It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Falcon 9 Rocket: Aborted once, now successful flight.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

It is a little sad that no one really cares enough to post. Hopefully, it is like this when I graduate and I begin looking for a job that will blast me off this world.

Maybe, ATS and MSM will notice the significance of the privatization of space when SpaceX and ORB are capable of sending a man to the ISS and into deep space. I think this could be the true turning point because many companies have been able to send satellites into space, but a very few are capable of sending a human into orbit and getting them back safely.

Go SpaceX! Publicly incorporate yourselves already!

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
It is a little sad that no one really cares enough to post.

Yes I have noticed that lately on ATS on anything worthy... maybe because there is nothing to debunk?

Hopefully, it is like this when I graduate and I begin looking for a job that will blast me off this world.

When you do send me a few shots of the moon bases

Go SpaceX! Publicly incorporate yourselves already!

I think they will do just fine....

Tuesday, December 23, 2008
How do you spell 1.6 Beee-ll-yee-an Dollarssss?

S-P-A-C-E-X, that's how. Holy crap, Spacex just got awarded a monster contract from NASA.

$1.6 Billion to for cargo resupply services to the International Space Station. That's right, that's 'illion' with a B at the beginning.

And if things go well, NASA has the right to order another $1.5 Billion worth of services afterwards. Damn, that is serious sweetness.

For those that haven't been keeping up, SpaceX was previously awarded a smaller contract of about $300 million in 2006. Back then it was huge (actually it's still huge), but now it looks like small potatoes. The launch vehicle is Falcon 9 and the spacecraft that will dock with the ISS is called Dragon. The first Falcon 9 has already arrived in Cape Canaveral in preparation for its launch in 2009.

kwajrockets.blogspot.com...

They also have their main facility on US Army SMDC's island.. Kwajalein Atoll

SpaceX

SpaceX updated facilities on Omelek Island to launch its commercial Falcon 1 rockets. The first successful Falcon 1 space launch from Omelek was conducted in 2008. It can launch polar and geosynchronous Falcon 9s from Omelek.

en.wikipedia.org...

Monday, November 24, 2008

And this is what the locals saw...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join