It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marcellus Shale Gas Well Rupture Forces Evacuation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Marcellus Shale Gas Well Rupture Forces Evacuation

www.thepittsburghchannel.com

Natural gas and drilling fluids spewed from an out-of-control well in Clearfield County on Friday afternoon.

Emergency officials said a mile-wide area was evacuated after an operation drilling into the Marcellus Shale ruptured.

The FAA issued a flight restriction in the immediate area.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yet another oil related disaster. Come on. This cannot possibly be a coincidence! Some one has to be doing this on purpose. Sabotage is getting more and more like a possibility.

There is oil spewing every where in the gulf of mexico. Now this.

I wonder how bad this will affect the oil industry.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well oil prices have dropped.. so time to force them back up again.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

I was going to post on this one but I didn't get back in time. Good work. My parents and family live near this event. They are going to let me know.

So far, I have seen nothing from PA Emergency Mang leaving Harrisburg PA but they may utilize the Indiana PA brance unit.

I knew it was just a matter of time before this occurred. I think the whole process should be stopped. They are doing this type of mining all over Northern PA> (the most rural and beautiful parts of it!)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Just saw posted on the local newsite (here in PA):

Spewing well in Clearfield County brought under control, company says

HARRISBURG, Pa. — Natural gas and drilling fluids escaped for hours from an out-of-control well in a remote area of Pennsylvania, but the company says the flow is now under control.

Elizabeth Ivers, a spokeswoman for driller EOG Resources, said the well was brought under control just after noon Friday, about 16 hours after it started spewing gas.

State Department of Environmental Protection spokesman Dan Spadoni says no one was injured and that there are no homes within a mile of the well, which is about 90 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. He says polluted drilling water hasn’t reached a waterway.

Spadoni says unexpectedly high gas pressure in the new well prevented crews from containing it. An expert on such wells says that gas well blowouts are very rare
Source: www.pennlive.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Also covered here earlier.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jessicamsa

Yet another oil related disaster. Come on. This cannot possibly be a coincidence! Some one has to be doing this on purpose. Sabotage is getting more and more like a possibility.

Natural Gas and Oil are two totally unrelated substances. Just FYI on that..

Good thing it didn't happen in Wyoming. We have H2S in our wells. A rupture like this would have caused many many deaths as a single breath at 1000 ppm will kill you instantly.

So I'm sure you could see how it could be much worse.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

This cannot possibly be a coincidence! Some one has to be doing this on purpose. Sabotage is getting more and more like a possibility.

what about the possibility that som one is trying to get a message through?
a very important message that will benefit us, rather than harm us, once we give it our attention and realize what is being said?

that, to me, is a far more likely scenario than sabotage.
with sabotage, all possible MO's are eventually illogical or unclear.
with a message, the motivation is easy to understand AND makes sense!

the motivation and the message might be:

we are needing to change our ways in relation to the world around us - both the environment as well as the animal kingdom - and the consequences of NOT changing are dire - the most extreme being our own removal from Earth's planetary system, i.e. HUMAN EXTINCTION

we can't kill our Mother
but she can kill us if we aren't healthy and we're making the rest of the family sick, too!

it might be awful to think of a mother having to decide whether to coddle the child whose presence compromises the lives of all the rest of the children...or to remove the threat as humanely as possible...but it isn't at all unheard of or impossible!

what would you choose, as Mother?

us???
or
everything else, including the mother????

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod

huh??!?

surely you jest.
if not, then surely you must educate yourself on this matter.

you might start here.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by queenannie38]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Good thing it didn't happen in Wyoming. We have H2S in our wells. A rupture like this would have caused many many deaths as a single breath at 1000 ppm will kill you instantly.

I see. I do not really know what the difference is, but I have never been good at geology.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Jessicamsa

i know this isn't a reply to me, but i can clarify.

the two substances are not unrelated, as DaMod said in that post, because they are always found together. When you harvest oil, natural gas comes with.

but one is liquid (oil) and the other a gas, and that is the difference between them, basically.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Perhaps nature is sending us a message

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Perhaps you should educate yourself??

