It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N Korea hails development of new 'super drink'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

N Korea hails development of new

news.bbc.co.uk

North Korea has developed a "super drink" that, it says, can multiply brain cells and stop skin ageing.

The secretive state's official news agency, KCNA, says the drink contains 60 kinds of "microelements" extracted from more than 30 species of plants.

It attracted "much interest from Chinese, German and other businessmen" at a trade fair in Pyongyang last month, the agency reports.

It was developed by a joint venture fruit juice company.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-6-2010 by TheOracle]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just wow, if this is true, where do I sign up to get a few bottles? It is a joint venture (I wonder who else is involved) but it looks good since germans are showing a keen interest!
It is also somewhat reassuring that it is made of natural components. And I rather trust a communist product than coming from a capitalist corporation.
I will keep an eye on this that's for sure

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Count me as skeptical. The only word we have is from North Korean public release.

I would like to know the name of the drink and the ingredients...will do a bit more searching...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

It's North Korea so it's anyone's guess if the claims are true! The BBC article only has the word of the N Korean news agency KCNA.

Given their track record, if KCNA said I was wearing socks...I'd have to look at my feet to be sure!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Well, I guess that explains why Kim Jong-il isn't dead yet...

All kidding aside - if it works, I'd drink it... But I can bet you it's going to be pricey!

peace

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Can't be real.. NKorea is always boasting about what they've done to keep the support of their people, but when have they ever released anything substantial?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
Count me as skeptical. The only word we have is from North Korean public release.

I'm with ya on that.
I'd like to see the R&D
for that.
As many have claimed
to hold the elixor of youth
but none have been successful
that I am aware of.

It may be just a ruse to get
commerce started with NK
and the rest of the world.

Let's see now,
how many different kinds
of power and energy drinks
do we have on the open market??
me lost count .... lol

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
And I rather trust a communist product than coming from a capitalist corporation.

If it werent for capitalism those communist thugs ruling NK would have starved their entire population off long ago.

Which companies delivered food aid to North Korea time and time again?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Well, I guess that explains why Kim Jong-il isn't dead yet...

lmao, now that was funny
u get a star for that one

Course it didn't prevent his
stroke

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i believe there is already a thread on this :

"Super Drink"
volcanicleaf

_on topic_

as many here have previously stated and as well in the original thread"i wouldnt trust any thing released from north korea and would also like to see a patent or list of ingrediants.

~meathead

edit for spelling

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
And I rather trust a communist product than coming from a capitalist corporation.

Fair enough.
But they are marketing this product with unreasonable and impossible claims.
In fact, I've never seen so much nonsense attached to an herbal extract drink.
I'm surprised they don't claim it cures cancer.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
hahaha are you people really considering this is true?

Kim must have drank one of these right before he scored his most recent 8 hole in ones!

This is from a couple years ago- but it's too good not to post. North Korean leader, Kim Jong-il is the best golfer in the world, hands down. On his first ever trip to the golf course, he shot 38-under par, including 5 hole-in-ones! This is reported by the government controlled media. He routinely shoots 3 or 4 hole-in-ones every time out.

not to mention his 300 game of bowling and the hundreds of other things that evil, short, ugly, insane, maniacal moron and his countrymen spew out. Someone really needs to put a bullet in his head. I volunteer.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Shark VA84]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There is no question that this is true. They are undoubtedly powering the plant with their recently announced fusion reactor.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Crikey,This is bizzarre.

Theres no way theyv'e been testing it out on lil kimmy-unless he was actually born in the 1700s...

I think I would rather try the hindu's cow piss soft drink before I dabbled with lil kimmys mad elixir,and that would only be if someone physically forced me to.

boingboing.net...

Haha.Crazy juice.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be hilarious if this was true? I mean, no one is especially warm towards NK, so if they came out with an elixir of youth/magic potion/super medicine, it would really mean truth is stranger than fiction.

In my personal opinion, if it had any properties worth selling, NK could charge a kings ransom per drink and make a mint. I'm skeptical, but Asia is known for it's unique and amazing spices and plants.

Of course, it doesn't mean we Americans would ever see it. FDA would slap some labels and views that it's damaging to you.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SweetRevenge

It would be hilarious-like their claim of sussing out cold fusion a while back,or their constant claims that they will destroy the USA.

Maybe they should focus on acually helping rather than starving their own people,and there would be less need for such miracle juices.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think they have something

I can imagine how Kim, understanding his health is failing and he doesn't have the energy of his younger years, ordered all of NK medical researcher to find a cure or face the firing squad.
Now, believing that Nature has answers to all of mankind's illnesses (just like chili peppers can cure forms of cancer!) There must be out there a plant or a natural formula for the benefit of our braincells.
So after years of trial and errors, they finally came up with something.

I say : sell it already NK! That will lift you from poverty, raise your image and status and benefit all of mankind!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by TheOracle]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

If only they'd said super alcohol get pissed her matey drink, I'd have jumped ship bloody immediately, shame though it's a pointless pissless peace of piss crap.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
It is called "Dear Eel Drank."

I'll believe it when my brain cells start replicating uncontrollably.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Thats a good point. Dear Leader could be pining for immortality like some cheap anime or video game villain and has commanded his scientists to make him an elixir. I really couldn't see that order being too much of a stretch coming from him.

I think I would prefer an aged shell of an immortal man to the backup plan all Asian countries always have on their backburners, a 20-story tall robot with Kim's brain and laser eyes.

If this is true, we'll either need a Voltron team or a party of noble adventurers to top him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join