It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researching Masonic Family Tree

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wordofreason
Call me stupid but if the oaths you make as you go from rite to rite have no power and affect why you do make the oaths in the first place? And secondly if you are convinced the oaths you take are powerless why the secrecy? Because if you divulge information it's not like it's really going to happen is it? Just intrigued?

It's symbolic. The oaths (IMO) are the equivalent of the candidate asking that said penalties be inflicted on him should he betray his word and reveal things he should not. It may have no meaning in the physical sense, but symbolically there is a very deep meaning for the individual. Also, some jurisdictions have done away with the penalties described in the oaths.

May the light and power and authority of the Kingdom of God break into the darkness of your lives.

Bless you all.

Well thanks, but what "darkness in our lives"? Was that directed at Masons? I'm not a Mason yet but still, where in the world did that come from? I don't know if you knew it or not but one of the main requirements to be a Mason is a belief in a Supreme Being (God), so what's the point in saying that?

[edit on 2/2/05 by The Axeman]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join