It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fossil Antelope Teeth Hold Clues to Europe’s Missing Apes (hmmm-Alien interventions?)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Whatever it is in our DNA, that little 1%, that makes us different from our closest relative, probably the chimp, is the same 1% that differs us from a hippo, tiger and all other creatures on land, sea and air.

Was outside intervention needed to create us? If so then alien intervention would also have been needed to create the chimp, they are so far more advanced than the lemur, who had to be genetically modified because it is so more advanced than the shrew, on and on.

Food for thought......www.youtube.com...

[edit on 063030p://06America/Chicago06 by Tinman67]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I do think I missed that part of the 1% that can figure out the adding of video to a post

Nevermind, fixed.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
They have found engeneered artifacts about the age of the Earth. Among them I remember certain balls with the zenith area imprinted. Bet someone could fetch an article or ten about these balls, made out of bronze and found in a sediment layer dating several million years ago, if it wasn't billions. Bronze artifacts filled with coal found in South Africa. And you also have the deposit of depleted uranium and other radiant nuclear waste encapsuled in sandstone in Gabon Africa, from reactors that were active 2 biilion years ago, when the ozone layer was created and plants and primitive land life were created.

[edit on 6/6/2010 by Neo Christian Mystic]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo Christian Mystic

I wish you could have put a little more down about what you speak/write about. I have never heard of any of these things.

OOPA yes, but a million years? I haven't.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

The Grooved Spheres
Over the last few decades, miners in South Africa have been digging up mysterious metal spheres. Origin unknown, these spheres measure approximately an inch or so in diameter, and some are etched with three parallel grooves running around the equator. Two types of spheres have been found: one is composed of a solid bluish metal with flecks of white; the other is hollowed out and filled with a spongy white substance. The kicker is that the rock in which they where found is Precambrian - and dated to 2.8 billion years old! Who made them and for what purpose is unknown.

ancientx.com...

There are also other amazing artifacts from the impossible realm there.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

You mean the Klerksdorp spheres? Well to start with they are not "made of bronze" -

Through petrographic and X-Ray diffraction analyses of specimens of these objects Heinrich found that they consist either of hematite (Fe2O3) or wollastonite (CaSiO3) mixed with minor amounts of hematite and goethite (FeOOH). Observations by Cairncross and Nel and others indicated that many of the Klerksdorp spheres found in unaltered pyrophyllite consist of pyrite (FeS2).

These are naturally occuring minerals, not artificial metal alloys. And the spheres -

vary widely in shape from either approximate or flattened spheres to well-defined discs and often are intergrown ... some of the Klerksdorp spheres are intergrown with each other, like a mass of soap bubbles ... Both Cairncross and Heinrich argue that the grooves exhibited by these concretions are natural in origin. As proposed by Cairncross, the grooves represent fine-grained laminations within which the concretions grew.

Klerksdorp spheres

Similar roughly spherical, grooved Iron Oxide concretions hav been found elsewhere, such as the Moqui marbles in the USA

The Navajo Sandstone is also well known among rockhounds for its hundreds of thousands of iron oxide concretions

Moqui marbles

The next 'Puzzling Ancient Artifact' listed on the site you linked to are the Dropa Stones.

ancientx.com...

In 1938, an archeological expedition led by Dr. Chi Pu Tei into the Baian-Kara-Ula mountains of China made an astonishing discovery in some caves that had apparently been occupied by some ancient culture.

Here's the source of this tale -

Sungods in Exile is a book published pseudonymously in 1978 ... tells of a 1947 expedition to Tibet ... claimed that the Dropa tribe was of extraterrestrial origin and had crashed on Earth. The book featured photographs of the tribe and the alleged Dropa stones which contained messages from the extraterrestrials.

But

In 1995, British author David Gamon admitted in Fortean Times that he had written Sungods in Exile as a hoax under the Agamon pseudonym, inspired by the popularity of Erich von Däniken and his books on ancient astronauts. The source material for the story was taken from a 1960's magazine article in Russian Digest, and a 1973 French science fiction novel Les disques de Biem-Kara, (The discs of Biem-Kara), by Daniel Piret.

Sungods in Exile

Now I know Wiki isn't a brilliant source, but I think it's a bit more credible than websites that continue to run with 15 year old admitted hoaxes.

Why is it, when perfectly straitforward explanations account for these things, that people continue to look for extra-terrestrial and other mysterious origins? Is it because people simply "want to believe" and have a need to go for the esoteric rather than accept the rational?

I came to ATS hoping for impartial, analytical, well-reasoned discussions, but instead I keep seeing blind acceptance of the most implausible ideas, however flimsy the evidence for them; however substantial the evidence against.

