It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Law of One - What is Right and What is Wrong?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Unity_99

What do you mean Unity_99 by the death star is parked at saturn? Can you delve into this more? By seam, what do you mean?

Here is a link to Hoagland's explaination: Death Star

There are several parts. It is a very interesting read.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

A gracious judge makes a judgment as a matter of order, but is gracious as a matter of charity.

If I do not judge, I am not orderly. If I judge rashly/unjustly, I am either ignorant or arrogant.
If I am not gracious, I am not charitable. If I am gracious without truth/understanding, I am either ignorant or arrogant.

If I judge a man evil for his pride, it is because, in Truth, pride brings death. I will seek his turning from pride and growth in life because I seek Charity, and Order is Truth.
If I help a man weak in his chaos, it is because, in Truth, chaos brings death. I will seek his turning from chaos and growth in life because I seek Order, and Charity is Truth.

Judge, for Life and death are not to be ignored. And also, be gracious, for Life and death are not to be ignored.

Understand, a name of God is "Elohim," meaning Judges.
They are the Good Shepherd.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
ET_MAN,

The imposition of judement on others or even yourself is not a wise move imho. For who are you to Judge what is right or wrong? I think you'll find judement stems from you seeing yourself as somehow seperate to the rest.

If the Law of one does not resonate with you, drop it and move on. Ra says many times not to listen to what is said if it does not resonate within. Imho ET_MAN you should take this inner leading position with any external information you find, so care not what Ra says, if its not for you then respect those who have found resonations.

You must look within to find the answer to such a deep question in OP that is beyond words, your incarnative mind will tend to judge and claim a right and wrong but with a connection to the infinite you may see that all is well in the end, your bias was a finite based illusion, all is perfect. Others cannot teach you this so the thread is somehwat folly, others can only guide.

For in actuality one cannot be taught truth, they must simply realize it within for themselves. Guidence is all an other self can do, imo if the seeker is not ready for the resonation of a deeply unbaised realization of there being no right or wrong they should simply go with their heart and brush a statement like "in truth there is not right or wrong" aside, perhaps they could return to explore the concept agin once they have seeked deeper within, deeper than the apparent limitations of the soul.

To one who has selflessly chosen to teach, perhaps a break from preaching to do some inner seeking and learning could be a wise move. In these days the "teachers are the targets" of psychic attack by higher density negatives who love to seed subtle distortions of seperation to couteract oneness, and judjement to counteract unconditional love, those who have taken on a role of teaching must be ever vigalent to centre themselves and maintain that connection to the infinite all to alleiviate any unwanted introductions or accentuations of distortion and continue to again teach a message of unconditional love for all.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

Hi Inforeal and Everyone-1,

Thanks for participating in this thread.

I actually haven't given my opinion on anything just yet.

But I will leave you all with these simple questions for now.

If there's no such thing as Evil or Good?

Or Right or Wrong?

Does that make it OK to torture, rape, abuse and murder people?

No Right or Wrong?

No Good or Evil?

ONE-1 LOVE
Best Wishes!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ET_MAN]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

You are literalizing light far too much.

Stop eating. Die. What will your body become? Dirt.
Stop moving. Even your atoms. What will the dirt become? Void.

What is done with cancerous flesh? Cut off. It certainly is part of the system as a whole, and I certainly do not deny that the manifestation of light in this world is built on many things, even shadows, but when the light is manifest fully, shadows flee.

Those who submit to death will pass away. Their expression was temporal. This is not a shame. We do not need to make excuse for the temporal and hold it up as though it is eternal like Life. It's role to play is not "bad," but it is certainly not everlasting. Death is not Life. All things we see are not Life. Some things are shadows and are essentially lies. Not lies in terms of "not there," but lies in terms of "won't be remembered for long."

Meditating is certainly good for expanding self-control/governance, but it is not a magic trick. The same very well can be achieved through many provisions of Life. Just because we rely on the sun does not mean it is a path.

