It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British Fun Police Stop Hyde Park Water Fight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
A mass water fight in Hyde Park was stopped by the Fun Police today ,On the hottest day of the year so far this summer .
An estimated 1,500 people turned up to the park for the water fight which was organised on a social networking site.
A typical response from the Police was to turn up with batons and Dogs and try and stop the unauthorized having of fun .

The spokesman said the majority of the estimated 1500 young people who took part in the water fight - held on one of the hottest days of the year so far - were well-behaved.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Look at all the litter and mess these people bring along. They need to show social responsibility. It's a public park and the police should turn up to stop these events. They could all go to the beach.

Regards

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm so glad I dont live in london anymore, The behaviour by all in the video, the police and the facebook water fighters displays everything that is wrong with this country.
A total lack of respect for anything and anyone.
I'm sure the rest of the public using the park on the hottest day of the year were delighted their day had been ruined by a facebook water fight group and an over bearing police response.

What is wrong with people, or is it me am I being "boring"

[edit on 4-6-2010 by woodwardjnr]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yep ...... fraid so

As for the behavior of the people , Police turning up with batons , Dogs and a bad attitude probably had something to do with it .
It's dam depressing living in the post New Labour Britain right now , let the people have fun where they can , tough times are ahead

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Look at all the litter and mess these people bring along. They need to show social responsibility. It's a public park and the police should turn up to stop these events. They could all go to the beach.

Regards

They could all go to the park too.

The police should learn to grow up. People that dislike fun should learn to grow up. Life is a blast, and if people took a second to open their eyes to it, they would see it too.

Despite life's many pitfalls, there is always opportunity for a bit of fun, and no one should ever be allowed to prevent a bit of harmless fun.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Yep ...... fraid so

WEll it wont be the first time its been said, must be getting old before my time.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
You know what

I see a group of people looking for a confrontation with the police, and a whole load of people watching to see what happened.

The guy in the white was clearly drunk, obviously stupid and was removed because he was inciting violence.

The video clearly shows a whole load of missiles being thrown at the Police while they stood and did nothing.

People seem to be fixated with "sticking it to the man" - the police didn't instigate the action - the guy in the video very clearly explains that when you watch it.

Any large crowd assembly in London will draw a police presence. End of story. If people start acting stupid and throwing things at the officers present, what - in real terms - do people really expect the police to do?

CX

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nah you're not alone, i think i'm getting old too.

That idiot in the white shorts deserved being arrested though IMO, even if only for trying to impersonate a tubby ninja.

The police should have brought a water cannon, alls fair in a water fight right?

CX.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Well i guess the police could always stay in the background and not be so provocative , as the MET invariably are , just look ant recent actions with demonstrators over the last couple of years , physically assaulting innocent people .
I agree the guy in the white was asking for it and I have no sympathy for him whatsoever , It would be nice to have video of the water fight before the police turned up , all we get to see is the bad part of it .

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
You know what

I see a group of people looking for a confrontation with the police, and a whole load of people watching to see what happened.

I think this would be more accurate: '......and a whole load of people waiting/hoping for something to happen

But I totally agree with what you said.

It would be a lot better if they made some sort of festival or something alike around it. You know, make it official and all that. That way there would be no probs whatsoever.

And the guy with the white shorts... what a complete and utter twat! I laughed my ass of when he was posing as a 'real' ninja hahaha

They were lucky the police didn't react with their 'water guns' to spray the mass open hahahaha

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyeris

Why does everything have to be official , whats wrong with a bit of spontaneity , people having fun without the intervention of Big Brother .
If you treat people like idiots they will behave like idiots , 13 years of the New Labour project has proved that

CX
The police should have brought a water cannon, alls fair in a water fight right?

Perfect

Edit to Add

[edit on 4-6-2010 by gortex]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

Well, if gathering together and making mischief with the police in Hyde Park is your idea of "fun" then go ahead. I have no sympathy for whiners who think that acting provocatively towards the police is "fun". This type of event ends up with a core of people having "fun" and the majority just going along to see what happens. The police have to attend because there will always be a minority who go overboard. I think the police were restrained.

Regards

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
i think the police showed great restraint in this video with quite a lot of provocation around and only arested the one guy for beeing a total prat

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I wouldn't call this fun, although I know how people's attitude changes once there is a police presence.

While I understand that there are people that have had bad run ins with the police that will not really have any respect for them, I don't really understand why the masses mostly turn against the police.

From what I've seen quite a lot of people were just looking for a confrontation with the police, and that's what they got. But then again... most of these will then start complaining the police took action, which is typical.

Somehow this video makes me think about the whole Israel thing... weird?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I have to say, the police showed an enormous amount of restraint. Especially after being sprayed and such. I personally think, that anyone who would antagonize police officers and their dogs must really be short a few brain cells. Even if it seems innocent, I just think it's uncalled for.

Here in the US, if 1,500 people gathered somewhere randomly, it would probably turn out badly.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by crafty_gnome]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Time for Brits to have fun in the sun - Brits don't get a lot of sun.

Shame on the police.

It would be nice if people could enjoy themselves.

top topics

join