It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can Americans be murdered by the Israeli government with impunity?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I have remained silent on this issue for several days now, yet I can't any more.

For several days, Israel has been able to contain some of the fallout from the flotilla massacre by withholding information about the dead and injured. The object of this exercise has clearly been to slow the flow of information in the hope that by the time the most damning facts become known, the international media’s attention will have turned elsewhere.

But the dead now have names and faces and one turns out to be a nineteen-year-old American: Furkan Dogan.

Dogan is alleged to have been shot with five bullets, four in the head.

Does the Obama administration intend to investigate the circumstances in which one of its citizens was killed? Protecting the lives of Americans is after all the most fundamental responsibility of our government.

Full Story

As international condemnation over the killing of at least 10 activists by Israeli forces as they raided an aid convoy en route to Gaza, a host of governments have summoned Israeli ambassadors to provide a full explanation on the assault.

The countries include:

Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Bulgaria
Cyprus
Denmark
Egypt
Finland
France
Greece
Ireland
Jordan
New Zealand
Norway
South Africa
Spain
Sweden

List of countries

A US citizen was killed. Another lost her eye. At least one of the ships attacked had a US registry. All against an UNARMED humanitarian aid flotilla bringing food and medical supplies to an area that has been blocked off by Israel.
Yet the US has failed to even condemn the act much less attempt to do anything about it. They have in fact done the opposite.

If this had been almost any other country in the world who did this, we would already have had B-2 stealth bombers annihilate areas of that country. We went to war with Iraq with far less proof than we already have against Israel for just this 1 incident.

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not calling for war. Nor do I want to see one. But why do we continue to back Israel?

Are our elected officials serving the United States? Or are they serving Israel? You can't serve both. Our American leaders are tripping over the dead corpses of other Americans murdered by the government they are rushing to defend.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Dogan is alleged to have been shot with five bullets, four in the head.

That's an execution, not someone firing in self-defense.

I'm sorry but I've had it with Israels heavy-handed tactics.
THey can't keep hiding behind "self-defense" when they do these sort of things.
Especially when they had no business dropping down from helicopters onto those flotillas.

Something needs to be done about this tragedy.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Yes any American be murdered with impunity, you are talking about Israel. Also it does not help that the American was Turkish descent so his American nationality means nothing.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   

The reason is because we have lost our backbone, our government is now a corporate dictatorship hidden behind the "term" of democracy, our states republics are now whores to a central government and we the citizens are too lazy and comfortable at home to do anything about questioning what goes on in our nation, to us and our government.

This the America we have allowed to be manufactured by our corporate dictatorship.

And is going to get worst, because this corporate dictatorship also mades laws.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crimson_King

Yes any American be murdered with impunity, you are talking about Israel. Also it does not help that the American was Turkish descent so his American nationality means nothing.

The way it sounds they came aboard with guns blazing. I'm sure they never had time to ID anyone, much less know their country of origin.
Remember, there was also at least one Nobel Prize winner in this relief effort too.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by webpirate]

new topics

top topics

join