It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IPad - what is it good for ? Absolutely Nothing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

Apple is basically the posers brand...

You get much better and cheaper MP3 players than ipods...

And ipads?? Man.... biggest fashion accessory in a long time... not as good as a laptop, truly and utterly pointless.
Unless you like to look good.

Then it's the product for you.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If I was rich I would have one, would be good for browsing the net playing scrabble with friends and using some of the music apps.

You don't need to be rich, have an iPad, or buy any apps to do all that.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I refuse to support this planed-obsolescence, consumerist claptrap. Apple is one of the worst offenders with this type of thing. I just wish I could figure out how to jump on board and make some money off of the rubes.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The concept is a good one. Apple did it wrong. Apple should have released something of this caliber ~5 years ago. PORTS PEOPLE!! no ports, no flash no thank you! But something of this design would be most beneficial to anyone in the working world from executives to scientists. And yes, we can make it do what we want be jailbreaking it, but really? What's the point? I hate apple, they make a mediocre product and charge an arm and a leg for no reason whatsoever other that to make people feel "cool" when they use things.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blazer
I have the "iPad Nano", an iPhone
Seriously, if not for regaining full control via jailbreak, I would not recommend either device,

Am i glad i got a Satio! It does all the iPhone does except the Apple store, and Oprah Mobile 10.5 got the surfing sorted - WITH Flash!!!

Oh dear, almost left out, it does not have a harddrive, only an SD slot so instead of a whopping 32 GB ram, i'll settle for a few SDs of however much size i can afford...

And the iPhone outplays the iPad...

[edit on 2010/6/4 by J.Smit]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's a status symbol. That's all. They have horrible times with wi-fi connections as well. I work tech support for multinational hotel chain, we've gotten a few calls in regards to them. Have yet to get a single one connected to our network. No problems with ipods and iphones, but this ipad thing is a giant waste of money. Maybe in a few revisions it'll be worthwhile, until then, i'd steer clear of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
When i see the IPAD the picture that comes to mind most is - An Iphone after a elephant has sat on it.

Whatrs it good for?
its got touch /synaptic capability
its got apps...and none of these apps are productive bur rather time wasting.

waste of money unless you are one of the the-world-buys it-so-i-will -buy-one -too dept.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join