It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Critisizing a Nation VS Critisizing the leadership thereof.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Hello ATS, this is my first thread.

I feel as if there is a lot of racism on these boards. I also feel that there is a lot of agenda driven instigators on all sides of a given argument.

Instead of saying things like "America supports Israel" or "Israel is a terrorist state" or "Palestine is a bunch of suicide bombers" we should really be sensitive to the people of that nation.

That is a rather blatant method of stereotyping and the sooner we rid ourselves fallacy of thought, the sooner we can unite as a people and cause real change to occur.

The majority of America doesn't support its own government.

The majority of Israel doesn't support the actions of its own government.

The majority of Palestine chose the lesser of two evils for its government and if they weren't being persecuted by Israeli LEADERSHIP (see what I did there?) a more stable party would be formed.

I used those three countries as examples but it applies to any country.

If we can raise ourselves beyond our personal biases and prejudices, then we can move ahead as GLOBAL HUMANITY.

In short, people will respect your views a lot more if they are unbiased and objective.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Great idea for your first thread S & F, I hope it gets the attention it deserves. Things can get a bit heated on the boards from time to time, it's good to try and keep a straight and level head.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Kurokage]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Your making a lot of sense right now. That's a dangerous thing. Threads that aren't inflammatory usually don't get the star and flag party. But ATS is just like real life you ain't gonna like everyone. In fact a lot of people are........But this place can ATTACK an issue like none other.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ISHAMAGI]

new topics

join