It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 Statistics About The U.S. Economy That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
In one of my math classes we went over the US debt...in several years ALL of the money taken in each year by the feds won't even cover the interest on their debt...
We are either in for a massive bankruptcy and collapse or civil war...I hope for the 2nd although I can't help but feel like they want the 2nd too, so they can come out the victors in the battle...

The war may very well be of the haves and have nots but one problem is most don't know who the haves are...they view the middle class, or the people making $200,000 a year living in a large house...sure he makes more than he needs but he works hard and if fails could lose it all...the real haves are the people like George Soros...billionaires so rich they could give each and every one of us in the United States tens of thousands of dollars and STILL have enough money left over to be the richest people in the world...

These are the people behind the scenes manipulating markets and pulling the strings in my opinion...

[edit on 6/4/2010 by AnonymousMoose]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
For a few of the top 5 items I have little sympathy. If idiots want to get credit cards and be reckless with their new unfounded wealth so be it. In some cases here the people clearly have choices and they have made poor judgements. That is a personal decision. If credit card companies want to charge ridiculous interest amounts I have no problem with that. For the imbeciles who've put themselves in a winless situation as a result, well your an idiot and you deserve it.
Now the bulk of issues certainly things are bleak. If TSHTF it won't matter. Even during the depression life went on and if that scenario or worse unfolds the same will apply.

brill

[edit on 4-6-2010 by brill]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassey222
Someone a long time ago said "history is written by the victor".. If we stand up now we will be labeled terrorists but what will we be called once the dust settles? Does it really matter? Standing up and fighting back may not be the right thing to do and it may be the best course of action but no one will know that until it is written in the history books. Those "PTB" people will make it very difficult for any group to even get formed in the first place and it will take a large group to ever get anything moving. There are so many people that are fed up with the state of things now and they say we have to get up off our butts and do something. I personally have looked for allies to help in this field but they are very difficult to locate. It is the fear of putting yourself out there to be found that keeps us from getting anything done. We all want it but we do not want the wrong people to find us. So what do we do? We make our plans for ourselves and our own in the event of something major but we are unable to make plans on any scale with other people in order to prevent that "something major". I don't want to sound defeatist but in this scenario it is all or nothing and until someone is willing to forfeit their life for a cause we will all just sit and wait. I can go on about all those that are trying to effect change but to date they are all doing it in the context of the current 'game'. The game is rigged or broken and we need a game changer in my oppinion.

Unfortunately and sadly I am forced to agree with you. A massive uprising is severely unlikely, and to protest in small groups will accomplish nothing.

I've thought about this at great length and I feel there are 7 possible scenarios that will change the course of history for the United States. All will result in extreme death tolls (with the exception of #7 which is an unknown, and extremely improbable). I am listing them in the order of probability:

1) Biological or Chemical plague
2) Global ecological disaster
3) Total depletion of natural resources
4) Civil War or Revolution
5) World War III
6) Severe Cataclysm (Asteroid impact or Supervolcano eruption)
7) Extra-terrestrial visitation

Edit to add: I also want to say that this thread is by far the best I have read in a long time here. The posts are well thought out (except for the NWO conspiracy posts), and through the pessimism (which is warranted) there is outlook for a positive future. If only the rest of ATS carried on with the intelligence and wisdom displayed here, more people would take this site seriously.

[edit on 6/5/2010 by pjslug]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I think what bothers me the most is the waiting. I'm a bit shocked that everything is still going to this day. I mean, can you honestly imagine a scenario where it's 2015 and all of this is still the way it is? In the past, I never imagined the US would make it to 2010 with everything that has been happening, so us being in the same place we are in now (immeasurable debt, countless records being broken, etc.) looks totally plausible. People keep saying it will all collapse, but...will it really?

I just don't know anymore...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
S&F, several that I hadn't seen before, thanks.

