It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oil spill footage intentionally withheld from public. My thread from 2 weeks ago confirmed by MSM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This is what I have been saying all along. They covered up the true leak. I pointed that out HERE first almost 2 weeks ago now. Before the top kill pictures started coming out.

And no, my thread wasn't specifically mentioned by the MSM, but here is the proof that I was right.

Federal officials and the oil giant BP effectively conspired to keep the worst images of the oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico from the public, according to a report Thursday.

The US Coast Guard, which is coordinating response efforts to the spill on behalf of the government, had hours of video showing the extent of the spill within nine days after the spill began. But by that point, they'd released only a single fuzzy still image.

"But inside the unified command center, where BP and federal agencies were orchestrating the spill response, video monitors had already displayed hours of footage they did not make public," ABC News' veteran investigative reporter Brian Ross reports. "The images showed a far more dire situation unfolding underwater. The footage filmed by submarines showed three separate leaks, including one that was unleashing a torrent of oil into the Gulf."

BP told the network they'd turned the video over to the Feds, and the decision to release the video was on the Feds alone.

"The video has been available to the unified command from the very beginning," BP spokesman Mark Proegle was quoted as saying. "It's always been here from the beginning. They had it."

Full story

And now the MSM finally figures it out....

[edit on 4-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
BP insists the media had the footage and wasn't allowed to release it by the Feds.

"The video has been available to the unified command from the very beginning," said Mark Proegler, a BP spokesman. "It's always been here from the beginning. They had it."

Coast Guard officials told ABC News that BP refused to allow them to release the more startling images, arguing they were proprietary. But at the time, the agency was doing little to convey to the world what the images were showing. Coast Guard Admiral Mary Landry was sticking with estimates, calculated by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which put the spill's size at about 5,000 barrels a day for several weeks. Coast Guard officials said they were focused on the response, and advised the public not to worry about just how much oil was pouring into the water.

Like I said before...They NEVER showed us the main leak. They had only shown the smaller pipe leaking like I had said. This proves it.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Star and flag for you!
I am wondering who will be responsible for
cleaning and paying for the oil spill.I have
a bad feeling about this.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by webpirate

I am wondering who will be responsible for
cleaning and paying for the oil spill.I have
a bad feeling about this.

BP is still saying they will fully pay for the cleanup. The government has already supposedly sent them a bill for just under 100 million too for what they have done so far.
however, BP has since backed off taking responsibility for the spill like they did at the start. Probably going to try to push it off on one of the other government flackeys who helped them build the well and rig like Haliburton.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
This is just one of the most heart-wrenching events to witness affecting our mother Earth and its helpless and vulnerable inhabitants. It’s not enough that we attack, battle, injure, accuse, lie, steal, deprive, rob, rape, assault, fight, break down, and kill each other, but we do it constantly to mother Earth. I am just so saddened, as are millions of others by our constant barrage against our beautiful world and all of nature. We should constantly pray for healing to our planet and its beings. We should constantly hope for enlightenment and cleansing as a people. We should pray for forgiveness of mother Earth and each other. This must begin soon or humanity (whatever that means anymore) will perish.

peace

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Gutterpus

and yet the withholding of information is something "conspiracy theorists" claim quite often of the FBI and other alphabet angencies and they get the sigh and eye-rolling response that this is utter nonsense.

So they admit the FED's didnt release it and the whole republic/democracy= transparency thing that is supposed to be so important to functioning democracies (or for those who argue its not democracy, any system where you choose representatives, even if they dont really represent lol) is swept to the side. How are we to trust in a day and age where the news can be delivered almost instantly yet information is withheld.

How can government or aganecy request that we remain ignorant but trust that they will do whats best. And when the track record of not doing what the people is best grows, why are they surprised that people stop trusting them?

I'd like to get off the merry-go-round now.

Cheers

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I recently had lunch with a retired geophysicist who specialized in the analysis of ocean currents. She worked in the field for 40 years. I asked her about the 'real deal' behind what will happen with the oil slick. She said that the media was focusing on the actual leak and is avoiding talking about the inevitable effects of what will happen.

She explained to me that because the oil is entering the outer edge of the gulf stream, it will be carried around the entire coastline of Florida and will then follow the stream to the eastern coast of the US. She said that it is certain that we will see oil washing up on the shores of the eastern US within a month or sooner. She said that once oil in the Gulf current (warm water) intersects with the Labrador current (cold water), it will cause all of the oil on the outer portion of the Gulf current to whirlpool together toward the coast. She said there is no chance that the oil will be carried out to the open ocean because of the activity of the North Equatorial current.

She said there is nothing that can be done to stop the oil that is in the ocean current. She mentioned that there are biological organisms that do not require oxygen which can be sprayed on the oil, but these organisms are not natural to the environment of the east coast, and there will be unintended consequences with further upset to the ecosystem.

Again, she said that based on the speed and flow of the currents carrying the oil slick, we will see oil washing on the shores of the east coast of the US within a month if not sooner.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by thebulldog

You said it – merry go round – indeed it is. Unfortunately, we can’t get off. Fortunately, we can rely on websites such as ATS and others to bring these types of events to the surface even when MSM doesn’t. Obviously, we can’t count on MSM and we all know that. Clearly, we can only count on individuals and not the bureaucracy we voted (or didn’t vote) into office. Governments have always and will continue to withhold information, as will corporate heads and bankers, and the list goes on, and there’s nothing we can really do about that. They can do all the eye rolling they want. What’s important is that we as human individuals constantly keep the pressure on. Constantly ask questions and demand answers. Maybe one day, just maybe, someone will really listen and provide answers. For the first time in our history, we have avenues – such as the internet – to speak our minds and demands, keep them honest as best we can. But it still goes without saying, we, as human individuals, must constantly pray for mother Earth to heal as I said before. We must also forgive and move on. Holding grudges and demanding an eye for an eye isn’t the way. I know I’m really going to get bashed for saying this, but it’s true. If we learn to love ourselves first and each other, and mother Earth and then love and assist the vulnerable and helpless other inhabitants of this planet, we can heal.

peace

new topics

top topics

join