It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laredo Border Agents Bust Fake Deputy, Find Pot in Truck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Laredo Border Agents Bust Fake Deputy, Find Pot in Truck

www.chron.com

They've disguised themselves as movers, mail couriers, repairmen and now, even lawmen.

Drug traffickers are getting so much bolder and creative that a man recently was snared in South Texas dressed as a sheriff's deputy and driving a pickup outfitted with emergency lights and painted to look convincingly official.

Almost.

The truck caught the attention of border agents last week who noticed the decals were a bit different than those used on the Webb County Sheriff's Office vehicles, said Jason Darling, spokesman for the Border Patrol's Laredo Sector.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I am happy to hear of this great bust but on the flip side it is one more excuse to use against us for not complying with lights/siren or the uniform. Awesome attention to detail and situational awareness on the arresting agents part.

Secure

P.S. Before everyone starts talking about racially profiling, it had nothing to do with this case... they didn't even spell the county right.

www.chron.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have a video to go along with this.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have a video to go along with this.

EDIT video was moved

[edit on 4-6-2010 by xXxtremelySecure]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Not that it should come as that big of a surprise. As for the whole profiling thing, I chuckled at your statement

P.S. Before everyone starts talking about racially profiling, it had nothing to do with this case... they didn't even spell the county right.

How can it be profiling when you know a certain type of person is doing something wrong? If you are bit by a dog do you look for a cat?
The racial profiling garbage interferes with the matter at hand. Sorry the bad apples ruined it for everyone else! If Mexicans are the ones doing something wrong well they are the ones you have to go after. Quite simple really. Anyway I think the public would be shocked if they knew the other methods the cartels use for smuggling and how prevalent they are.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
How many people think that the drug cartels are stupid? They are going to keep trying new things, just to keep the flow going. They are learning, the question is when will they start to do distraction actions so that way they can start to bring things in when the attention is elsewhere? They are working under the idea of trying to sneak stuff across the boarder, but I have a feeling it will not be too long before they start doing more direct actions and working to cause a problem in one area, and then the border patrol and other police officials respond, they sneak in elsewhere, as the majority of the officials will be too busy to respond.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah, so how is that drug war coming along? Oh yeah, they can't stop crap except the here and there bust. Its worth fighting for the children right, I mean they are fighting for lives?

Legalize it all...educate all...true freedom for all.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by SmokeandShadow]

new topics

top topics

join