It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Commando: 'We Had No Choice': (I beleive this guy more than anyone else)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yesterday, I saw a Dutch girl on national tv.

She was aboard one of the ships and she testified that the Israeli's attacked with boats and helicopters,firing their guns, and that his happened way before the incident of wich Israel,released the footage.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by JohnnyElohim

Please show where I have vilified all of Israel. I work hard to keep my criticism focused. If you cannot do so, please admit to the forum at large that you are mistaken as I do not appreciate dishonest attacks on my character.

Thanks.

Well, you could review your post history, and let the spin begin, but to avoid a pissing contest that would have not much bearing on the topic at hand, I'll amend my statement to say you just villify those who defend Israel's very existence, those standing between Israelis and oblivion.

Feel better now?

"Not much bearing" is right. You've cast the situation as a slippery slope where one cannot criticize the behavior of Israeli commandos without committing to a more extreme view. You are entirely mistaken. In regards to my posting history, I think it would be highly inappropriate to derail the thread in such a way, but if you'd like to have it out with me in a more appropriate venue and you really feel I've said reprehensible things I can't defend, then please be my guest.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by JohnnyElohim]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

Oh I wouldn't go trusting the Dutch, many Terrorists among them!

Come on People, if a Black Hawk helicopter hovered over my place, and Commandos dropped down in my backyard, would I see it as anything else than just your friendly IDF dropping in for a general visit and some Coffee?

I think not!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob

The point is that this cruise ship was on a mission. The mission was to garner negative feelings toward Israel and draw attention to the blockade.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by BingeBob]

Boo hoo, the Israeli IDF got it's feelings hurt. The humanitarian ship was there to hurt their precious little feelings. For that the IDF blew peoples heads open. Oh I feel so sorry for the poor IDF. Boo hoo.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Village Idiot

Oh I wouldn't go trusting the Dutch, many Terrorists among them!

Ehm, I am Dutch. Who do you think you are, spewing this load of BS?

What does this have to do with the eye witness testimony I saw?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by Point of No Return]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BingeBob
reply to post by JohnnyElohim

You ARE talking about the Mavi Marmara right?

Even after all the information i provided showing that this ship wasnt on a humanitarian mission?

To play devils advocate, I could probably make a case for Israel in that I consider body armor to be military items...So they werent shipping rockets this time they were shipping body armor

Oh, you had me going there. I thought you were saying the Palestinians were a real threat to Israel. A what a joke you made about body armor. Of course we all know that body armor can protect people from attacks from Israel even if the Palestinians are not attacking. Like maybe women and children who don't want to be collateral damage. WOW, you had me going there. Great joke.

I see your real point:
• Does Palestine have apache gunships, heat seeking missles and other high tech military devices? NO.
• Does Palestine have the Israeli's surrounded and in camps with a blockade in place, starving people to death? NO.
• Does Palestine have a well-equiped soldier army? NO.
• Does Palestine have nuclear weapons? NO.

Again, great joke!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I can't believe 69 people flagged this, and gave the OP that many stars.

Either MEGAPHONE is REALLY coming in handy, or we're doomed.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Hey Anon,

Great thread!! It is unbelievable that people think this was a ship
on a humanitarian effort! Wonder if they found Cynthia McKinney on board?

I happened to believe the evidence you have presented contain the facts! We may never know for sometime or at all exactly what went down, but rest assured the media is hell bent on colluding facts to create more strife in the region.

A few very bold Israeli's have made their own statement. Check this out!!

"Have You Heard the Peace Flotilla Anthem"?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace,
Pax

[edit on 5-6-2010 by paxnatus]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

You know, I hate to insult you, but, that was literally one of the DUMBEST replies I have ever received from a person who claims to have a brain.

Hmmm...a steel pipe verses a machine gun. GOOD ONE. Way to think that through critically. Untrained activists verses well trained commandos. And to think, you were the smartest one to fertilize the egg that got you mother pregnant. The other one's must have simply been asleep or drugged with Thorazine.

As a matter of fact, by simply responding to something so asinine, I have effectively reduced my own IQ.

