It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The (Clinton) Wonder Years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
All of the recent topics and posts regarding Reagan's evil empire and Dubya's botched administration have left me missing the lost days of yore, the wonder years, of the 90s....

The grace and wonder that was Whitewater;

The fun we had sitting around the fire playing "Chinese campaign contributor";

Hanging out at the "pen" with Susie McDougal;

Law at Rose, banking games at BCCI and Madison;

Those silly folks in the Travel Office;

That great drinking game, where you take drink a shot every time a misplaced file is found in the residence;

Laughing a t Paula's $850,000 nose;

Singing "Let it Snow" with Roger and Berry (RIP);

Vincent's sad and scary last day;

Jim Guy and free HBO;

The revolving door in the Counsel office;

The anticipation of who will get audited next;

The steamy phone sex of Linda and Monica;

And of course Congress's version of Caddyshacks famous line, "It's a peach dear."

If you miss these times as much as I do, here is a (lenghty) synopsis from The Wall Street Journal.

So pop a cold one, sit back and enjoy better times.

www.davidstuff.com...

See ya round the board.

[edit on 6/10/04 by Seth Bullock]

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
No comments from our leftish freinds eh? Can't say that I.m surprised.....

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Geez, I wonder if I can still hop a plane to Washington DC and get in line to view the flag-draped casket of President Reagan.

After reding that WSJ account, I feel the overwhelming need to wash!!

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Well, I guess I'm a little more "left" than "right", so I would have to say that yes, I miss Clinton. Letterman and Stewart had better material when he was in power.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
When you read things, you need to consider the source. HERE'S some info on the author.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   
SB's got a point here about the past corruptions and daliances of the Clinton years - maybe in retrospect to the Reagan years. You lefties attack the source of the info but not the info itself, go figure.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   
bravo, but you left out a few key happenings..

mr janet reno and the wako, ruby ridge....and they say tom ridge is takin away rights.

wonder if elleon [ sp] still remebers " disney world and his appearance on the t.v. show ' COPs'

the los alamos.....oh nufing happened , I just took work home wif me...soo soorry

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just a thought,
Would Waco be to Clinton what Abu Ghraib will be to Bush?

seekerof

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Not really, Seeker, as the prisoners at Abu were the worst of the worst, the victims at Waco range from idiotic folloers who caused no harm to the reest of us to children, who are nothing more than victims all the way around. Big difference.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix
SB's got a point here about the past corruptions and daliances of the Clinton years - maybe in retrospect to the Reagan years. You lefties attack the source of the info but not the info itself, go figure.

He has no point, the source is repetitous heresay and...... stand by the numbers, ok?
Which of those administrations had a cadre of convicted felons when they were through? Saved from prison with presidential pardons? (***HINT: there's four of them working in the current administration NOW!!***)

Interesting that our Right Wing Ideolouge Moderators didn't put this in the Pit where it rightly belongs.....hmmm......ATS's own vast Right Wing Conspiracy!!

new topics

top topics

join