It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report says Burma is taking steps toward nuclear weapons program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Report says Burma is taking steps toward nuclear weapons program

www.washingtonpost.com

Burma has begun secretly acquiring key components for a nuclear weapons program, including specialized equipment used to make uranium metal for nuclear bombs, according to a report that cites documents and photos from a Burmese army officer who recently fled the country.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The smuggled evidence shows Burma's military rulers taking concrete steps toward obtaining atomic weapons, according to an analysis co-written by an independent nuclear expert. But it also points to enormous gaps in Burmese technical know-how and suggests that the country is many years from developing an actual bomb.

Great. We're going to get another suppressive nuclear regime to join North Korea or rather, another Chinese proxy. Ironically enough, this is not really a surprise. These days it has become a trend to go nuclear. More and more countries on the Asian continent seem overeager to join the race. Saudi-Arabia, Iran, Burma and probably and that's probably not the end of the list.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I don't know whay this stuff surprises people anymore, nuclear weapons are a 1940's era technology and the ore is more common than alot of folks think it is. A little hexaflourine gas and a centrifuge, and you're in business. Hell I saw one of these types of centrifuges on Ebay for crying out loud with a disclaimer saying they didn't sell to terrorist organizations.

When the crossbow was invented, it was said "Surely here is a weapon to end all wars." Did we honestly think it was going to work out any differently with nuclear technology?

I started a thread back in 2004 on this...
Nukes Made Too Easily

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
So either this report is false, or North Korea is providing nuclear material...

What's the million dollar question here is... What China's gonna do about it? Will they use it as a pawn like they use North Korea against the west... or will they ``take care of it`` because they don't want a nuclear power on their border that could be hostile to them?

According to their present relations with them, they are more likely to use them as pawn against the US or whatever regional power could threaten China.

This is bad news.

And I doubt China would allow the US to invade Burma, since it's on China's border.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I can understand and see the reason for wanting nukes, One look at North Korea who is holding off an attack from the US, Because if the US attacks no doubt a nuke could be fired at Seoul. However what do you think would happen if NK used nukes first ?

IMO in this day and age, a small or token Nuclear arsenal is only a deterrent..... And its because someone has desires on a country's resources and know if possession of nukes is there then that task would be a very hard one.

Why is no-one is crying out over India or Pakistan having nukes, Is it because access to their resources are already acquired.

Its funny but under the Shar, Iran could have had nukes no problem... Because under the Shar America had access to Iran. And initially too in Iraq, Saddam could have had what weapons he liked.

I can't help but come to the conclusion that any country being criticised, Is on someone's to-do list.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10
I can't help but come to the conclusion that any country being criticised, Is on someone's to-do list.

You said alot there man....
About This Axis of Evil Thing
The last remaining nations that aren't signatories of the World Bank or the IMF just happen to be the famed and apparently Dynamic Axis of Evil.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

I took this from the opening post in your thread,

"There are now only 5 nations on the world left without a Rothschild controlled central bank:

That is pretty much how i see it, Rothschild's Army on a crusade to rule the world.

It could also explain why our leaders become impotent on their election promises, Japan's leaders resignation over the removal (or lack thereof) of the US base from Okinawa being a good case in point.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

China delivers hundreds of military trucks to Burma

The junta receives the largest consignment of weapons and military support from neighbouring China along with armaments from other countries like Russia, Singapore, India, Ukraine and North Korea.

Currently, China’s total investment in mining and energy sectors in Burma is over 600 billion dollars and China is terribly worried that it may loss its huge investment if there is civil war between the junta and ethnic armed groups, said sources close to Chinese authorities on the border.

source

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Darn! 600 billion in investments! OK now I'm sure China will back them up whatever happens and no way in hell they will allow sanctions or war against them.

Even if the US invades. China will go all in...

So I guess we just have to make up our minds right now that Burma will soon have nukes.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
The Burmese junta has much closer ties to CHEVRON Oil company than to China.

If they get nukes, make sure you thank Chevron oil for it, won'tcha?

Wouldn't be surprised if Chevron puts in for a few devices of their own.

Who knows how many nuclear armed corporations there are at this point,

and since we see how US law enforcement & military are working for BP in the gulf, maybe the corporations ALREADY control the uses of nuclear weapons.

Certainly specific corporations were pivotal in getting us sunk in the tar pits of Iraq.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Thank You, CHEVRON OIL!

just more corporate rooted terrorism.

new topics

top topics

join