It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Flap May Have Revealed Strong Female Republican Presidential Candidate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Just tossing this out here.

Arizona Governor Jan Brewer looking good as a strong statesperson. Whatever your ideas are about the bill she has moved up to the top of the list of possible future republican presidental canadates or a good VP on a ticket.

Thoughts.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I was thinking this but I don't know. Read this:

tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com...

...just another politician

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

And so it begins.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

Well its not that bad. If she believes her dad died....like say many did of complications from mustard gas exsposure some number of years after WW I.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

*Gasp*

You mean the newly sainted individual is in fact not as pure as people believe she is?

Wow, what a surprise!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

WOW! It never will cease to amaze me how hard folks bite on nothing info if they dont like a person or issue. At least put a little meat on it. This story is nothing but bones for starving critics.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
It's a politician.

The general rule of thumb is that they are not saints.

Typically they are lawyers.

Saints and lawyers are polar opposites.

I just expect failure from them before they even get elected. This way I won't be disappointed...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer (R) told The Arizona Republic in a recent interview that her father "died fighting the Nazi regime in Germany."

Only problem is, that's apparently not quite true.

According to the Arizona Guardian, Brewer's father, Wilford Drinkwine, died of lung disease. In California. In 1955.
tmplivewire

Did he even go to Europe at all?

Well she did seem to try and embellish the point a bit.
It wasn't an outright lie, just stretched to appear a certain way.

He didn't literally die fighting the Nazis he died years later from health complications due to exposure to toxic fumes during his time as a civilian supervisor for a naval munitions depot...in Nevada.

Yeah folks, she may have made some groundbreaking/controversial steps in terms of dealing with illegal immigration in her State but don't just jump on the Wonder-Woman bandwagon without looking into exactly who she is and if she should potentially be President or Vice President.

It's kind of a serious deal.

That said...someone like her on the ticket would still be much better than Sarah "You-betchya" Palin!!

- Lee

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
It's a politician.

The general rule of thumb is that they are not saints.

Typically they are lawyers.

Saints and lawyers are polar opposites.

Amen.

Granted I will defend any of them against an outright lie or smear, but if they are guilty I will be right there to hold them accountable. I get surprised sometimes at how much faith people really put on these politicians. As if they REALLY care as much as they say they do, actually are serious when they claim the other side is the enemy, and aren't just following a script for a big ole game played on all of us.

Sometimes it is akin to worship.

When given the choice between democrats and republicans, which really isn't a choice at all, I chose neither.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Yeah folks, she may have made some groundbreaking/controversial steps in terms of dealing with illegal immigration in her State but don't just jump on the Wonder-Woman bandwagon without looking into exactly who she is and if she should potentially be President or Vice President.

It's kind of a serious deal.

- Lee

Yes this was not a wounder woman hopfull post or anything. And she does stand out against Palin as more of a hard ball type.

And yes certainly after Obama maybe folks have learned thier lession about looking into a candidate rather than being swept up into the .....majic....something or another. But heack thats only been a few months ago. Folks are still very stupid.... keep an eye out.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Logarock]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Yes we are a long way off here from anything developing but she has gained some points and notice. What have we now...someone posted that 17 other states are considering similar action...so arizona will get points there for breaking ground. And I post this in a purly obervational way as to what may be developing. We all know about what politicains can be. But we all know as well that this will develop into platform by election time.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

I haven't followed her very long. The deal with her dad - trivial.

I like the way she takes action. After the death of the AZ rancher, Robert Krentz, she asked for the Feds to do more to secure the border. She got nothing. So she took action on her own - I admire that.

This thread is a good opportunity to see if she can stand up to Vetting

I like her.

Elect Palin & Brewer - otherwise, enjoy the NWO

...puts on fireproof suit...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
reply to post by Logarock

I haven't followed her very long. The deal with her dad - trivial.

I havent really followed her myself outside of whats been coming at us from traditional info sources. But just in that she is shaping up as a serious fighter on some issues that are of some wieght and she couldnt ask for more perfect opponents to spar with in the pubic opinion ring. In reality a large cheer when up when she started swinging. And with this Obama meeting making her look all the more solid.

The new stratagy will porbably be to back off from her and try to ride it out hoping memory is short. But who knows...lots of ground to cover in 2 years.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well if the comments about her father are the worst things we can find on her...I'm for her before Hellary! Hell at least we know she is a born American citizen..dont we? At least she has the courage to take a stand and stand by it! Pretty dam good since she wasnt born with kahona's

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

*Gasp*

You mean the newly sainted individual is in fact not as pure as people believe she is?

Wow, what a surprise!

Troll is obvious troll...

Anyways. I like her more as maybe secretary of state to replace Hillary.
She seems the strong Hillary type but Jan has her priorities straight.

For VP or secretary of defense I would like Sheriff Joe Arpaio!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
She at best could only depend on the far right voters, and that is a big if.....

She would not get any Latino voters or any other minority votes...

The Germany commit is almost aS good as being able to see Russia from my house.

Gotta love the women of the Right wing....

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It's a good way to guarantee a win for Obama.

I say Brewer/Palin for 2012...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Obama got over 60 million votes if he can match that the next time around, there will be no contest. Especially if the economy shows any sign of improvement.

The Republicans need a candidate that can appeal to the masses and not just the right wing minority that speak so loud for the rest of the party.

top topics

join