It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick Judge, Jails UK women, 18 months for Feeding Baby a Sausage

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man

The child did die and that is child neglicting.

Well, no that isn't neglect.

Especially considering that the child died.

Had the child lived it would most likely be considered "child endangerment" or depending on her motives, should they prove to be sinister possible "child abuse".

The child died, though.

Here in the States, this would be considered "involuntary manslaughter", provided she didn't have any intentions of killing this baby prior to her reckless decision to feed it a sausage.

Had she listened to the child's mother none of this would have occurred.

Ignorance of proper child care or of the law itself isn't an excuse.

She got off light with 18 months, no need to complain about that.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
The title is very misleading.

I was under the impression that the sentencing was for endangerment or something of that nature, and that would have been peculiar and worth arguing. However, the child was killed, due to the woman feeding her adult food against the clear instructions and wishes of the mother.

It wasn't a careless mistake, it was complete neglect, especially after the mother told her not to. Her heinous defiance killed a baby, congratulations.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Well, obviously. But you shouldn't go to jail for unintentionally killing someone, unless you believed you were putting their life at risk. So people shouldn't go to jail for being dumb, only being immoral.

They do, though.

"I'm Stupid, your honor", isn't a proper legal defense against a manslaughter charge in this case.
People are usually imprisoned for stupid behavior that cost someone their life.

I believe in this case, and considering the area, "manslaughter by gross negligence" or "criminally negligent manslaughter" would probably have applied. Which is why she got such a light sentence.

Criminally negligent manslaughter

Criminally negligent manslaughter is variously referred to as criminally negligent homicide in the United States, gross negligence manslaughter in England and Wales or culpable homicide in Scotland.

It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness. A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability.wiki

That sounds about right.
As I said, ignorance of proper childcare or "I'm stupid" is not going to get you off the hook.

You can sit in front of the judge and say you didn't know that you shouldn't have made your friends newborn baby drink coffee, or I didn't know I wasn't supposed to drive with a baby in my lap but if those actions resulted in a death, that in itself isn't an adequate excuse. It won't bring the child back or relieve you of the responsibility of your negligent actions.

She lost 18 months due to her arrogance and stupidity, and the baby may well have lost 70+ years.

This isn't an "oops" situation and the judge isn't "sick".
There are plenty of really criminally corrupt judges out there and going on this case, this isn't one of them.

- Lee

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join