Please people, do some critical thinking and a little research before swallowing everything you read. But don't limit that research to places which are designed to reinforce your preconceptions. Look at things from more than one side, then evaluate and decide.

I do not "want to believe" - I am instead 'ready to believe', based on trustworthy, reliable evidence.

Surely this is the balanced, open-minded approach we should adopt if we're to really "Deny Ignorance".

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Crazy Man Michael

There are many sources to quite a bit of research from several studies done to the Klerksdorp spheres. And quite an effort has been exercised to debunk every bit or research done into the speres. They are very old (2.5-3 billion years old) and they appear to have been "manmade". Below is the Wiki article:

en.wikipedia.org...

I posted the page in the other post to illustrate that there is quite a bit of out of time artifacts having been found around the world of seemingly "manmade" origin.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

There are many sources to quite a bit of research from several studies done to the Klerksdorp spheres.

Yes, but the wiki article you just linked is the same one I linked in my post just above yours. Where it states that they are made of naturally occuring minerals, not the artificial metal "bronze" you claimed them to be.

I agree they do look man made, but they are not, they are naturally occuring concretions. Their shape varies from flattened spheroids to discs to intergrown clusters/clumps where they have fused together during formation (similar to clusters of concreted cannonballs found in shipwrecks). The grooving is a result of the laminated rock layers they were formed in.

The article also mentions very similar finds like the Moqui marbles. These things are not uncommon, but they are quite natural.

And, yes, the other page you mentioned does indeed list quite a few out of place items. But the first two are the (natural) Klerksdorp spheres we've just been talking about and the 15 year old ADMITTED HOAX of the Dropa Stones.

Why are we going round in circles here?

If those are the top two best pieces of evidence then I'm sorry but I'm going to need more convincing than that.

The Antikythera Mechanism and The Baghdad Battery are both very interesting, but again they're neither alien nor especially ancient.

There's a nice reconstruction of the Antikythera Mechanism in the National Archaeological Museum in Athens. Inscriptions have dated it to c 100 BC. It's a calendar, predicting lunar phases and solar eclipses and it even tracks the dates of the Ancient Olympic Games. A marvellous piece of engineering, possibly based on the works of Archimedes, who made similar mechanical wonders.

The Baghdad 'Battery' has been used to reconstruct similar Daniel cell type batteries which can produce a voltage of up to 1V. One attempt to use the repros for electroplating managed a layer just one micron thick, and that was using efficient modern electrolytes. Using vinegar/wine etc the battery is very feeble.

In fact you can get a better battery from a lemon or even a potato with a piece of copper and a piece if zinc. I know, we do it every year at my primary school in science class.

Besides the lack of usable power -

"the bitumen completely covers the copper cylinder, electrically insulating it, so no current can be drawn without modifying the design"

One plausible use is as a storage jar for scrolls or whatever, with the bitumen providing a hermetic seal.

So no using them to power arc lights to paint the murals in the Pyramids then, despite von Daniken's claims. I bought and read "Chariots" back in 1969 when I was 17. I totally believed it all at the time, but I've become more discriminating over the years. I'm still prepared to be impressed by ancient technologies (as I am by the Antikythera Mechanism for example) - but I won't just swallow any old idea without doing a bit of checking up nowadays. And the internet helps with that, I just need to recognise who's offering real insight and who's just trying to tell me a wild tale or sell their latest book.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   

You'd believe anything would be natural at that age. Your mind is too limited to imagine they were made by intelligent beings. Just admit it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

You'd believe anything would be natural at that age. Your mind is too limited to imagine they were made by intelligent beings. Just admit it.

At that age?

I said when I was 17 I believed all the incredible stuff.

So you're just having a go because I'm in my 50's now. Ageism, really?

I tried to use my 'limited mind' to open yours a little by presenting you with a few verifiable facts - but it seems you prefer to believe in man made minerals and admitted hoaxes.

The last two examples (Antikythera and Baghdad devices) were certainly made by intelligent beings and I said as much.

If you want to discuss these issues please refute my statements by producing some evidence as I did - not by resorting to offensive ageist wisecracks.

You haven't brought a single reasoned argument to this thread so far.

Resorting to insult is often a sign that you're losing an argument and can't cope with it.

[edit on 8/6/10 by Crazy Man Michael]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I agree with all your conclusions about the cited objects. Unfortunately, these objects have been repeatedly identified month after month on ATS...for years.

I know of several members who still raise these objects when they already know how mundane or hoaxed they are. Many have an argument with science and education that somehow justifies their deception. The objects become red herrings as they try to give science a kicking. These members are complicit in spreading the same lies as those on Creationist websites. They're often mendacious enough to claim they are 'denying ignorance.' It's basically, 'anything goes' while they try to score points. If you stay on ATS a while, you'll likely identify who they are...