Why is it common for people to take what provides for our needs and make them idols? Is water also a path? The air? And what of one of the forgotten needs, salt? Staring at salt will do nothing. Eating much of it will make your body sick. Life provides life. In other words, Light provides light, but do no revere life or light or judges as anything more than the reflections of God that they are. The sun will pass, but Light is everlasting.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

Literalizing???? Its been strong inner push,with many experiences, that I've posted about on a variety of threads. It is the truth and literal! And we're not our bodies.

Perception - The reality beyond matter

The threads in my profile have some very good videos, to watch.

The spoon is not real! This includes the body!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Our morals come from common sense. It's one of our survival tools. People realized that rules were needed if they wanted to continue surviving and living a more worry free life. We realized that there needs to be some kind of order. No one wants someone to steal their belongings so a law for stealing was created. No one wants their loved ones to be hurt or killed so laws for that were created.

Our morals can be explained by our natural ability to have empathy for one another. For instance, I wouldn't want my things stolen so I'm not going to steal your things. We are able to see other people as ourselves. However, some people lack that trait.

Our morals are sometimes learned from other people. Whether it be our family, friends, or a religion.

Our morals can also be explained by the simple fact that we might just be intimidated by the person we are wanting to steal from or harm, etc. Of course the fear of spending time in prison probably stops a lot of people from doing "wrong" as well.

Right is what's good for our survival. Wrong is what's bad for it.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Naughty B0B]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Hi Polarwarrior,

The imposition of judement on others or even yourself is not a wise move imho. For who are you to Judge what is right or wrong?

Did you read the original post?

I've made zero judgment and have left the OP as fair and open as possible for everyone-1 to simply discuss.

So I hope everyone-1 can further discuss.

After all that is what this thread is all about, it's not about judging anyone-1 but simply sharing thoughts, information and feedback with each other on what is right and what is wrong.

ONE-1 LOVE
Best Wishes!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ET_MAN]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ET_MAN

I've made zero judgments against anyone-1 and have left the OP as fair and open as possible for everyone-1 to simply discuss.

Its ok man, I never said you made any judgements in your OP, im sorry you took it personally.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ET_MAN

ET_MAN

If there's no such thing as Evil or Good?

Or Right or Wrong?

Does that make it OK to torture, rape, abuse and murder people?

No Right or Wrong?

No Good or Evil?

INFOREAL

It certainly isn’t okay to the one being tortured.

Fundamentally we have to go by something we don’t always see is apparent in guiding our actions . . . that is the law of Karma.

First, we should back up a minute, for I don’t say there isn’t any thing such as evil and good.

I certainly think evil and good exists within the matrix of time and relativity.
But ultimately both, just like any words that attempt to describe reality, can only approximately describe reality because actions never end as they merge and intersect with other actions and then become mysteriously a part of a whole from a higher perspective.

The law of karma, or law of energy association, determines that we are all one, therefore when one harms another they are harming all of us, and literally themselves as well.

Therefore ultimately it is a question of self-interest that determines that it is un-wise, unnatural, and cosmically unlawful [law of self-interest] to harm anyone.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by inforeal]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Whew! Ok, I've read most of the posts. There's some pretty interesting replies to the question. Uhhh, what was the question again? Oh yeah, I think he was right in thinking that maybe no one is wrong, maybe. That's my answer.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I read the RA material a couple months ago and found it quite interesting. One of the views I would spotlight now in regard to this topic is Hitler. We all would probably agree that Hitler was a monster and deserves his eternity in hell. This is what the RA material says about Hitler:

V. ADOLF HITLER

RA: This is an entity who, in attempting activation of the highest rays of energy while lacking the green ray key canceled itself out as far as polarization towards either positive or negative. This entity was basically negative, however, its confusion was such that the personality disintegrated, thus leaving the mind/body/spirit complex unharvestable and much in need of healing. This entity followed the pattern of negative polarization, which suggests the elite and the enslaved, this being seen by the entity to be of an helpful nature for the societal structure. However, in drifting from the conscious polarization into a twilight dream world, this entity failed in its attempt to serve the Creator in a harvestable degree along the path of service to self.

