It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace in the Middle East? Dissolve Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Moonguy

The area that Rome called Syria Palestina was full of different people, Greeks, Romans, Syrians, Armenians, Jews, Arabs, and so on.

This would mean they were all Palestinians. The Jews never left. The Arabs never left. The Syrians, Samaritans, and a few others have been there the whole time.

They are all Palestinians. Anyone who lived in Syria Palestina or Jund Filistin was "Palestinian". Didn't matter what they worshipped or who they were as a ethnic group.

You're response is what we call a "Chicken exit" (changing the subject or pointing out a fact that doesn't make any sense or point)

SO the Romans called this piece of land (Syria Palestina) who included different people, Greeks, Romans, Syrians, Armenians, Jews, Arabs, and so on,ok SO WHAT?

My argument is to REMOVE a groups of people called Israelis that are torturing, killing humiliating, abusing stealing and disrespecting all "international laws" and all the Palestinians that live on that piece of land called Syria Palestina by the Romans before there was even an Israel.

My argument is really is quite, and you have confirmed it many times in your response to me and everyone.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Peace in the Middle East? It'll never happen. Neither side wants it.

Here's what I would do. I'd line up the rest of the world's militaries along the border of the region. Send them an ultimatum: they either enforce a permanent peace plan, or we enforce it for them by rolling through the entire region killing every single living thing that moves. They have a week to decide which it will be. In the meantime, no one enters or leaves.

That Middle East problem would get solved pretty quick and without a single shot being fired by anyone, I'd guess.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Ok gentlemen and ladies. Let's please keep the discussion as civil as possible without resorting to lowbrow antics. You've all done a wonderful job discussing this issue in a mature and insightful way thus far. Thank you for your cooperation!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

I'm only being somewhat facetious with that comment. Unfortunately, however, I think its largely the truth. I don't think you'll ever have a lasting peace in that region that doesn't involve military enforcement.

Actually, my real solution to the problem is just to go hands off completely. Let 'em figure it out themselves. If they want to kill each other so badly, let them. Maybe they'll finally see how stupid it all is if the consequences are fully realized.

I'm sick of all of it at this point.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonguy

Yes it is Palestine was a country

Then what was its flag? Symbol? Who were its national leaders? Romans called province Judea until second Jewish revolt when they did what they could to remove Jewish national identity, including changing name.
And by the way - Turks did not call area Palestine. Area that British called Palestine included parts of 4 different Turkish provinces.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

That wasn't really directed at you my friend! It was more for the poster advocating the destruction of ALL muslim nations and ranting about the evil satan worshipers.
I agree with both of your ideas, let the world surround them with their armies. The only drawback I foresee to that plan is that even though they would initially agree to live peaceably, I don't think it would last for very long. The hands off completely is actually my favorite idea. If they wish to kill each other off then so be it. There's not been peace in that area since biblical times. It would certainly seem that their intent is to fight for all eternity. The only problem I see with that solution is that the countried who do have nuclear weapons will probably use them and who knows what kind of reaction that would draw from other nations with the same capabilities. I think it would quickly disintegrate into a radioactive region quickly. I could see the muslim nation of pakistan firing their nukes if israel unleashed theirs. If pakistan let's their nukes fly, then perhaps india would unleash theirs upon pakistan. Its all a mess and I don't see any viable solution to it at all.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by azrael36]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by azrael36

i agree
in the interest of fairness and peace the only answer is to repeal the UN act that was not appropriate or usual when it was enacted.

however, the CRUCIAL thing to address is the aftermath.

the aftermath of that first UN act continues to this very day.
that must be avoided/prevented this time, from the get-go.

it's time to cease the influence of emotions on world politics - they are used as a tool of histrionics in order to stack the deck in their favor - whoever uses them uses them for their own ends.

being able to express compassion, empathy, and even pity for someone we had a hand in persecuting, even indirectly, is a diversionary tactic to avoid facing the issue and accepting the fair portion of responsibility, humbly, and then MOVING ON.

until the world at large addresses the issues that WWII left behind for us to contend with, we will not be able to do what is needed in order to PREVENT future persecutions of any human or group by another!

what's done is done.
period.
all we can do is change what will be done in the future.

since all the old fixes don't seem to be doing the trick...
it's time for some new thoughts, solutions, and innovations.

there's nothing that says we can't INNOVATE world politics!
renovate
innovate

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Moonguy

Yes it is Palestine was a country

Then what was its flag?

Flag

History (Palestine Facts)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link