It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IPad - what is it good for ? Absolutely Nothing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   

IPad - what is it good for ? Absolutely Nothing

www.boreme.com

Lots of different uses for an Apple Ipad as demonstrated by a Japanese Magician (?) Illusionist more like !!!

It just goes to show that we buy Crap for Consumptions sake !!!
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Only a simple story / video here to get people thinking -- What is the point of an electrical device which can do various tasks like look at photos' (wow), read an e-book (wow again), surf the web (double wow) and is the size of an A4 peice of paper........

Do we really need this device and others like it ?? Is it there just so some can say they have the latest tech.........Is it a pure waste of resources and fueling of the Consumption world we live in !!!!! Did you buy one ??? WHY ??

www.boreme.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Err, not sure how this is breaking news exactly..?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
If I was rich I would have one, would be good for browsing the net playing scrabble with friends and using some of the music apps. Unfortunately Im not rich so have more important things to spend my money on, like food.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
You better hope Skeptic Overlord doesn't see this topic.

He's a big fan...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
You need one, it has such a nice design. It doesn't need a practical function, it just has to look cool. Forget the dead foxconn employees, forget the oil problem, forget the environment, forget the radiation, forget the price.

IT IS COOL AND YOU NEED ONE, RIGHT NOW!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bvproductions

I know it's not breaking news but I caught the video attached earlier today and just thought to myself...... what is the point ?? It's just another distraction to make the Sheeple desire, or want one because their friends have one blah blah blah !!!! Don't get me wrong, I am not technologically 'challenged' but even I can not see the urgency for these ......

And the Japanese illusionist on the video just about sums up what the IPAD is all about ...!! Consumption, distraction, envy......... all pretty disgusting tracts even if Mr Overlord chappie likes them..... who is he anyway ??

Cheers

PurpleDog UK

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I am also stuck wondering why people are dishing out so much money for these things.

You can get a netbook that can do twice as many things for less money, not to mention apple makes you pay for every damn application you download.

Many people have said that the iPad is just a toy for old men with extra money laying around and I tend to agree.

The iPad brings nothing new to the table and it does not even have flash...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Had a bit of a laugh about this recently with a client while I was setting up their new custom build PC

Mentioned that their old laptop has 30gb storage and he said "so its like an ipad LOL"... (he's an apple fan) I said yeap pretty much just it has a keyboard instead and a little less portable.. does almost all the same stuff and it's about 7 years old! Saw his eyes light up as he realised what a joke the ipad is.. his 7 year old laptop can be used to do the same and more! Could probably run apple OS on it too... haha. Funniest thing is that the item giving the most problems is an apple bluetooth keyboard which I told them NOT to get >_> they got it just because its slim and apple... it doesn't have a windows key, nor a delete button, nor a number pad. Fail.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I have the "iPad Nano", an iPhone
Seriously, if not for regaining full control via jailbreak, I would not recommend either device, but once jailbroken, you can do many useful things with them, and safari on the iphone (and ipad) is still the best mobile browsing experience (except for no flash support but I don't play stupid farmville and crap anyway so I don't care or need it).

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
It's good for this:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Totally agree OP, the Ipad is absolutely useless !! ( No offense Apple sheeples )

And it doesnt even have a usb port or a sd slot.... how am I supposed to share information on the go, or print ?

Have seen a few videos on Youtube about cats playing on the Ipad with their paws. It just sums up its main use......

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
So this thing doesn't have wi-fi? No usb? Wait... and NO FLASH????? So basically all the addictive little online games I love are a no go?

It's a material object fot the modern gadget man to show off with. Apple suck.

Ed: as do microsoft

[edit on 4-6-2010 by and14263]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Monte-Carlo

You could try the EKEN M001 7"
it costs around 100 $ , runs on Android (google version of Linux) and it does what a portable PC needs to do. O, it has USB and SD card slot too!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I'll bite. I have one simply because my vision sucks and so I quite enjoy having an oversized iPod touch.
It is convenient for reading, also easier to set up in church than my laptop for reading along with the Bible. (Yes, I bought an app for that... Sorry, I couldn't resist.)
But if it wasn't for my vision I would agree it is a waste. I still prefer to browse the net from my MacBook. The lack of flash SUCKS. Also the large touch screen makes accidentally clicking those annoying ads unavoidable while surfing.
My 9 year old daughter thinks it's the coolest thing ever.
*shrugs*

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Romanian

Doesnt look like it has wifi. Claims a dock is needed for internet connectivity.

Show me wifi and I'll buy a dozen.

Looks like the M002 has wifi. Sold. www.ekengroup.com...

[edit on 4-6-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Have you ever tried an iPad?
It's perfect for kids, old persons who don't use their computers everyday, something you put in your house and you can when you need it : Cooking recipes, send an email fast,etc.

The iPad is not designed for everyone, but a minority of people. And the iPad does it very well.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Romanian

Doesnt look like it has wifi. Claims a dock is needed for internet connectivity.

Show me wifi and I'll buy a dozen.

False.

www.apple.com...

My dad has one, you can use wifi from evey wifi networks and use 3G from anywhere.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GhostR1der
Mentioned that their old laptop has 30gb storage and he said "so its like an ipad LOL"... (he's an apple fan) I said yeap pretty much just it has a keyboard instead and a little less portable.. does almost all the same stuff and it's about 7 years old! Saw his eyes light up as he realised what a joke the ipad is.. his 7 year old laptop can be used to do the same and more!

So maybe the ipad isn't COMPLETELY useless, it can ALMOST do as much as a 7 year old laptop.

But the key is the economics.

What can you get a 7 year old laptop for on eBay versus what you'd shell out for an Ipad?

So maybe Ipads are a status symbol for people who have so much money they don't know what to do with all of it? As for the rest of us mere mortals...gee I think I can afford a used laptop on e-bay that's newer than 7 years old and even MORE advanced than the Ipad in capabilities.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Actually it DOES have Wi-Fi . (edit to mention - we do not talk about the Ipad but about the EKEN pad, a cheaper Android version ) It does not have a network port but do have Wi-fi
The dude in the video is explaining the point of the 3 led-lights - one is of the Internet.

The Eken M001 7” Google Android 1.6 iPad Tablet has a 7 inch, 800 x 480 pixel display, a 600MHz ARM-based CPU, 2GB of storage, and an SDHC card slot for expasion. It also has 802.11b/g WiFi, and a navigation dial next to the power button. There’s also an accelerometer which allows the screen to auto-rotate between landscape and portrait mode.

Howeveer, you have to take care as there are some pirated models too, with very low battery life (2 hours instead of 5)

i found the device on e-bay as I was looking for an easy way of reading my e-books .. reading from the laptop/computer is simply not comfortable enough..

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Romanian]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join