging on a young boy (her son?) to point the laser ... and when he didn't want to she egged him on more, almost taunting him. This disturbed me greatly ... I was quite horrified.

I realise that this video may now have been taken off youtube, and so you once again will say there is no proof. Does any other member here remember this?

OK - now back in my cave I go.

- Hermit

[edit on 8/6/2010 by Netties Hermit]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

With all due respect respect sandwiches, the woman points lasers at aeroplanes.

Do you know they were planes? Have pilots come out and said a laser was shined at them? Linking to unrelated incidents like Maybe.. maybe not doesn't count. We all know it's dangerous if they are in fact planes. I think I've seen her flash that thing once. It doesn't seem common. Further, if it was proven she shone it at a plane, perhaps it was a spell of bad judgment and she won't do it anymore. Can't we give her that opportunity?

Most every person with night-vision has a laser pointer. Aiming in front seems to get a response and would be safer in the event it was indeed a plane.

Deny ignorance

[edit on 2010-6-8 by sandwiches]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Linking to unrelated incidents like Maybe.. maybe not doesn't count.

How is the laser topic unrelated? Isn't part of the topic of this thread the danger inherent?

And egging on a child to do this = unacceptable.

We all know it's dangerous if they are in fact planes. I think I've seen her flash that thing once. It doesn't seem common. Further, if it was proven she shone it at a plane, perhaps it was a spell of bad judgment and she won't do it anymore. Can't we give her that opportunity?

More than once that I've seen. She was (allegedly) investigated for it.
And if she won't do it any more, then great.
That's fantastic and I hope she's learned her lesson.
Let's hope her supporters do the same.

Most every person with night-vision has a laser pointer. Aiming in front seems to get a response and would be safer in the event it was indeed a plane.

I don't think I'll dignify that with a response.

Thank you for conducting yourself civily sandwiches.

- Hermit

[edit on 8/6/2010 by Netties Hermit]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

How is the laser topic unrelated? Isn't part of the topic of this thread the danger inherent?

I meant linking to unrelated incidents doesn't support the case against Alison, as done by OP to raise the doom & gloom factor.

Even if she was investigated... We need a conviction to be sure. There are no blind pilots in PA. No harm no foul.
Maybe she does know what she's looking at?

I seek understanding and believe in forgiveness, innocent until proven guilty, freedom of speech, human rights, etc.

At every opportunity I will be recommending that people do NOT shine these things directly at UFOs. If it's a piloted craft, whether ET or man-made, it could cause harm and might be illegal.

Remain vigilant

[edit on 2010-6-8 by sandwiches]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Do you know they were planes?

Let's get this straight. You think it would be okay to point lasers at alien craft?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Let's get this straight. You think it would be okay to point lasers at alien craft?

I just made a post above where I state I do not support it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I just made a post above where I state I do not support it.

Far be it from me to call you disingenuous, but in a post where you dismiss this dangerous activity because no one has been hurt your condemnation seems a bit less than sincere.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I meant linking to unrelated incidents doesn't support the case against Alison, as done by OP to raise the doom & gloom factor.

???Sorry, I don't understand the above in relation to what I said???

Sorry sandwiches, I just edited my above post to include my thoughts on enticing a child to point a laser at any unidentified object in the sky. I think that is reckless and very irresponsible.

This was the main point of my popping in on this thread. But then you think that it is unrelated so let's just leave it at that, shall we?

Even if she was investigated... We need a conviction to be sure. There are no blind pilots in PA. No harm no foul.

I guess if this isn't public record then we will never know.
And hopefully won't in the future.

Remain vigilant

Just quietly, I will.

- Hermit

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Far be it from me to call you disingenuous, but in a post where you dismiss this dangerous activity because no one has been hurt your condemnation seems a bit less than sincere.

Hence the eye roll, because I do believe it was poor judgment.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Obviously I agree if true that is reckless. Is the evidence still around or has it been rightfully removed?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

That is because you purport to support Kruse’s hoaxing in the interest of “searching for the truth” (my words, not yours).

This is true. Where is your evidence otherwise?

You are not here supporting objective investigation of Ms. Alison, rather you are promoting her videos as the genuine article. The evidence is in your actions, deny it all you want. In at least three other threads you promote her videos.

Here

Here

Here

And let us not forget your signature is promoting Ms. Alison as well.

There is a dishonesty aspect to this, no doubt about it. None of Ms. Alison's supporters have been forthright. Including you; question is, are you trying to deceive us or yourself?

[edit on 8-6-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

I'm just here to promote objective investigation of controversial issues. My signature contains the word "is not" to counter haters and also I disagree with the ATS practice of deeming things a hoax and closing off neutral discussion. If I want to talk about seeingUFOsPA I have to take the opportunity to say my piece here in this thread.