This ties into a thread I started a few days ago:

25 Questions To Ask Anyone Who Is Delusional Enough To Believe That This Economic Recovery Is Real. Thread #577732.

These are very frightening for those of us who have to work for a living and are watching our financial lives hang in the balance.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
S&F for you!

damn, Maybe the web bot gurus could be right after all that things will get worse by 2011. Man, I wasted my whole 5 years of school and it is nothing but a piece of toilet paper. All I did was pay my teachers their salary and gave myself debt. I should of known this crap was coming. I should of took psychology instead......

In fact I might, but instead of loans I will use Pell grants.

[edit on 5-6-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose
In one of my math classes we went over the US debt...in several years ALL of the money taken in each year by the feds won't even cover the interest on their debt...
We are either in for a massive bankruptcy and collapse or civil war...I hope for the 2nd although I can't help but feel like they want the 2nd too, so they can come out the victors in the battle...

The war may very well be of the haves and have nots but one problem is most don't know who the haves are...they view the middle class, or the people making $200,000 a year living in a large house...sure he makes more than he needs but he works hard and if fails could lose it all...the real haves are the people like George Soros...billionaires so rich they could give each and every one of us in the United States tens of thousands of dollars and STILL have enough money left over to be the richest people in the world...

These are the people behind the scenes manipulating markets and pulling the strings in my opinion...

[edit on 6/4/2010 by AnonymousMoose]

The only persons who can get us out of debt are the rothschilds. They have over 500 trillion dollars in their accounts total. But they would own us for sure and not in a good way.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
Note to self: Never post on ATS looking for support.

Kidding, im not looking for support, just giving another example of the truth.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by samureyed]

Go into the pizza delivery business. you will always have a job. Just as long as you don't piss off the boss that is.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The way that "hours" work as currency is not like dollars. A surgeon "hour" is worth more than a laborer "hour", the exchange rate is negotiable.
You are merely swapping services, but you can swap goods with services as well. You still need an arbiter or a currency management service.
The Fed serves this role with the dollar, but uses their power to enrich themselves. They are simply thieves.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

While these fifty statistics are all very true, and infinitely alarming.....
(and I really mean infinitely when I say infinitely)

We must remember that we all still have the power to manifest a different outcome, in each and every situation.
And I am not talking some "The Secret" mumbo-jumbo.
(think it and it happens.... whatever folks. DO it and it happens)

I am talking about behaviors people.

Behaviors that manifest every single event in our life. We can only speculate on thought, but we can measure a cause and effect of behavior.
So much sugar is offered to our brain in order to keep us in a perpetual state of what Karen Horney and Carl Rogers referred to as the "ideal self", but the problem lies in the fact that we are not our "ideal self, but we are our real self.

And the schism between what is imagined and what is judged through behaviors creates tension, anxiety, depression etc...

This is all by design, as most of you know. This is purposefully done to induce us into a state of learned helplessness, but the battle has not yet been lost.

We can still make the world a better place, but that is the KEY.

We can still MAKE the world a better place.

Amen.
Shalom.
Inshallah.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

Bring it on, let the games begin. I know I have nothing to lose, I already lost my job, lost my health, the only thing I have left is my family, and for the time being my house. I support a complete reboot. Sign me up.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

This post needs to be read again and again and again.
Sooooooooo true!
But sadly this sick beast will try to raise its head over and over until it is thoroughly killed and all of its pieces and parts are killed as well and the burnt ashes are spread across the oil covered seas.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The resest button exists and was part of the old testment law. It's called a year of Jubilee. Total debt forgiveness and a return of all ancestral property to the original owners. It was to happen every 50 years. It's purpose is to break the back of debt slavery.

In these cycles of boom bust and bankruptcy, who ends up holding all the assets? The answer is a bunch of corrupt, elite foreign banksters. A Jubilee wipes the slate clean and gives everyone a chance again.

The people who get hurt most by a Jubilee are the big banksters who've gathered all the chips from a poker hand where they have all the aces up their sleeves.

If something like that isn't done soon, we will return to feudalism or something even worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join