It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something hit Jupiter ... again!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Something hit Jupiter ... again!

Just as astronomers were telling the world that they figured out what gave Jupiter a black eye last July, yet another cosmic impact left a mark on the giant planet today. And this time, it was caught on video.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Edit: Link added...

Link to Source

Link to Video

[edit on 4-6-2010 by susp3kt]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
So something hit Jupiter again, BNO reported 8 hrs ago.

They don't know for sure what it is at the moment. But I'm sure someone here will fill us in, explaining that it was a rouge particle weapon blast from an intergalactic battle cruiser due to the intense firefight going on in our solar system.

Mebbe it was just an...asteroid?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Good find! I love hearing about these things. It always unsettles me though because I fear what would happen if one was to hit us. Seems they're catching a lot of those impacts on Jupiter lately and that's fine with me. Maybe they can use the images to study the movement and entry of the object and apply that to their research on coming up with ideas for deflection for our own planet.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by susp3kt

So something hit Jupiter again, BNO reported 8 hrs ago.

They don't know for sure what it is at the moment. But I'm sure someone here will fill us in, explaining that it was a rouge particle weapon blast from an intergalactic battle cruiser due to the intense firefight going on in our solar system.

Mebbe it was just an...asteroid?

yeah I'm going with asteroid or comet.

I remember back in '94 before that comet hit Jupiter a person at work was swearing that the impact would give Jupiter the mass it needed to become a star. this was way before ATS and all but I got in a HUGE argument with him over this. I bet he'll go nuts again when he hears this. too bad I dont work there anymore..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Given that Jupiter is one of the solar systems vacuum cleaners, I'd imagine that these type of events happen more than we have been aware of in the past.

We are seeing more impacts simply because we are watching closer than every before. It took a massive event like Shoemaker-Levy 9 to finally get our attention.

IRM

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Given that Jupiter is one of the solar systems vacuum cleaners, I'd imagine that these type of events happen more than we have been aware of in the past.

I would chalk it up to the advent of webcam luck imaging techniques for amateur astronomy. In the last ten years its resolution and popularity have increased to the point that we basically have almost around-the-clock monitoring of Jupiter by amateur astronomers. That's an entirely new phenomenon; professionals do not monitor the solar system's planets like that, and previously the best way to take pictures of the planets was with film, which would have missed this event entirely. That's actually how I started out in astrophotography; telescopic film pictures of the moon and planets. Video capturing to make stacked still pictures is the just about the only way anyone does it nowadays though, and that means lots of eyes on the scene; that's why not just one but two amateurs saw it simultaneously.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by ngchunter]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Please use the existing thread to continue discussion.

Something Has Just Hit Jupiter:

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join