It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to test state-of-art weaponry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Iran to test state-of-art weaponry

presstv.ir

A top Iranian military commander has said that Iran is preparing to hold a massive aerial maneuver in coming months.

Deputy Air Force Commander, Mohsen Darrehbaghi, said Thursday that the country will put to the test a new set of advanced air-to-ground weaponry and gunnery equipment.

"All Iranian aircraft and warplanes will take part in the military exercise, including the F-4, F-5, F-7 and the Sukhoi SU-24 fighter jets," said Darrehbaghi in an address to the female staff of the Iranian Air Force.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I believe they are gearing up for an attack by Israel. Israel just may run into a little more resistance than they did when bombing Iraq. I think Iran will be much better prepared and armed for an Israeli attack, than Iraq was.

In an off way, I'm kind of interested and excited to see what happens. How well will Israeli warplanes do this time? I'm also interested to see if Turkey holds true to its promise to protect Iranian air-space.

Many people will see this as Iran being belligerent but I see it as Iran only being smart. After all, they do have the right to protect themselves and this *new technology does seem to be defensive.

--airspoon

presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
(Edited also - to reflect the amended OP....)

Raid on the Osiraq Reactor near Baghdad in June 1981

Any attempt on Iran would be the Osiraq Reactor raid times 100 , with the additional fact that they know the Israelis are coming !

===============================================

If Iranian nuclear installations are the target ..... then that is a hell of a lot of targets , many of which are well defended . I have seen some estimates as high as 10% loss of aircraft in any attempt to bomb these hardened & dispersed site . So along with downed planes , there may be captured pilots also . This could potentially dwarf the Gilad Shalit debacle .

[edit on 4-6-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Your right. I was confusing Iran with Iraq. I will edit appropriately. I was just compiling a thread on Iraq and it was fresh in my mind.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Can you find a sourse? Isreal bombed Iran???????? You thinking maybe

typo! lol

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Id123]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Your right. I was confusing Iran with Iraq. I will edit appropriately. I was just compiling a thread on Iraq and it was fresh in my mind.

--airspoon

No worries airspoon

------------------------------------

Just a hypothetical question here....

Bearing in mind the Israelis pride in striking when the enemy least expects it , would an Israeli air-strike just after the completion of Iranian exercises potentially catch them unaware .
I`m not `au fait` with what such logistics would entail , but besides the obvious psychological effect - what would the realities on the ground regarding fuel /maintenence etc be ?

Thanks

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
All i see is F-4, F-5, F-7 and the Sukhoi SU-24, where is the part that says state of the art?[delivery system]..

I am more curious about their Shafaq projects..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sigh, here we go again...

You really are a fan of the Iranian regime, aren't you, Airspoon? This site's motto is to deny ignorance. Posting state sponsored propaganda (PressTV) isn't exactly denying ignorance.

State-of-the-art weaponry and Iran... they haven't got a single piece of military equipment that can be defined as state-of-the-art.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Your Source.

Deputy Air Force Commander, Mohsen Darrehbaghi, said Thursday that the country will put to the test a new set of advanced air-to-ground weaponry and gunnery equipment.

IF and that's a BIG If Israel does decide to strike Iran. How does this new "State of the ART"

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Just a hypothetical question here....

Bearing in mind the Israelis pride in striking when the enemy least expects it , would an Israeli air-strike just after the completion of Iranian exercises potentially catch them unaware .
I`m not `au fait` with what such logistics would entail , but besides the obvious psychological effect - what would the realities on the ground regarding fuel /maintenence etc be ?

Thanks

It shouldn't matter, unlike it supposedly did with the US on 9/11. However, I would assume that their "testing" of these weapons systems means that they are currently non-operational. In that regard, these weapons won't be ready anyway.

--airspoon

reply to post by Foppezao

All i see is F-4, F-5, F-7 and the Sukhoi SU-24, where is the part that says state of the art?[delivery system]...

I'm assuming we will learn of them as they are unveiled. With that being said, Iran is known to make a big "much to do about nothing". I don't think that it will be anything technically superior to what the west has but I'm sure it will be much more advanced than their current arsenal.

Iran has been ramping up their technology sector and making good strides along the way. Of course they can't yet match the west or even China but they sure are ahead of Iraq and other Middle Eastern nations.

--airspoon

reply to post by Mdv2

You really are a fan of the Iranian regime, aren't you, Airspoon This site's motto is to deny ignorance.

Well, I sure feel more safe with Iran having a nuclear program than say, Israel. Also, this "Iranian regime" is a democratically elected government that has done nothing wrong, IMO (as far as the western sponsored slander goes). In fact, I do support democracy and the people's freedom to choose their governing bodies. I also realize that some people are hypocritically against this. I could only wish that people take the motto, "deny ignorance" to heart. Oh well.

"There is no man so completely imprisoned as one who falsely believes he is free"
--Thomas Jefferson

Posting state sponsored propaganda (PressTV) isn't exactly denying ignorance.

PressTV as opposed to what? CNN, MSNBC, FOX NEWS maybe??? Should I only get my news from western and corporate sponsored media? Is that somehow better? In order to deny ignorance, you have to be able to identify that ignorance.

"Our mind is of three catagories: what we know, what we don't know and what we don't know we don't know. Not knowing is unfortunate; not knowing that we don't know is tragic."
--W. Erhart

State-of-the-art weaponry and Iran... they haven't got a single piece of military equipment that can be defined as state-of-the-art.

It's all relative. Several of my buddies are now missing their limbs from 30 year old artillery rounds, fashioned into devices that level the technological advantage of the US. That is state-of-the-art tactics. You are limiting your view of what is or is not state-of-the-art and that my friend, isn't exactly denying ignorance.