QUESTION: Where is Adolf Hitler now?

RA: At this time he is in a training process in the middle astral planes of your spherical force field. This entity was greatly confused and needed a great deal of care. (B1, 17)

Middle astral planes? Might this be considered a form of hell? How long will he be in training?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Ok, if you are not your body, then would it be the judgement of torture open your temporal body that makes it evil?

How can you be evil towards a body that is a construct of the "self/mind".

The judgement then becomes evil and not the action.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ultimately, beyond intellectual discursive analysis, what matters is what the great sage Buddha taught us.

It is evil when it carries with it suffering to another or oneself. It is basically that simple. Beyond the lofty metaphysics of the philosophers mind and down to the simple truth of

How do you feel?

Are you happy
Are you glad
OR
Are you miserable
Are you sad

The philosophy of our sages teaches us that the ultimate criteria of what is truly right and wrong is happiness, peace, joy, love, humanhood, and unity and the higher vibrations of being.

There is though the relative aspect of the developmental matrix that calls for things like violence, war, hatred, and destruction until we develop out of those modes of mis-development and transmute that dross to gold.

link   
reply to post by onequestion

Evil is a relative term, as are right and wrong. There is only Life and Void. From these we derive our opinions of right and wrong. I am satisfied is no one else agrees with me that Life is "right" or death is "evil" since, by nature, life is Life and death is Void. Dead and right is the way of animals. Alive and right is the way of the godly.

link   
Understanding right or wrong is simple ...

"Do unto others as you would have them do to you"

Pretty simple. And I'm not religious, but there are a few things in the bible that just make sense.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dasher

I agree with you 100%. I actually have no argument whatsoever for what you say.

Some of my posts are "word play" and i am just using other perspectives to understand other peoples perspectives by asking questions in those perspectives. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Hi Polarwarrior,

Its ok man, I never said you made any judgements in your OP, im sorry you took it personally.

No worries, I just wanted to clear that up so it's understood.

Everyone-1 please keep it a friendly discussion without name-calling or unnecessary judgments.

That is NOT what this thread's about!

Kind Regards,

ONE-1 LOVE
Best Wishes!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

I agree. There are morals in the bible that are good for our survival. I don't think we need the bible in order to be good or survive but that's a different topic so I won't get into that. It all comes down to doing what is good for our survival. Our own survival and the survival of the human race. That is what I believe "right" is.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

"It certainly isn’t okay to the one being tortured.

Fundamentally we have to go by something we don’t always see is apparent in guiding our actions . . . that is the law of Karma. "

To elaborate on that point: What if I purposely harmed you in another incarnation and caused you to die prematurely in that lifetime. In retribution or karma we both agreed in this lifetime you would subsequently cause my early dismise. How would that figure in the equation? It is clearly an act of evil to kill (or for that matter rape,
torture,etc.), but is it possible to let tragedy cut our life short in this
eye for an eye scenerio if both entities agree?

What about war, famine, flood, pestilence? Could evil befall us so that
we experience tragedy and suffering? I often wonder about people questioning how God could allow suffering and evil to prevail.
How do we know its not some preordained plan for our growth or evolution? What about people who turn their lives to unselfish dedication
to fighting injustice and become crusadors for causes by turning tragedy to positive outlets of love by making others not have to endure similar injustices?

I don't know if I"d call it prospective, empathy, enlightenment but sometimes we cannot know why we experience situations that test our will.
In closing, IMO life is like an onion with many layers too vast and intertwined with endless possibilities that we are not made aware. On some level everything that happens is for a greater reason and a greater good. Without darkness light would not be illuminated. Without trials and tribulations our core reason for experiencing and learning to love unconditionally can't take root and grow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join