Oil – actually refers to any viscous liquid that is not soluble in either water or alcohol. It can include edible oils as well as petrochemicals.

Natural Gas – is a lightweight, colorless, odorless substance that is made up of primarily methane.

This is from the link you posted re: the composition of oil.

There is a big difference between that and methane (which is mixed with H2S in certain locations)

Both fossil fuels? Yes.

The same thing? No..

[edit on 4-6-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

all i was commenting on was your statement that oil and natural gas are unrelated.

what does related mean?

1. Being connected; associated.
2. Connected by kinship, common origin, or marriage.
3. Music Having a close harmonic connection.

freedictionary.com

there is no denying that these two fuel sources are associated, and have a common origin.

your education remains in deficit.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheelerism
Perhaps nature is sending us a message

she is!

see my post above

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Fortunately they were able to regain control of this well, though it took 16 hours.

www.star-telegram.com

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- Natural gas and fracturing fluid from an out-of-control Pennsylvania well shot 75 feet into the air before crews could tame the flow of explosive gas more than half a day later, officials said Friday.
The well was brought under control just after noon Friday, about 16 hours after it started spewing gas and wastewater, said Elizabeth Ivers, a spokeswoman for Houston-based driller EOG Resources. EOG is also a major natural gas and oil producer in the Barnett Shale of North Texas, where the company had 12 rigs drilling Friday.
Ivers said she could not immediately respond to questions about how the accident happened. Public safety and protection of the environment are of the utmost importance, the company said in a statement.
The well never caught fire, and no injuries were reported, but state officials had worried that the gas might explode before the well could be controlled. State environmental authorities promised an aggressive investigation of the circumstances surrounding the blowout.

Concerns about this type of drilling and the potential impact on the Upper Delaware river can be found here:

Meet America's Most Endangered River, Thanks to the Natural Gas Drilliing Industry

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Update on this story:

UPDATE 2-Pennsylvania halts EOG drilling after blowout

PHILADELPHIA, June 7 (Reuters) - The Pennsylvania Department of
Environmental Protection (DEP) on Monday ordered EOG Resources Inc (EOG.N: Quote) to
suspend its natural gas drilling operations in the state after a well blowout
last week.
The suspension will remain in effect until DEP has completed an
investigation into the accident and the company has implemented any needed
changes, the agency said in statement.
The DEP banned EOG from drilling anywhere in Pennsylvania for up to seven
days and from using hydraulic fracturing techniques on any gas wells for up to
14 days
Other EOG wells that are already producing gas will not be affected.
The company, which owns 230,000 net acres in Pennsylvania, said it
regretted the accident and would work with the state in its investigation.
The Houston-based company has previously said it planned to drill 40 wells
in Pennsylvania's Marcellus Shale in 2010 and another 80 wells in 2011. It
currently operates about 265 active wells in Pennsylvania, 117 of which are in
the Marcellus Shale formation.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I work for a combustion specialties company in Pennsylvania.

We have worked in the recent past with companies that are providing equipment for companies that are doing the hydrofracturing of the Marcellus Shale Formation wells.

We have learned that they are planning to use a different method of fracturing here soon. It involves pressurizing the well with a mixture of propane and oxygen and igniting it with explosives.

Anyone know anything about this method? Has it been done before?
What is the safety record of this type procedure if it has been in use?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The age of Tesla is at hand.

A few more oil and 'natural energy' disasters should nail the
lid on the coffin and lead the way to the ether solution.

The ether is still around and up to making liars out of a lot of
people.
ED:
www.google.com...

[unrelated link removed upon request by owner]

Anti Tesla agents are all over the net.

[edit on 6/8/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

edit on 1/20/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: unrelated link removed upon request by owner

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Yep and after the Natural Gas explosion at Massey and now this, that makes two of these.

Add in the Oil rupture/fissures in the Gulf and the Expanding Earth Theory is looking more and more plausible....

There will be more of these, I guarantee it....

UPDATE: And looky there... yet another one in the news in Texas...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And another....

www.businessweek.com...

There will be more still....

[edit on 8-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

[edit on 8-6-2010 by HunkaHunka]

top topics

join