It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexicans protest death of migrant in U.S. custody

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Mexicans protest death of migrant in U.S. custody

www.cnn.com

Mexico City, Mexico (CNN) -- About 5,000 Mexican motorists along the border near San Diego, California, protested the death of an illegal immigrant last week while in the custody of U.S. border agents, the Notimex news agency reported.

The San Diego police department is investigating Anastacio Hernandez Rojas' death, which the medical examiner ruled a homicide.

Hernandez was detained, beaten and shocked with a Taser on May 28, San Diego police said, and died three days later in a Chula Vista
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This will most like just add more fuel to the fire concerning the illegal immigration debate.

It also appears to be another homicide due to electrocution by a taser. He had high blood pressure and was on meth at the time of death.

The president of Mexico IMO can call for investigations all he likes, but until we Americans can immigrate to Mexico, or they create a even playing field regarding their immigration laws he can kiss my ...............

www.cnn.com

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So murdering someone is perfectly fine as long as they are an illegal immigrant?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Do 5,000 border patrol agents and their families flock to the line and protest every time one of them dies in the line of duty?

You'd think they'd have something better to do than tailgate in the desert.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Another illegal dies from complications of methamphetamine abuse. I guess he should have stayed home.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
the guy was on meth, no bueno! reminds me of the rodney king case, in that case rodney was on pcp...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm sure this happens to quite a few of other people, in our country, too. The only reason this is making news is because it shows a large number of people protesting the immigration law. They found one incident to blow up because the man was an illegal Mexican. A real reason to protest would be police tazing people which does injure quite a few people a year, not just illegals.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

What do you say about this one:

Mexico opens California office to provide ID for illegals
By: Sara A. Carter
National Security Correspondent
June 3, 2010

The Mexican government is opening a satellite consular office on Catalina Island -- a small resort off the California coast with a history of drug smuggling and human trafficking -- to provide the island's illegal Mexican immigrants with identification cards, The Washington Examiner has learned.

Read more at the Washington Examiner: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

"Handing out matricular cards to Mexicans who are not in this country legally is wrong no matter where it's done," he said. "But on Catalina it will do more damage. It's a small island but there's evidence it's being used as a portal for illegals to access mainland California." Read more at the Washington Examiner: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

And then:

Mexican government officials have moved their satellite consular office from the Catalina Island Country Club to a Catholic Church – citing protection under the Geneva Convention. Read more at the Washington Examiner: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Did anyone read the whole article??? I quote "The altercation occurred at the San Ysidro Port of Entry when U.S. Customs and Border Protection agents were trying to deport Hernandez to Mexico, San Diego and federal authorities said. Hernandez became combative, the officials said, and force was used to restrain him"

So this guy was being combative, he escalated the use of force necessary to be used on him and hes a druggie with health problems. Thats not the Border Patrols fault. If he hadnt been fighting deportation, he would still be alive.
And who cares what Calderon has to say on the matter...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
the illegals are just doing the meth Americans wont do.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

This will most like just add more fuel to the fire concerning the illegal immigration debate.

It also appears to be another homicide due to electrocution by a taser. He had high blood pressure and was on meth at the time of death.

The president of Mexico IMO can call for investigations all he likes, but until we Americans can immigrate to Mexico, or they create a even playing field regarding their immigration laws he can kiss my ...............

www.cnn.com

I'm so terribly sorry but three effing days later and on meth and its a homicide my lilly white buttocks!!!!!! Frikking liars. The taser cannot, I REPEAT absolutely CANNOT cause death three days later...and how am I qualified to say????? I was a medical technician witha nursing background, and I know plenty about anatomy. This is a load of BS for them to get sympathy, sorry but they don't get my sympathy one bit
!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I saw a guy get tazed for the first time yesterday.

9 times. nasty stuff. Well deserved, though

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It never fails to amaze me how much chutzpah the Mexicans have. They protest every time the US tries (however poorly) to enforce its own weak laws. They protest when a person with a history of health problems and drug abuse takes it upon himself to play jackass with the US border agents and dies in the process.

Mexicans, it's about time you shut up.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by buddhasystem]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
That is politics. The snowball is rolling. You can expect more of it about just anything, the smallest chance they will turn into a big thing of being oppressed.

They want piece of America and if America keeps ignoring it, they will get it.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I'm sure he wasn't committing any crimes, smuggling drugs, using drugs, or being violent in any way.

His mother also said he was a good boy, and provided the media with a photo of him in a Tuxedo at his High School prom.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I recall seeing a video of a person, on one of the cop shows, where a person was on meth, and had to be tased 4 times, and did attack a police offficer, and they were telling the suspect to get down on the ground.
Now after reading this story and hearing that, then the only thing I can conclude, is that they have no right to protest or complain. The first weapon that most police will use will either be pepper spray or a taser. And if that does not stop him, they will go for more forceful means.
So here we have a man, who has blood pressure problems, heart problems, having meth in his system and then he gets combative while in the custody of police/border patrol, and it is our fault that he died from a taser shock?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
So here we have a man, who has blood pressure problems, heart problems, having meth in his system and then he gets combative while in the custody of police/border patrol, and it is our fault that he died from a taser shock?

Sorry for being blunt, but... Good riddance.

new topics

top topics

join