It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AFP: US troops won’t be used to stop illegal immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
From my personal blog Fascist Soup

The audacity of government knows no bounds.

The AFP reports:

WASHINGTON — US National Guard troops being sent to the Mexican border will be used to stem the flow of guns and drugs across the frontier and not to enforce US immigration laws, the State Department said Wednesday.

The clarification came after the Mexican government urged Washington not to use the additional troops to go after illegal immigrants.

President Barack Obama on Tuesday authorized the deployment of up to 1,200 additional troops to border areas but State Department spokesman Philip Crowley told reporters, “It’s not about immigration.”

WTF?

What illegal guns?

All the freaking guns are shipped in by the US government! Mexican drug gangs don’t cross the border and buy firearms from dealerships in the US! What the hell is going on here?

The drug gangs get their guns from Russia, China, or the Mexican military, which in turn gets its guns from the US government!

So, if not from the U.S., where do they come from? There are a variety of sources:

– The Black Market. Mexico is a virtual arms bazaar, with fragmentation grenades from South Korea, AK-47s from China, and shoulder-fired rocket launchers from Spain, Israel and former Soviet bloc manufacturers.

– Russian crime organizations. Interpol says Russian Mafia groups such as Poldolskaya and Moscow-based Solntsevskaya are actively trafficking drugs and arms in Mexico.

- South America. During the late 1990s, the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) established a clandestine arms smuggling and drug trafficking partnership with the Tijuana cartel, according to the Federal Research Division report from the Library of Congress.

– Asia. According to a 2006 Amnesty International Report, China has provided arms to countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Chinese assault weapons and Korean explosives have been recovered in Mexico.

– The Mexican Army. More than 150,000 soldiers deserted in the last six years, according to Mexican Congressman Robert Badillo. Many took their weapons with them, including the standard issue M-16 assault rifle made in Belgium.

– Guatemala. U.S. intelligence agencies say traffickers move immigrants, stolen cars, guns and drugs, including most of America’s coc aine, along the porous Mexican-Guatemalan border. On March 27, La Hora, a Guatemalan newspaper, reported that police seized 500 grenades and a load of AK-47s on the border. Police say the cache was transported by a Mexican drug cartel operating out of Ixcan, a border town.

Does the government expect us to believe Mexican drug gangs are walking into Gander Mountain and purchasing fully automatic military grade assault weapons? Do they think we are that stupid?

Then they have the audacity to state that not only will the troops be used to look for non-existent guns, but that while they are doing so they will ignore all illegal immigrants!

LSKJDF'___'KFJOIEOWHNSLKDFJLSKDFJ

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Of course not. That would ruin all of those future votes. It is all for show. Funny thing is they will use the national guard to police our streets but not to stop illegal immigration.

Everybody should wake up to the fact that no one is going to do ANYTHING about the immigration problem. Americans are the problem, not the immigrants.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Good thing I'm not going then.

I don't think I could just stand on the border watching those criminals waltz over without giving them a welcome to the USA present.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Of course not. That would ruin all of those future votes. It is all for show. Funny thing is they will use the national guard to police our streets but not to stop illegal immigration.

Everybody should wake up to the fact that no one is going to do ANYTHING about the immigration problem. Americans are the problem, not the immigrants.

American's aren't the problem.

The criminal American government is the problem:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I was being facetious.

The CIA has given the drug cartels more guns than they could ever get across the border alone. Id like to see those stats..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by mnemeth1

I was being facetious.

The CIA has given the drug cartels more guns than they could ever get across the border alone. Id like to see those stats..

You're damn right.

Let us not forget that a well maintained assault rifle can remain serviceable for DECADES perhaps even CENTURIES if given proper care.

We know for a fact that epic piles of weapons were moved through there by our own criminal government in the 80s.

The idea that drug gangs are getting their guns from civilian dealerships is so outrageous I have a hard time believing they even attempted to claim that.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
BUT THAT'S OTHER COUNTRIES FORCES DO!

I'm pretty sure they are supposed to protect America from Foreign invaders... Uh that's what this is right?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
OK Stop Mr. Illegal

Let me take your illegal guns
and drugs from you, now be
on your merry way. Have
a nice stay in the USA.

What is wrong with that picture?

Just tell the NG to stay at home
then. If their not gonna help,
then they are a hindrance.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

The problem is that:

1. illegal immigrants aren't smuggling guns, so the whole exercise is a gigantic waste of tax payer resources in that respect

2. illegal immigrants typically don't pay into the income tax system yet they do take advantage of the welfare system.

So you have immigrants coming up here, working under the table, then taking advantage of welfare programs that were paid for by working Americans.

The welfare incentivizes them to come up here, and the heavy tax system incentivizes employers to pay them under the table when they do get here.

Further, because the economy is depressed, there aren't enough jobs to go around for the American's already here legally.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

new topics

top topics

join