It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

life on the moon???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
THREAD MOVED TO HERE:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Dr Slim]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

Life has survivedand thrived there so I thinkyou are onto something good doctor.

When the Apollo missions went there a tech did a bodge job sterilising and microbes went up trapped in a gap in a camera lens. Upon return it had greatly multiplied.

I think you should get some funding and go for it.

Good luck.

Pabs

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

imagine building life forms to live on mars and to reproduce without our help, if we could start this in say, 100 years time, imagine how we could watch it as it all develops, without damaging our own planet.

Kinda sounds like something that may have happened on Earth at one time or another in the past.

But, considering how humankind has treated its own throughout history, I think we should pass on the opportunity to create even the simpliest life forms, here or there.

We really aren't cut out for it - yet.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by pablos
reply to post by Dr Slim

Life has survivedand thrived there so I thinkyou are onto something good doctor.

When the Apollo missions went there a tech did a bodge job sterilising and microbes went up trapped in a gap in a camera lens. Upon return it had greatly multiplied.

I think you should get some funding and go for it.

Good luck.

Pabs

good find about the microbes, as for the funding, i'm in no position to do so, but i think it would be fun to watch over, the technology is no where near where it needs to be though.

ps. i just updated my first post.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by icyhot

i disagree, it's not like we would be allowed to use these artificial life forms as slaves, or wage war against them, i think that if we did it on a different planet, that we should not intervene with it's course. although if we were in the position to make intelligent life forms, we should teach them the fundementals of peace. i don't think we could create intelligent life forms though, not for a very very long time, in the next 100-200 years, maybe we can make plants and simple animals, although they may evolve into something more intelligent than we made them.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It is likely that one day most potentially hazardous industrial activities will be moved off-world. Setting aside the ethical concerns of genetic engineering, yes, the Moon does have many advantages over Earth for facilities of this type.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
i want a wide spectrum of views on this, so i will be posting another reply later on in the day when the traffic here is larger (due to the US time zones)

and in reply to DJ,

It is likely that one day most potentially hazardous industrial activities will be moved off-world. Setting aside the ethical concerns of genetic engineering, yes, the Moon does have many advantages over Earth for facilities of this type.

i think it is rather immature of us to move hazardous industrial activities off earth to somewhere else, the better option would be to just stop them. (if you are talking about things that damage the atmosphere, i think that things that damage just the human and animal population should be moved to somewhere else though, but not to destroy something else.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

for the time being it's not possible, but it wouldn't even have to be humans up there, since it could be done by machinery, it's obviously not possible as of now but maybe in the future.

Why do you say it's not possible? Been a few decades, but we landed men on the moon, so no reason we couldn't build a space station on it's surface. There's even speculation (nearing confirmation) that water in the form of ice can be found there. Certainly, it wouldn't be too difficult (easier than a manned mission) to ferry supply drops there. I'm actually kind of miffed we didn't strike while the iron was hot way back then. Can you imagine the kind of space superiority we'd have now, if we did it then?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i take back what i said, it IS possible to do it now, but apparently we can't do it, you are right about hitting the iron when it was hot, lord knows where we would be now, instead of spending our money trying to further ourselves, we spent billions making weapons of war to claim dirt off each other.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
it's sad to see this a thread like this fizzle out, i think the title may be misleading and causing people not to click. i've been looking over this forum for a while, but this is my first post, i just thought i might tell everybody.

i have a point that may be valid, maybe the ecosystem of the universe is that, a species evolves to a certain age, then passes it's "seed" on to another planet, maybe it is time for us to plant our "seed" now that we are a "flower", it's pretty far fetched but i think it makes sence, don't you think?

maybe then the flower dies off.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by da elohim

the "seed" theory is one i have though of myself in the past, i would like to change the title of this, but i think you need a mod to do it, and i'm not sure how i would arrange it? anybody know?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Slim

i would make a thread about your "seed theory", but since you thought of it before me and i only just joined, i think you hold the patent, not me.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i don't think your thread is going to take off sorry, i think you should get this one locked and start a new one, or change the name of this one, otherwize nobody is going to look

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I WOULD LIKE A MOD TO LOCK THIS PLEASE.

THREAD MOVED TO HERE:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join