It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

lets focus on Computers - whats going on and where do you see them going?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
let me give you a run down on what I know,
* 2.0 gigs of Ram, computers do not slow down when they are infected, so that allows more information gathering before you realize your infected.
* windows Vista and Win7, are protected by NSA according to Microsoft (the people who invented PC software saw fit to allow the GOVT to secure it...????
* soical networking sites - reminds me of a dragnet like the nazi's did to France to weed out the French Resistance... in software, and allow the people to tell on each other.
etc. etc... it just keeps on going on - and the users appear to be oblivious to where all of this stuff is heading - I have my opinions but I really would like to hear yours.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Where do I see them going? Smaller, usually a little bit faster and everywhere.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

I believe in future we will have only a sthin plastic sheet which will our computers something similar to what was shown on Red Planet when the astronauts view the Mars landscape.

I also believe human bodies will be installed with chips thru which they can carry data and files itself. There was a article few days ago that this has already been achieved.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I think that your (windows) computer is probably fully open to microsoft, possibly among others, to get any data off your computer they please, using services such as Background Intelligent Tranfer Service (BITS) under the guise of microsoft updates (and similar).
Other modern microsoft windows features such as Indexing, File Compression and File Encryption would help get lots of data off your computer without you noticing and while using as little bandwidth as possible.

The next generation in office productivity is cloud computing, where you log on to a webpage and use web-based apps to write your documents, store your calendar entries (like an organiser) and even store important documents help people to invade their own privacy. Just about everything is going web-based in some way these days.

Mobile phones are probably the worst for (potential) privacy invasion. Phones can have a microphone, a video camera, a light sensor, thermometer, accelerometers, GPS, digital compass... They probably know more about your surroundings than you.
Most modern ohones can also have firmware updates installed remotely, through the network carrier. It is rumored that microphones can also be able to be turned on remotely, even when the phone is turned off.

Also, some people use computers so much that the way we interact with them, and them with us, can probably affect our behaviour and thoughts in certain ways. Have you ever stuffed up (such as dropped something) and thought "UNDO!"? Or wanted to get a closer look at something, such as a car drive past, and thought "rewind"? Computers can affect thought patterns in subconcious ways and I wouldn't be surprised if research is actually put into this.

[edit on 4/6/10 by GobbledokTChipeater]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is what I believe is likely to happen.

1 - CPU processing will be farmed in data centres and piped to source as required.

2 - Omni present two way wireless technology will further enable networking to a point where everything can connect to everything else.

3 - Solid State storage devices will resist transition to offsite storage due to people’s concerns over data security and theft.

4 - The death of the desktop. - The old trusty mini tower is doomed. This is not due to the miniaturisation of the electronics, more to do with the interconnectivity of display technology with offsite CPU processing power.

5 - All devices now will directly interconnect and as such share information, the OS of the device need not be stored on the device, only a small fraction of it will be as it will read the rest of what it needs from other devices.

6 - Computing power exceeds total processing power of the human brain - First artificial brains mapped and functioning within virtual space.

7 - Implants will take advantage of the new Omni present connectivity to be able to communicate directly with computational devices.

8 - The Transhuman - Implants that will give the ability to access all computational power available, all the storage capacity available and access all the information from the internet directly to your brain.

9 - Personalities uploaded to a storage medium, later to be used as a template to replicate either in a virtual environment or to resurrect the original by re-growing organics to mimic the original.

10 - Quantum computing age. - This is where we become one with the universe as the computational power available will be so humugious that when directly linked to a transhuman will transform our species into something akin to gods.

I hope this is not too out there for you, I might add that I have 16 years IT business experience under my belt and am not some nutjob with a vision.

All the best,

Korg.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

That is the future of computers

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
en.wikipedia.org...

That is the future of computers

Agreed
Optical computing is the basis for quantum cumputation, this just in as of June 3rd.

Scientists make quantum computing breakthrough LED is key to making entangled light

Scientists at the University of Cambridge and Toshiba Research Europe have made a monumental breakthrough in quantum computing with new LEDs. The duo announced the invention of the Entangled Light Emitting Diode and plan to release a paper on it in the science journal Nature later today.

The head of the project at Toshiba Research Europe, Dr. Andrew Shields, said: “Although entangled light has been produced previously by shining an intense laser beam on crystals, the new simple device is the first voltage-powered source. The discovery is significant because it will allow electrical addressing of many entangled light emitters on a single chip, opening the path to ultra-powerful semiconductor processors based on quantum computation.”

Korg.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'd copy in the Youtube link, but I'm on my phone, and it's a tricky ole thing, but follow th link from this site:

Exponential Times

It's a fascinating video, showing (possibly) where we may be in 10-50 years.

Hope you enjoy!
The future is our playground, especially if what's in the video is to be believed!

top topics

join