It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Israel’s Boarding Of the Gaza Flotilla a Violation of International Law?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

You have posted all the laws you need, Other psted others.

I cant read them for you..Thats something you have to do yourself.

When finished and you KNOW the laws, come back and debate...

Till then you are just making yourself look silly..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I didnt start the IQ bit.
I have no idea how you think an issue about an animal (although I love Whales) can compare in any way to human life.

And my point in this thread is,
If you want to use a law to justify an action then you MUST use the whole law, not just the part that suits you...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

Prove it.

Don't attack the poster.

Prove your assertions.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Prove that you cant read what you and others have already posted links to?
Are you serious????

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

Prove it.

Don't attack the poster.

Prove your assertions.

Seems to me I've already done that for you...I posted at least 5 source that state it's not legally binding...NOT TO MENTION the bit about them HAVING to allow relief shipments in if a secondary outcome of the blockade is starvation.....

Is that not enough proof???

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ElijahWan

I just dont understand what they are asking.
I thought any 8 yearold could have understood my post...

Like I said, I cant read the friggin links for them

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
For this "law" to work the conflict must fall under the category or be accepted as an international armed conflict. This is not an international armed conflict.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Fatality

Read mine and others posts and you will see that is exactly what we are trying to get across.

Fact is you cant pull one sentence out of a 300 page document and only go by that...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
reply to post by Fatality

Read mine and others posts and you will see that is exactly what we are trying to get across.

Fact is you cant pull one sentence out of a 300 page document and only go by that...

Shhhhh.....Don't tell Israel that....They might come to your place of residence, break into your house, kill you, and then claim you attacked them with a pipe and that justifies yer murder.

[edit on 6/5/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Yea i noticed

And proving that Israel-Hamas is an international armed conflict would be very hard because :

1)Israel is not officially announcing/accepting that they are occupying Gaza.
2)Gaza is not even a state.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

The flotilla made their intentions clear, which was to breach the blockade, and that is a belligerent act. Out of 6 ships 5 did not use violence, they were inspected, and they followed the directions of Israel, which was in it's right to enforce the blockade.

Only one ship, and several of it's crew members decided to use violence because they did not want to stop, they wanted to breach the blockade and didn't want to be inspected.

Wow: That made sense! I didn't see or hear this piece of information on mainstream media. All I saw was yet another blurry video of violence on a board and angry Turkish people on the streets protesting to boot. In another ATS thread and before reading about this thread, I replied that the whole incident was yet another `Anti-Israel` propaganda.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

Well then all I can say is you need to read more...

Would you like some links?

I promise they will all be true and correct...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Didn't you post this exact thing in another thread the other day!!

People, listen to yourselves.. see these words.. Hate Filled, Spewing Hate .. do you not see it yet?

Most are not showing HATE, most are trying to explain something YOU REFUSE to understand or accept.

Quote from this thread...
"NOTE: the San Remo Manual is not a treaty, but considered by the ICRC to be reflective of customary law. "

The ICRC being The International Committee of the Red Cross.

If not a Treaty, then does that mean it is unratified by any country?

If so does that then mean it is not International Maritime Law as ratified by the U.N and other signatories?

This horse has been flogged to death, give it up man and move on to other things in life.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Israelis couldn't have done it, and you know why? Because wikipedia is a leftist website, and they are known to be biased on several issues, including Climate Change, and "politics."

The editors of wikipedia are known to have tried to change history, at least in their links, to try to sway people's opinion in a wide range of topics.

Wikipedia cannot be used as a trusted source, at least in some topics, when it is a known fact that they change the information in their links to reflect their biased views.

[edited for errors]

[edit on 5-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Israelis couldn't have done it, and you know why? Because wikipedia is a leftist website, and they are known to be biased on several issues, including Climate Change, and "pollitics."

The editors of wikipedia are known to have tried to change history, at least in their links, to try to sway people's opinion in a wide range of topics.

Wikipedia cannot be used as a trusted source, at least in some topics, when it is a known fact that they change the information in their links to reflect their biased views.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

Aye I highly doubted it was Israel who did any changes to the wiki...Would be pointless since as I pointed out...the ICRC itself says it's not law....Just pisses me off when I see people changing information to reflect/sway opinions.....Wiki Propaganda

[edit on 6/5/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

Oh really?... You people are making decisions based on Palestinian propaganda and keep bashing Israel even from the beginning without finding out all the facts, yet you want to claim people like me are the biased ones?...

Israel is not the only nation which has done this, yet you people want to bash them for doing it?...and it is not illegal again for them to have done this.

Peaceful people don't get pipes, knives, and other white weapons and wait for the authorities to arrive to beat them up.

These people announced that their intention was to breach the blockade... that is looking for confrontation...

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Tayesin

Oh really?... You people are making decisions based on Palestinian propaganda and keep bashing Israel even from the beginning without finding out all the facts, yet you want to claim people like me are the biased ones?...

Israel is not the only nation which has done this, yet you people want to bash them for doing it?...and it is not illegal again for them to have done this.

Peaceful people don't get pipes, knives, and other white weapons and wait for the authorities to arrive to beat them up.

These people announced that their intention was to breach the blockade... that is looking for confrontation...

Oh dear,

I'm not You People!!

I am ME, an individual beholding to NO NATION.

I am basing my opinoins on my own Perceptions of the situation and no one elses.

Maybe you should take things on a one to one basis instead of lumping anyyone who disagrees with you into one bucket!! YES?

That would be a much more effective way to deal with things.

I've seen all that you and others have shown. I'm sorry but it is not convincing enough for me.

I don't care if people on a boat hit IDF guys with poles.. I would have done the same thing in the same circumstance.. as I would if it were U.S Marines, Aussie Navy Seal, or anyone else doing what I believed was a cruel thing to inflict on another race of human beings as is being done with non-combatants in Gaza.

I don't care that Israel claims the blockade is legal based on those Maritime un-ratified 'laws'. I claim the blockade of Gaza is anti-humanitarian, and therefore a heinous crime against the people. Hence why I would fight the IDF on that boat. And why I will say the same things about other countries doing such things to other humans, be it China, Mexico or anyone else.

All that and I am a Pacifist, a humanitarian. I am no hater of anything. I do despise Dishonesty with a vengeance, but that's the limit of my negative out-goings.

Sorry to have tried to bring a varying perspective to the table.

[edit on 6-6-2010 by Tayesin]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElijahWan

How is starving 2million some people not "excessive" in relation to any advantage that Israel gains from the blockade.....This won't fly in a court of law anywhere.....

"define starving" Israel is not stopping any food from going to Gaza. as it is inspected at Israeli ports it is trucked to Gaza.

you can not starve because you do not get concrete steel pipe weapons or other war material.

If anyone is starving its because Hamas is taking the food and selling it to the highest bidder or giving it to there supporters.

littlegreenfootballs.com...
www.ynetnews.com...
www.timesonline.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Are they starving because they don't get obese like Americans.

israelseen.com...

In fact the blockade may be improving the diet of the people of Gaza

They have plenty of fruit and vegetables that are grown in Gaza.
They have meats like chicken raised in gaza and fish from the aid program.

Yes they have little beef but that is bad to eat anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join