It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada adds 24,700 jobs but where are they really?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

But unemployment rate stays at 8.1%

Is that really the true number? or just a fake number just like the rest?
And the comment section is really laughable do those people who believe this report actually go out to employment centers see if there full time jobs? or not?

Great news! The economy is doing very well in Canada, much better than most areas of the globe. Canadians should count their blessings. Read more: www.cbc.ca...#ixzz0pu2rg0B9

Why doesn't this person then go to an employment center to back up his statement?

sorry for urging against the comments, but i find there comments on the article, untrue and more like a role playing game.

On Topic, i have been to the employment center just yesterday and boy alots of people have been going back home with no luck of finding a job which they were searching for.

I will never go to an employment center again, its just a waste of time, you can send your resume to any job you want if you have education, but the chances of getting a reply over the phone or email is Zero.

Stats Canada are manipulating the numbers.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I am not sure it is a lie. I get an email everyday from Monster.ca and there are at least 4-5 new postings everyday for the Edmonton area, with employers looking for computer people. Around here it isn't as bad as the rest of the country though.

Unemployment numbers are tricky too. You have to meet a certain criteria to be considered "unemployed". If you quit your job you aren't unemployed because you chose that, if you have been out of work for more than 9 months I believe, you are no longer considered unemployed. There is no real way to track true unemployment.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
since you are visiting the employment center, you are looking of a job?
can i ask what type of work you are interested in?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
StatsCan folks are full of crap . . . they're just an arm of the governement with a mandate of making things seem as though the goverenment is doing a swell job while blowing through our tax dollars . . .

Believe me, I know. I live near Windsor. StatsCan figures the unemployment level here is 12.7 percent.

Triple that and you might be close as most of the folks 'laid off' more than a year ago have pretty much given up finding a job and aren't considered in those numbers.

That's the horsecrap thing of the way the numbers are interpreted. If you don't have a job and aren't collecting EI benefits, you're (in the eyes of the goverment) EMPLOYED.

Can I get a hardy WTF from you, children?

Apparently, the government considers sitting on your ass at home waiting for the sheriff to throw you out of hour home a full time job.

What a big fat hairy surprise that is, eh?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
For every new job created, another one or more is lost. They don't even mention the lost ones.

We apparently have jobs in Sask for workers, but no housing. They are complaining they can't find rentals for anyone, so no one can come in and do the needed construction. And to get a mortgage in this province, you have to live here 2 years.
Another reason we have no population.

Oh well, no one wants to come here anyway, 9 months of winter

new topics

top topics

join