"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom: the music is nothing if the audience is deaf."
--Walter Lippman

--airspoon

reply to post by SLAYER69

IF and that's a BIG If Israel does decide to strike Iran. How does this new "State of the ART"

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Your Source.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Yeah we almost forgot, Iran is a democracy, all those green revolutions were to celebrate their wonderful democracy right? ok..
Not to mention the safe haven it is for all those gay and lesbian people, free and creative women in general.
We must be glad this pure example of democracy and rechtsstaat is all in good hands of the pragmatic and rational Clerics. Yes of course it would a good idea of giving them a nuclear weapon.
But i tell you one thing, as long as B2's and cruise missiles can destroy their air defenses and command structure they can throw as much state of the art weaponry they have it aint going to help...[unless they have air superiority]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I never thought I would live to see the day where 'Iran' and 'state-of-the-art'

were used in the same sentence.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
quote:'Also, this "Iranian regime" is a democratically elected government that has done nothing wrong,'

hahahahaha, really, hahahahahaha

Did you know the US is actually in Iraq to free the people and have nothing to do with controlling the oil fields...

Did you know the US is actually in Afghanistan to free the people and have nothing to do with controlling the opium fields.

Did you know that China has freed Tibet from the aggressor, oppressor and extreme violent Buddhist culture?

Did you know 9/11 was all due to Osama bin laden and had nothing to do with Bush & co?

Did you know muslims actually think they live in the 15th century?
oups... sorry 'bout that... this one lacks sarcasm...

'Deny ignorence'.... you should try it for once...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

They may not have rules/laws that everyone agrees with or that seem right but they do have a democracy, regardless of whether you agree with their choices.

In fact, pre-Shah Iran was even better example of democracy in action. That is until the US, acting covertly, over-threw that democratically elected government and installed the brutal Shah, who ran a government that didn't even resemble democracy. The Shah's brutal reign is what drove the Iranians into a theocratic revolution. Arguably, their ills are caused by the US though they did manage to do well in the face of it and reinstall a democratically elected government. If the west had its way, Iran would still be ruled by a brutal, human-rights abusing and murdering dictator. Would that suit you better? In fact, it is easily argued that Iran has a better working democracy than the States.

As far as laws that may seem oppressive to you, every country has some. Take for instance marijuana. While they may not be allowed to openly participate in homosexuality, we aren't allowed to put whatever we like into our bodies, even if it benefits us medically. How about this stupid Supreme Court ruling that gives corporate entities the same human rights as American citizens, that ultimately lead to oppression? How about the plethora of other oppressing laws and policies of the States?

You can pick and choose which laws you like and which laws you don't like but no government is perfect. What gives us the right to point out splinters in their eye when we have planks of wood in our own? If the Iranian people weren't satisfied with their current government, then I'm sure they would replace it as they recently did with the tyrannical government of the US installed and backed Shah.

We have no right to dictate how others choose to live their lives. If you are so worried about individual liberty, then you should focus on your own country because we definitely need it here.

I'm not saying that Iran is perfect by any stretch of the imagination but then again, who is? What I am saying is that we shouldn't be focusing on Iran, who would otherwise be no threat to us, especially when we need to focus on our own government. I sure as hell don't want to spend my hard-earned money -or life even- on forcing other people to live a certain way. I'd rather my money and life be spent focusing on my own prosperity along with that of my fellow citizens.

Of course, if it was something so blatant that it would warrant immediate attention for life or death of my fellow humans, I don't mind lending a hand every now and then. Such is the case with Israel against Palestine. Such was the case with Germany against the Jews and many others.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

we aren't allowed to put whatever we like into our bodies, even if it benefits us medically.

I rather choose myself if you know what I mean. Go Scientology man, go Scientology...

Iran would still be ruled by a brutal, human-rights abusing and murdering dictator.

Are you actually trying to say that ahmadinezhad is a kind, human-rights upholding and loving leader? You really have got some nerve there

no government is perfect.

I'm totally with you here, but one is still better than the other. The question 'which one' you say? Well the one that leaves me room to freely move around and do what I want. O yes, I can do whatever I want here (Belgium), and I mean whatever I want, until I decide it's time to be a criminal. No-one is telling me what to do, and I'm not forced into dogmas with the danger of being killed if I want to make a joke about religion or take part in a demonstration against the government. Just try that in Iran.

If the Iranian people weren't satisfied with their current government, then I'm sure they would replace it as they recently did with the tyrannical government of the US installed and backed Shah.

Man, I don't know what drug you on, but last thing I SAW was that Iran is being terrorized by a dictator!

We have no right to dictate how others choose to live their lives.

Unless they threaten my freedom!!! As the muslims are trying to achieve here!!

Such was the case with Germany against the Jews and many others.

And what the muslims are trying to achieve with the Jews just as the nazi's did

I like your writing about respecting others as they are though...

[edit on 4/6/10 by Eyeris]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Ummm Iran... Didn't Russia give you some mig 29s too? What gives?

[edit on 4-6-2010 by DaMod]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

(Edited also - to reflect the amended OP....)

Raid on the Osiraq Reactor near Baghdad in June 1981

Any attempt on Iran would be the Osiraq Reactor raid times 100 , with the additional fact that they know the Israelis are coming !

===============================================

If Iranian nuclear installations are the target ..... then that is a hell of a lot of targets , many of which are well defended . I have seen some estimates as high as 10% loss of aircraft in any attempt to bomb these hardened & dispersed site . So along with downed planes , there may be captured pilots also . This could potentially dwarf the Gilad Shalit debacle .

The ammount of brainwashing showed by the pilots in this video is outstanding "we have done this to prevent a new holocaust" .

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
PRESSTV? Give me a break. You may as well post something from the freaking Enquirer!!!!! Fail. Badly.

new topics

top topics

join