We all must exist in this world together. With communication, respect and forgiveness we can do that. We must remain vigilant and always give people the opportunity to change. Love your enemy. Love yourself. Eat Fresh™ (I got 6" in the fridge
)

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

I believe there were reports from local pilots regarding lasers being flashed at them....hence the investigation. Still, from the way you are stating things sammich, you're ok with it until a plane crashes and people die.

She can film things and call them UFOs from Planet X for all I care....but when she jeopardizes innocent people, I have a serious issue.

... I disagree with the ATS practice of deeming things a hoax and closing off neutral discussion.

Well, after a MUFON investigation concluded what everyone else was stating....that she was filming conventional aircraft....I think moving it to the HOAX section was quite acceptable.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by gavron]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by gavron

From the way you are stating things sammich, you're ok with it until a plane crashes and people die.

I say shining it 100% indirectly for signaling purposes is reasonably ok, although I might not bother doing it myself. I can't imagine UFOs like being probed or harassed, but you never know...
I repeat, whenever I get the opportunity I will urge people not to shine lasers directly at ANY craft. ET or man-made there could be a pilot with a window and/or sensitive equipment.

She can film things and call them UFOs from Planet X for all I care....but when she jeopardizes innocent people, I have a serious issue.

Well, if you've seen enough and you believe this, then you will have an issue. Kudos to you for protecting the innocent. Maybe we could create a blog or something, get a group together to go around promoting responsible use of lasers.

Well, after a MUFON investigation concluded what everyone else was stating....that she was filming conventional aircraft....I think moving it to the HOAX section was quite acceptable.

I've only been investigating UFOs for a few months, so I don't hold MUFON in the same regard as you do. I am also actively shunning most authority figures and doing my own thinking. Nevertheless, your apparent trust is noted - you've influenced me.
Perhaps when I've examined their claims we will have more to talk about.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Mufon is not some ufo dictatorship, they do not just write things off as hoaxes. They spend a lot of time looking into claims, they actually go out to see the area for themselves in some cases. They provide a detailed report on why something can or can not be explained.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I say shining it 100% indirectly for signaling purposes is reasonably ok, although I might not bother doing it myself. I can't imagine UFOs like being probed or harassed, but you never know...
I repeat, whenever I get the opportunity I will urge people not to shine lasers directly at ANY craft. ET or man-made there could be a pilot with a window and/or sensitive equipment.

It’s a very serious crime:

A man from Parsippany, N.J., was accused on Tuesday of shining a laser pen into the cockpits of a small passenger jet and a helicopter over the last week, then lying about his actions when confronted by federal agents at his home.

With at least seven such incidents reported by pilots in various parts of the country since Christmas, federal prosecutors said they were using the arrest of the man, David Banach, 38, a fiber optics technician and father of three, to make a point. Aviation experts said that concentrated beams of light could disorient or blind pilots, and prosecutors said that no threat to aviation, however accidental, would be tolerated in today's era of terrorism.

''We have to send a clear message to the public that there is no harmless mischief when it comes to airplanes,'' United States Attorney Christopher J. Christie said in a written statement. ''Mr. Banach's actions as alleged in the criminal complaint put lives at risk. That is illegal and unacceptable.''

Prosecutors charged Mr. Banach with interference of the operator of a mass transit vehicle, a felony under the antiterrorism law known as the USA Patriot Act, with a sentence of up to 20 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. A second charge of giving false testimony could bring an additional five years, and a $250,000 fine, if he is convicted.

A Rocklin man has been sent to state prison for four years for pointing a laser beam at a Placer County Sheriff's helicopter that flew over his neighborhood on a July night in 2009.

Jamie Allen Downie, 35, was given the sentence Friday by Placer County Superior Court Judge Joseph O'Flaherty after he entered a plea of guilty to two felony counts of discharging a laser at an aircraft.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I say shining it 100% indirectly for signaling purposes is reasonably ok, although I might not bother doing it myself.

To signal what exactly?
I humbly disagree with you on that point sandwiches.

Originally posted by defcon5
It’s a very serious crime:

And second that, defcon5.

- Hermit

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

To signal what exactly?

Well, this guy uses indirect pointing and seems to be able to get the UFOs to respond with bright pulsing. 3 times at the beginning then an amazing one at 1:12. I don't know of any planes or 'copters that can do that. I would feel better if it was more accurately targeted, I suppose, for the ETs safety.

And second that, defcon5.

Humble third here. I'll help spread the word about responsible use of lasers when I see them being used.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sandwiches

What utter poppycock sammich!

You are going around soliciting Alison to other channels on YT, therefore, you

are NOT objective! You are totally biased!

Where is your investigative work? I see nothing and no one ever will! Why?

Because your mind is already made up. If you were a critical thinker, you

would have already applied yourself into some serious rebuttal video or in

your "investigative research" would finally come up with the invariable

"TRUTH'! Guess you can't handle the truth, illusions are so much better.

I guess fun equates to "PLAYING" everyone on the board! Eh Sammich?

Getting a good giggle hmmmm?

Let me help you out here:

[edit on 9-6-2010 by KIZZZY]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join