There's an excellent, short documentary about the Antikythera Device...right here. Rooting it's construction firmly in the Greek Islands of the first centuries BC increases it's curiosity in my opinion. Archimedes or apprentices of his? The mystery remains. Great stuff!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks Kadinsky, that documentary is very interesting. We really underestimate our ancestors when we attribute the seemingly 'impossible' to alien intervention rather than give credit to human ingenuity.

It's a shame some people see science in such an adversarial way. We're all in the same boat, just looking for answers. Good science tries to base its answers on verifiable facts, and also tries to be open minded about the many unknowns which remain a puzzle.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crazy Man Michael

Originally posted by Neo Christian Mystic

At that age?

I said when I was 17 I believed all the incredible stuff.

So you're just having a go because I'm in my 50's now. Ageism, really?

I was talking about the age of the artifacts. Chill, dude.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hi! 6,000 years ago in Ireland they were building gorgeous, organized ring forts with perfect stone stacking techniques. The structures were as nice as any stome mason would integrate together today. Actually the stone work is neater than the pyramid work that was built next in Egypt, which looks primative. The stone work done on the pyramid in Mexico on the Sun and Moon pyramids was superb. It seems this is when people really started to be intellectual with written languages. I am guessing they had help. The hammer in the slate fossil and the 250 million year old plus leather size ten shoe print with a heal and double fine leather stitching make it seem as if we had visitors to Earth. Forbidden archeology is really facinating. I feel we are a seeded zoo, and they're are other areas maybe Mars that were seeded as well.
We may never know the answers, and new discoveries that change our view of history happen all the time. It is important to remain open minded,
we probably are not the smartest bears in the woods so to speak.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I was talking about the age of the artifacts. Chill, dude.

Oh, I see. I misunderstood and got defensive. Mea Culpa. I was wrong. Please accept my apologies.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Hi! 6,000 years ago in Ireland they were building gorgeous, organized ring forts with perfect stone stacking techniques. The structures were as nice as any stome mason would integrate together today.

Yes I agree, I've visited a few of these impressive and beautiful sites. The craftsmanship is superb and my 'inner hippy' loves the atmospheric vibe

There are wonderful panoramic views of Ulster and Lough Swilly, Lough Foyle and the Inishowen Penninsular from the ramparts of 'Grianan of Aileach', on Greenan Mountain in Co Donegal, about 8km west of Londonderry. It's a late Bronze Age/Early Iron Age hillfort surmounted by the "cashel" or stone fort itself which is dated to the Early Christian Era.

www.megalithics.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
There are some very nice photograhs of the stone fort here -
www.megalithics.com...

And of course, the magnificent 5000 year old Newgrange, older than Stonehenge and the Pyramids. I'd love be one of the lucky lottery winners who get to enter the chamber to see the interior illuminated by the sun at dawn on the Winter Solstice.

www.newgrange.com...
www.knowth.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

The hammer in the slate fossil and the 250 million year old plus leather size ten shoe print with a heal and double fine leather stitching

250 million years ago is at the the start of the Triassic period, and predates dinosaurs by about 25 million years, let alone modern homo sapiens who appear in the record 'only' 200,000 years ago.

I've seen these examples mentioned before and would be grateful for any references/links. I am genuinely interested in such mysteries. Not merely to debunk the known misrepresentations, but as I've said earlier, to try to make a fair and open-minded appraisal. I still remain open to the possibility that there may have been civilizations lost to mainstream history.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Hiya Frugal. I used to be fascinated by ooparts and found them mind-boggling. A good thing about the internet is we can do a little background checking for any ooparts that catch our eye. Of the ones featured on 'forbidden archaeology' and Creationist sites, I can't think of one oopart that remains unidentified or unexplained.

The hammer in the slate fossil and the 250 million year old plus leather size ten shoe print with a heal and double fine leather stitching make it seem as if we had visitors to Earth.

The hammer is known as the 'London Hammer' and owned by a guy called Baugh. Baugh was a well-known creationist who collected 'ooparts' with the intention of undermining ideas of Evolution and our accepted timelines of human history. Basically, he used objects like this to a lever a crack in our reported history where Creationism could exist as a *possibility*. The hammer was found to be an early 20th Century American-style hammer. It was partially encased in rock that had 'concreted' around it. I can post a detailed link if you like?

The sandal is called the Meister Print. To my eyes it doesn't look much like a sandal print, but it still features on many websites as an oopart. Again, it's used by Creationists and FA guys to leverage a gap in science or history where 'lost races,' 'ancient astronauts' or a Creationist God can still afford housing.

EDIT: The London Hammer

[edit on 11-6-2010 by Kandinsky]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Looks like I hit a soft spot there lol
Don't worry. 50 years is like a drop in the ocean compared to the age of many out-of-time artifacts.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join