It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ALERT: The Constitution Now Comes With A Warning Label

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I wonder if they would print this on a Bible as well.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
I wonder if they would print this on a Bible as well.

You know they would love to print a warning in the front of the Bible.

You also know that at the same time they would be AFRAID to print any such thing in the koran.

And the PC people (libs) would also say both of those things were OK, too.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
reply to post by centurion1211

Dude seriously, can you post in a thread and not be a political troll?

Name just one conservative that has made statements in favor of this or political correctness in general, and I'll stand corrected.

Don't be so disingenuous, "dude", as to pretend these kinds of viewpoints aren't very one-sided. Otherwise, you come across as thinking, "they nailed us on this one so I guess I'll go shoot the messenger".

Last, the day you stop defending obama for every failure he makes on every thread on ATS is the day you can call me a "political troll". --- guantlet thrown down --- Got it?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
"Before allowing them to read this work"

If the overall statement wasn't disgusting enough, this above phrase should be.

Publishers issuing this caveat shouldn't have the honor of printing this and profiting from it.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
For one, blacks were not counted as 3/5ths of a person, slaves were. Being black did not mean you were a slave. Not all blacks were slaves nor were all slaves black. As for the 3/5ths part, it was meant to prevent the south from counting their slaves as whole persons and therefor having a bigger representation in congress, thus allowing them more power and control. But you don't have to believe me, ask Frederick Douglas. As for women not being allowed to vote, that wasn't in the constitution, that was civil law. The constitution is not a politically charged document, it is interpretation that makes it charged. But this is great, really everyone. We should undermine our founding fathers and the document that defines liberty to the entire world and soon I look forward to being just like China or North Korea. Heck, maybe they do have it right. We were granted with freedom and all we do is bitch about it and work at having it taken away. Well I'm getting tired of fighting against you so I can protect our freedom, so I'll just join you.

LONG LIVE MAO, CHE, STALIN AND CHAVEZ

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

Your comment is actually more racially charged than the disclaimer! Point to me where the Constitution specifically identifies a "whites" rule? ( Be for warned, the Constitution, Declaration im quite familiar with)

Further more, some who mentioned slavery in their posts, lets not forget true history...History lesson for all of you, it was the black men whom were enslaving and selling their own people long before they became property of ours. Furthermore, if you had any knowledge of history, you would also know that the black man was not the first slaves.
White plantation owners enslaved, can you guess? Thats right! White people!

But I think you missed the point completely you troll! Go back re-read the thread, then come back and talk to us!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by drwizardphd
reply to post by centurion1211

Last, the day you stop defending obama for every failure he makes on every thread on ATS is the day you can call me a "political troll". --- guantlet thrown down --- Got it?

I do have to agree with this statement! Right on!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Reading the warning I was shocked. Now let me say that I am canadian and may not have a place to say anything but here goes.

Where and when does the wording of political correctness end. Come on the constitution was written by the founders of the U.S.A. for Americans. How is that offensive if you believe in your country.

We see so much of this here north of the 49th that you just about need a licence just to talk. I believe that we as north americans need to take a stand for what we believe in and how our two countries were founded and quite worring about what might be offencive.

I think the Priminister of Australia said it best!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I just don't get it

political correctness=liberal. . ?

Please explain

Yeea this is an unnecessary disclaimer. .but liberal, and. . outrageous?

Why am I not offended. .

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Race is not discussed in the Constitution.. the book covers the documents, not history, or historical perceptions.. it covers nothing .. so to say that ethnic or racial issues are abound in the book is just stupid .. because it's never mentioned.

I personally have no idea why a publisher would ever insert such a comment.. I can only assume the editor was a hyper-Progressive hellbent on guilt and political correctness.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Of course the "political correctionists" (aka liberals) will think there is nothing wrong with this, and probably say they think it's a great idea.

Did you look at their other publications? Those aren't the sorts of books liberal read. Liberals tend to be very highly educated and aren't likely to be taken in by religious books, get rich quick scams, invisible power and secret knowledge. Oh but have a look! It is just the sort of crap which conspiratorial minds readily become mired in.