And just so you know smart guy...I have been hit in the head with a steel pipe before, been beaten with baseball bats, as well as shot through the leg and stabbed in the forehead. True story. Whether you choose to believe it or not is your own malfunction. I was a former cage fighter and trained the military (the marines specifically) in hand to hand combat. Plus I was a bar bouncer at one of the seediest night clubs here in Indiana which put me in quite a few nasty circumstances.

Guess which of all of those I preferred over the other??? The bullet was far more dangerous and painful than the pipe. Hence, the reason why 9 Turks died because of gunshot wounds and not a single Commando lost his life by being hit with a pipe.

Does that make sense genius??? I'm sure you'll try some back woods, swamp-like Louisiana logic with me, but, you're only fooling yourself.

Nighty Night. Sleep young one. Sleep.

Much love to all...including the tool that just replied to me.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EvolvedMinistry

Well said, and I'm sorry to hear that you had so many things happen to you. You can understand the violent situational circumstances more than most.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us."
- Thomas Jefferson

Whether you choose to believe it or not is your own malfunction.

True enough, and I choose not to believe. Your words are not the words of a man with experience of violence - unless only at the receiving end, without a clue as to counters.

No man with that experience would fear a paintball-armed assailant when in posession of a steel pipe of his own.

No man of that experience would confuse a paintball gun with a machine gun - unless he slept through his USMC training. What sort of DI would allow that?

No, your words are hollow, and the 2 or 3 people posting here who know better, KNOW better.

Nighty Night. Sleep young one. Sleep.

Indeed. Care to compare birth certificates?

Much love to all...including the tool that just replied to me.

Keep your love. It's entirely wasted on me, and wont do good for anyone in dire straits.

Edit to add: I HAVE had some experience of violence, and carry the scars to prove the wounds you merely claim. It sure ain't anything to brag about, and I'm curious why you would feel a need to do so. No, I'm not going to detail my 'exploits' for you, and know beyond doubt that no confident man would feel any need to at all.

[edit on 2010/6/5 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Point of No Return

My apologies Point of no return, it was a lame attempt at Sarcasm to the general Topic, not directed at you or your comments personally.
I have no problems with the Dutch for I'm of Dutch Nationality too.

Regards

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepixelpusher

Well said, and I'm sorry to hear that you had so many things happen to you. You can understand the violent situational circumstances more than most.

Thank you my friend. It just kills me that people think with such a lopsided version of logic sometimes.

Peace be with you.

Much love to all...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
IN A LATE BREAKING STORY! Hamas is now upgrading its troops through international seas with what can only be described as "weapons of indescribable power". The descriptions of these weapons that will soon be finding their way into this terrorist groups hands include kitchen knives , wood axes w/ broken handles , and the ultimate death tool... Pieces of boat railing taken off 60 year old fishing boats. If we do not stop this flood of weapons.... the whole Middle East will soon be in danger. key IDF officials report.

Can any of you imagine this story? Yet that is exactly the kind of brainwashed vitriol you are spewing. It is almost funny how deluded this is.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by anon72

Thats called defending the vessel. Any mariner has a duty to protect the ship against an invading force.

You will see sailors preparing the defense when they know Somali pirates are about to board as well.

Any pics of this alleged thousands of dollars in cash that was found in their pocket? Proof they were actually mercs? One would have to be a really crappy merc not to have a rifle with you if that was your job description.
there are times when you have to use your common sense and anon72 is using his. If you were a merc on a mission, would you just walk around with thousands of dollars in your pocket to get lost? No, that would be in your bank account. It's like Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense, it's a lie." Adios Amebas!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamBoon
IN A LATE BREAKING STORY! Hamas is now upgrading its troops through international seas with what can only be described as "weapons of indescribable power". The descriptions of these weapons that will soon be finding their way into this terrorist groups hands include kitchen knives , wood axes w/ broken handles , and the ultimate death tool... Pieces of boat railing taken off 60 year old fishing boats. If we do not stop this flood of weapons.... the whole Middle East will soon be in danger. key IDF officials report.

Can any of you imagine this story? Yet that is exactly the kind of brainwashed vitriol you are spewing. It is almost funny how deluded this is.

