It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is noone talking about the sinkhole in Guatemala City?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Why is noone talking about the sinkhole in Guatemala City?

disclose.tv

It looks like a gateway to hell. A 200-foot-deep sinkhole in the north of Guatemala City suddenly opened up in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Agatha, pulling a three-story building and a residential home into the bowels of the earth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.longislandpress.com
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.aolnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Breaking News

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Okay so this might be a little old for it to be breaking, but when I saw this video my jaw dropped, and everybody i talk to hasn't even got a clue it even happened. You would think something this out of the ordinary would be all over the news and internet, but i haven't seen much about it. I am really surprised I haven't seen anybody post this on ATS yet, or maybe I just missed it. I find it strange that it's almost a perfect circle, very uncommon for nature.

So what I wanna know is your guys' thoughts or any additional info anybody may have? I've been looking round the internet and cant dig up much.

P.S. this is my first post so sorry if I'm messing up or doing this worng.

disclose.tv
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

I am really surprised I haven't seen anybody post this on ATS yet, or maybe I just missed it.

You just missed it
www.abovetopsecret.com...

First three threads that popped up in my search

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
here is some recent news:

and i bet this might get removed, since this isn't a new article u've posted.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Sorry but you missed the Guatemalan Sinkhole when it was at the height of its popularity.

You can't say that this hasn't been discussed here.
As far as I can tell, the biggest thread is the one I placed on top of the list.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by fleetlord]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HistoryIsOnlyHisStory

Holy sh it man you're totally right... this is in fact a jaw dropper!

And it is in fact strange that the 2012 lovers don't jump on this to make a link to a nice omen...

If I'd care I would definitely use it

Thanks for this man because otherwise I would never have stumbled upon it

EDIT: oups, ignore my ignorance... apparently it was debated

[edit on 4/6/10 by Eyeris]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
haha no problem dude. i figured i missed all the post before mine about this, which everyone pointed out that i did (thnx guys) haha. but i also figured it'd be okay to post anyway since everyone i talk to doesn't even know about it.

an thanx for the posts everyone

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Most of the links posted are about a sinkhole from 2007 i believe. There is indeed a new and bigger one that swallowed a whole intersection. And about that, I have researched sinkholes for a while now, and this has some irregularities present. I have not been there personally, but from the pics, there is no difference in the rock strata, including breaks or shearing, no jagged marks of any kind. The circle is common; however there seems to be an immense cave or cave system under which may account for the lack of center impressions. Also if a cave is involved then the water would not have loosened a center piece of the solid rock but more likely drained around it into the cave system somehow.
or it was the underground caves of the aliens and they used a lazer for a quick getaway.
Or maybe they finally turned haarp up all the way.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

Hollow Earth comes into mind.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I have also heard that Mexico City could experience sinkhole-style collapses on even larger and more destructive scales in coming years. The rationale is that the city is about to use up the last of what used to be a massive underground water aquifier. The city was apparently built on it but there is no more water pressure to keep the city itself aloft and its sitting on a disturbingly thin crust over a large, empty underground basin.

This aside, of course, from the perhaps-even-more enormous threats that a sudden loss of fresh water in general could pose to a mega-city of over 20 million people...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Please contribute the the MANY threads already on this subject listed above.

Closing

Thank you

Semper

top topics

join