As a liberal I would never approve of such a disclaimer being attached to the constitution. It is NOT a good idea.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

Did you look at their other publications? Those aren't the sorts of books liberal read. Liberals tend to be very highly educated:

Well you were almost right up until the above comment was made. We all know that liberals are not well educated. Each and everyone of them have passed down there typical biased propaganda from generation to generation.
We have our liberal college institutions to thank for that one.

As a liberal I would never approve of such a disclaimer being attached to the constitution. It is NOT a good idea.

You lost alot of respect points from ATS viewers for admitting that travesty!

[edit on 5-6-2010 by SurefireII]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The language is apparently boilerplate from the publisher, and appears on (among other things) The Wind in the Willows, The Federalist Papers, Nietzsche’s Beyond Good and Evil (good idea, there, especially as to “interpersonal relations,” though have views really changed so much since then?), and Marx & Engels’ Manifesto of the Communist Party.

volokh.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurefireII

Originally posted by Lilitu

Did you look at their other publications? Those aren't the sorts of books liberal read. Liberals tend to be very highly educated:

Well you were almost right up until the above comment was made. We all know that liberals are not well educated. Each and everyone of them have passed down there typical biased propaganda from generation to generation.
We have our liberal college institutions to thank for that one.

You lost alot of respect points from ATS viewers for admitting that travesty!

[edit on 5-6-2010 by SurefireII]

Conspiracy theorists don't respect me anymore?? Oh dear! What shall I do???
One of the problems with conspiracy theorists is that they don't respect anyone who isn't telling them what they want to hear. Even then, their paranoia often gets the better of them and they begin to suspect the person tickling their fancies is a "disinfo agent". So if they don't respect me for holding up a mirror, oh well.
What is the motto here? "Deny Ignorance" or "Denial of Ignorance" hmmmm?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Lilitu]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Originally posted by projectvxn
It is NOT a fact that America was fought and designed solely for white men. This little "fact" of yours just helps deny the history

...if you want to PROPERLY address someone's words, quote their post (such as i have done here with your false accusation) - then address the words that you found not to your liking... thanks in advance...

...to address the rest of your response...

...the constitution was created by white men... can we agree on that part?...

...the rights laid out initially ONLY applied to white males at least 21yrs old... agreed?...

...if, as you claim, the constitution was NOT created by white men for white men, there would have been no need for the 13th, 14th, 15th or 19th ammendments or all the other acts / ammendments / laws that "gave" rights to everyone born here regardless of gender or ethnicity or religion...

...this is not just a black vs white thang... there ARE other ethnicities that were living here when the constitution was written and ratified - but - none of them got a voice... was that just an innocent oversight?... no...

...we've made significant progress in equality since those days but its been a long haul... its not only kids today that need to understand how things REALLY were back when the constitution was penned and why ammendments were necessary but a lot of adults are also in need of re-educating (as is evidenced by those who were angered by the disclaimer pointed out in the op)...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
How can the Constitution be outdated???

Its a living document...

Am i wierd for thinking that hamilton was a little too left for me with his writings in the federalist papers? Maybe its my raging librarianism

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

If you can't tell what I'm talking about from my posts then it is not my problem. You should know what I'm responding to they're your words.

It is my opinion that you oversimplified the truth of the matter. We cannot hold the past to the standard of today and remain objective when dealing with history.

Our racial history is very complex. It is not as cut and dry as you assert.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

This country was founded on the rich controlling politics. I don't think that's the best way to run a country.

I would love to see the private sector regulated to it's core in order to minimize it's negative effects on people and the environment.

Why you people continue to insist that more power and de-regulation be handed down to companies that destroy our economy and environment, I'll never understand.

Fear is the only thing stopping us from evolving to a society which lives in peace, forgives each other, helps each other. At this moment, if I were to suggest that everyone give .05 percent of their income to help those in need, most would perceive that as a bad thing. Since when did helping your fellow out become a bad thing?

The good news is, Evolution, God, the universe, what ever is out there will pull the people who are afraid, kicking and screaming into peace. It will be entertaining to say the least.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join