It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That We Live In A Police State. Pics from event in my hometown.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Excellent reporting and thanks for the pictures! If I had been you there wouldn't have been a camera in my hand, maybe my AK perhaps

I would've been freaking out myself. Tac vest on, B.O.B strapped on back and armed to the teeth.
I agree this is a police state. When the military is joining law enforcement like this we have a very serious problem in AMerica. If choppers are fine with everyone how about an M1 Abrams at every traffic stop? Would that bugger you out?
Creepy as hell my friend. You had an interesting day!

You would be amazed a what a well trained individual can do with a can of Raid, a lighter, a gas grill in the kitchen, and a bow. Wouldn't be pretty.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Quick! Check to make sure you still have the microfiche! It may have all been a big, expensive distraction to lure you out of your house!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
It's weird that they would have such an assault after staking out the house. Surely they knew he wasn't there?
Maybe they really just wanted her cell phone and computer.

Anyway, I feel the need to link this thread as a caution for the next time your grab your camera:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems snapping pics on a public street is dangerous too.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
reply to post by OurskiesRpoisoned

I starred and flagged your thread and like the above posted you did a good job on it.

Thanks

I really want to know what happened to this guys mom? Wonder if they shipped her off to gitmo....

She wasn't there. She apparently works out of town during the summer. As far as I know, there wasn't anybody there.

And why would they be surprised buy no one being there after watching the home for hours? I guess the army didn't think to bring in thermal imaging.

Exactly

*edit to add* I agree with the police state theme. With our war on drugs its difficult to tell the difference between cops and military....Our civilian police for has become very militarized in the last decade.

Well said. I thought it may be them coming to arrest me because I gave the Census worker a piece of my mind the other day.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
It's weird that they would have such an assault after staking out the house. Surely they knew he wasn't there?
Maybe they really just wanted her cell phone and computer.

Anyway, I feel the need to link this thread as a caution for the next time your grab your camera:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems snapping pics on a public street is dangerous too.

I'm well aware of the danger. My daughter are out of town, and my wife and I are well aware that we are being watched. Things have been, well, odd around here lately. The chemtrail activity has just been insane. Took this shot the morning after the assault.

During the assault, I took a picture of this plane flying overhead.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You seem to know a bunch about this. The newpapers says it was Army.

Rodger that, although I wouldn't say I know a bunch; just more than most here probably do, as I'm currently assigned to an active duty aviation brigade (not in the job field myself, just work with them).
Yes, the papers could be quite accurate and still be national guard, as the full name is "army national guard". Either way, I wouldn't be too concerned about soldiers coming for law abiding citizens. If you've ever seen the movie "Brave Heart"; the scene where the English sent in the Irish conscripts.....If and when "that day" ever comes I think it'll unfold similar to that scene.

*eta* As for insignia, this also leads me to think national guard, as from what i've seen active duty birds have big bold letters on 'em saying UNITED STATES ARMY and NG birds just have a tail number".

[edit on 4-6-2010 by blood0fheroes]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blood0fheroes

You seem to know a bunch about this. The newpapers says it was Army.

Rodger that, although I wouldn't say I know a bunch; just more than most here probably do, as I'm currently assigned to an active duty aviation brigade (not in the job field myself, just work with them).
Yes, the papers could be quite accurate and still be national guard, as the full name is "army national guard". Either way, I wouldn't be too concerned about soldiers coming for law abiding citizens. If you've ever seen the movie "Brave Heart"; the scene where the English sent in the Irish conscripts.....If and when "that day" ever comes I think it'll unfold similar to that scene.

Nice piece of incompetance. Burned up several thousand taxpayer dollars, and the guys still loose.

Many people around here say they know the guy. He's basically a good guy who got in with the wrong crowd...

Smart enough to out craft 20 cops, a sophisticated reconaissance helicopter, and SWAT.

What a joke.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rtcctr
Isn't it against the constitution for the military to do police work..

makes you go hmmm.

Yes it is. It is called the Posse Comitatus Act and forbids the use of troops on home soil. It was meant to prevent some crazy general or President from taking over.

Bush the Scum tried to undo it, and to a degree he did....another Bush legacy: Destruction of the Constitution, a document he once called " a Goddamned piece of paper'.

There is NO excuse for this....using the military is bad for all of us. If the cops cannot catch this guy and kEEP him, maybe they should turn him over to someone who can.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I took this picture of the helicopter over my back yard.

