It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tar balls now hitting Pensacola, Navarre beaches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Tar balls now hitting Pensacola, Navarre beaches

www.pnj.com

Tar balls and oil have finally invaded Northwest Florida's pristine coastline, turning Pensacola and Navarre beaches into a spectacle of media frenzy and locals' "last swim" trips to the beach.

More from source.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Two people wearing latex gloves and carrying a large plastic bag began collecting tar balls shortly before 11 a.m. between Avenidas 20 and 23. They refused to say if they were from BP or the Unified Command.
As they walked slowly along the beach, a large crowd of gawkers followed, many snapping pictures.
They collected about 50 tar balls, warned people not to touch the oily objects then left.

What's the betting, these oil deposits, which are a fair bit older than more shallow oil deposits which have already been depleted, hence the projects were named "Deep Exploit" now quantly renamed "deep Horizon" as horizon is more pallatable than the word exploit.

Contain micro organisms which could present a danger to modern life as because they died out on the surface tens of millions of years ago, modern life has no immunity.

What's the betting that it was thought that any danger could be minimised with the containment of raising the oil deposits and into refinery processing with very minimal contact, and refinery processing killing off organisms contained in the oil deposits.

But now of course, the damn stuff is leaking at tremendous rates into the ocean.

This oil is a bit different to oil from younger deposists previously drilled for, made from different organic deposits in prehistory.

I hope i am way off mark here, this is something i'm hoping i am very wrong about, but it's something i've pondered for a week or so now.

But the possibility is there, like something out of a sci fi horror, maybe, but there is a pssibility these deposits so deep and so old, do contain somethng we cannot easily deal with, the oil is contaminating the sea itself and killing local wildlife, but is there maybe something more serious we've yet to experience the full effects of in the oil itself.

Has anybody else thought of this, possibility, were those people collecting tar balls doing so for testing, are we being told everything.

Not saying there are micro organisms we won't know how to deal with in that oil, but has this passed through anybody elses minds?

Peace.

www.pnj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

join