It's amusing, in a tragic sort of way, that one would carry the argument to this ridiculous conclusion. Who said these weapons were bound for Hamas? I thought it was pretty clear, and didn't think there would be a need to point out the obvious to any but the densest among us, that these were for the expected fight with IDF boarding parties. How hard can it be to figure out this event was staged and publicized with intent to break the blockade? Hell, the blockade runners themselves admitted that!

anyone capable of thought would realize they were arming up for a confrontation, beforehand. Maybe that's where I made my mistake... "anyone capable of thought"...

No, no one has insinuated that these improvised weapons were bound for Hamas. The gas masks, ballistic vests, night vision equipment and scopes could have been turned over to Hamas for practical use later, after the blockade runners were done with them, but ships railing pipe? No, that was a special, just for IDF, with love, it appears.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrispyB

Originally posted by brainwrek
reply to post by anon72

Thats called defending the vessel. Any mariner has a duty to protect the ship against an invading force.

You will see sailors preparing the defense when they know Somali pirates are about to board as well.

Any pics of this alleged thousands of dollars in cash that was found in their pocket? Proof they were actually mercs? One would have to be a really crappy merc not to have a rifle with you if that was your job description.
there are times when you have to use your common sense and anon72 is using his. If you were a merc on a mission, would you just walk around with thousands of dollars in your pocket to get lost? No, that would be in your bank account. It's like Judge Judy says, "If it doesn't make sense, it's a lie." Adios Amebas!

These guys may have been classified as "mercenaries" in a broad, vague, twisted sense (like the Russians used to refer to US Special Forces as "mercenaries", ref "Great Soviet Encyclopedia", 1982 ed., article "Special Forces"), but not in any strict sense of the word. The term 'mercenary" is bandied about by opposition spin doctors in a pejorative sense, to try to tar combatants as only being in it for the money, with no sense of loyalty. That's not strictly so, but it's how it has morphed in the public imagination over the last few years, since the proxy wars of the 60's, and the leftist attempts to paint anyone in opposition to them as "mercenaries".

Clearly, whether these gents had money or not, they had a sense of loyalty - to Hamas, and were trying to break the blockade, so that Hamas could get armed up better afterwards.

They don't seem to have been very highly trained, except in mob tactics. The brains of the operation was just using them as willing tools, for a propaganda coup.

Most actual "mecenaries" are fairly highly trained. That's how they get jobs. Who's gonna hire a merc to LOSE, unless it's just for a propaganda campaign? Most self-respecting guns for hire would turn down a gig like that out of hand, because of pride at best, and self-preservation at the worst, but turn down all the same. Ain't no profit in dying on purpose.

No, they weren't actual mercenaries, except in the loosest, publicly-perceived, mud-slinging usage of the term. In that, the IDF appears to have torn a page from the Communist propaganda handbook, or the IDF soldier has just bought into the public perception of the term.

Now, the presence of wads of cash in pocket could be misconstrued as such by the unthinking, or it could have been there on purpose to give that impression, but I lean towards a different interpretation. My best guess is that, if it was there at all, it was there as part of a funds transfer, since most transactions done electronically by organizations labelled as "terrorist" have been blocked for the past several years. Transferring cash by courier is one way to avoid an electronic trail, and circumvent the blocks in place.

[edit on 2010/6/5 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
בחיית רבק! די עם השטויות שלך.

מגיע לישראל כל מה שהיא מקבלת. מה, פונים על אנשים ולא מצפים למרוד? די עם השטויות שלך אנון.

Yeah, so some teenage draftees fast roped onto a foreign flagged vessel in International waters, and we're supposed to feel good that so few died?

די!

היחסים ציבורים של ישראל נורה- לפחות תפתרו אתם. זוכרים את הידים מלאות עם דם של פלסטיניים? ככה יש לכם עכשיו.

Personally, I feel glad that so few died when Israel could have nuked their home countries, bypassed lawful enfranchisement through lobbying efforts, and/or blackmailed their leaders with video of tramps on stained sheets.

I'm also glad when the Somali pirates are shot in the head and killed for absconding with the vessels of foreign nations. I hope the leaders of Am-Ahud are presently ready to give the lives of their best for a maniacal public relations nightmare.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
If Israel was right they would not need all this spin, it does them a disservice.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I think the most reasonable answer is that some people that want the Israeli blockade to end might not have the most honorable intentions. At the same time, Israel must have a way to defend itself; however, at times they go over the top.

There is no real easy answer to this situation.

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join