Shows they had their camera on me.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by OurskiesRpoisoned]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Well for starters the news paper said it was a US Army Helicopter. That can be true while the helicopter itself is being used and flown by the National Guard. The National Guard is part of the Army. The police may not have had a chopper close enough to the town you live in if you consider the fuel that would be expended flying to your town and back. Sounds like they were just lending out some equipment. Also, there isn't really such a thing as a backwards flag. There is only right side up and upside down. The flag flies with the wind.

It does sound a little parenoid on your part to think you're being watched. I doubt the government in all its arrogance and perceived invulnerablility has any interest in you.

I do agree with you on the idea of a police state. IMO we are all being desensitized to the idea by feats like this. Something in this story does not add up: how did they not know the house was empty? You said you saw them taking a young man away? I wonder who that was?

Great thread. Love the pics. Thanks! S&F!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't see any "regular" army in those photos. Most SWAT being former military themselves do often wear fatigues. If there was an army presence there you would no it...

[edit on 4-6-2010 by van001]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I was a Scout in the Army. The flag is worn stars to the front on the right shoulder by everyone in the Army. Can't speak for the other branches. Its stars first to show the flag is allways heading into battle. If it was opposite it would look like you were retreating. Thats what i was always taught anyway. The kiowa does not seem that fishy too me. As others have said war on drugs or something similiar. We were chasing a car in southern Iraq with kiowas help. They got ahead of the car turned around to hover in front of it and stop it. The kiowa circling over your neighborhood sounds pretty much SOP to me, in a military sense.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by rakkasansct]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Oh man, that's some scary stuff. I'd be nervous too if I saw that stuff. Good thing you stayed hidden while taking these pics and thank you for sharing this with us.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbloch7986

It does sound a little parenoid on your part to think you're being watched. I doubt the government in all its arrogance and perceived invulnerablility has any interest in you.

I do agree with you on the idea of a police state. IMO we are all being desensitized to the idea by feats like this. Something in this story does not add up: how did they not know the house was empty? You said you saw them taking a young man away? I wonder who that was?

Great thread. Love the pics. Thanks! S&F!

I'd rather be paranoid, and prepared, than unaware of the condition of the world, and caught off guard.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by rakkasansct
I was a Scout in the Army. The flag is worn stars to the front on the right shoulder by everyone in the Army. Can't speak for the other branches. Its stars first to show the flag is allways heading into battle. If it was opposite it would look like you were retreating. Thats what i was always taught anyway.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by rakkasansct]

Yes exactly. It dates all the way back to when flags were first carried into battle. When you charge forward its only natural the flag would be stars first because the wind of you running forward would make it blow behind you. Nothing strange about it.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Perhaps the choppers and surveilance trucks not owned by the police have been loaned out under contract?

Can/does the US military/police loan out, either within a reciprocal arrangement or for a monetary value, equipment or personel to other government agencies?

Do all helicoptors or vehicles in military or police use actually belong to the agencies involved or are some owned by private organisations/NGO's/corporations?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
Quick! Check to make sure you still have the microfiche!

Of course I do. That's not even in the house.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I don't know what to say.
I don't know how much of the problem is the drug war.
I don't know how much of the problem is the feds telling these ignorant cops that terrorists are out to get them in their hometowns.
I don't know how much of it is that cops really like to play cops and robbers but they don't know that anymore, now they know movies with big military type operations where the cops are the supersoldiers and the guy down the street is a foreign operative with a nuke in a suitcase.

I just know that cops really shouldn't have so many tanks and helicopters. Those are military weapons. They don't help keep the peace.

I really don't care if sometimes billy joy jack that robbed a bank goes 90 miles an hour and gets away. If you don't chase him he won't go 90 miles an hour anyway. You can catch him another day.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I will deal with it as it comes. Id rather not be looking over my shoulder at every siren and do my best to enjoy myself while I can. Its still a beautiful world out there. Living in anger, fear or parenoia is just what TPTB want. You reacted exactly as they would want you to in this situation. You were afraid. I would've enjoyed the spectacle for the dog and pony show that it was.

I want to hear more about the guy you saw them arrest. I believe this part of your story. I am not baiting you. I trust your account of the story more than I do the MSM account.

Great composition in the OP btw. We don't see this much care taken with OPs very often.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by panzerpundit
Oh man, that's some scary stuff. I'd be nervous too if I saw that stuff. Good thing you stayed hidden while taking these pics and thank you for sharing this with us.

It was kinda scary. It took me several hours to wind down.

Let's be clear. I wasn't hiding when I took these pictures. I made sure they could see me. I wanted to let them know their intimidation BS won't work on me.

When I started to see what looked like a scope pointed at me, I started moving around, back and forth, as I was out in the open. I did get kind of nervous, and went back to the house, not until I got a bunch of pictures though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join