It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from Namibia!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Although I am not that new to ATS, I have been a member for about a year now, this is my first post!
Since I discovered ATS I have become more and more addicted and probably spend more time here than I should, but I have learned more about things that interest me and things that scare me here in this short space of time than I would ever have thought possible!
I have managed to “put my foot in it” a couple of times and been justifiably reprimanded but I have also managed to make the odd coherent comment and gather a couple of stars along the way. So here’s hoping that my relationship with ATS will continue to help me gather knowledge and grow even “wiser” as I wander along my path in my quest to “Deny Ignorance”
I want to thank you all for sharing your wisdom, ideas and thoughts and I wish you a wonderful weekend!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

hey nice to meet you! I look forward to seeing you around!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Thanks, RP, hope to be around for a long time yet, so no doubt we will be chatting, arguing and exchanging views!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Welcome to ATS

How in hell have you been able to keep quiet for a year?! Some of the crazy ideas and thread titles just can't be ignored!

Pyramids are alien water pumps!
The Pope eats babies!
Disclosure coming soon!
Proof!! Alien video! Must see!!
Illegal immigrants are murdering rapists!
Israel is evil!
Stop picking on Israel!
Obama is an illegal alien!
Bush is evil!
I am the One!

How can lunacy like this be passed without a comment? See ya around and look forward to your posts

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Hey Kandinsky, Thanks for that AND the smile! I know, I know, it took a long time and honestly I was SWEATING by the tme I had typed out that short intro.
I agree, the topic range is huge and fascinating, but I am caught up in the gulf oil thing at the moment and that is where I am at most of the day, reading and swearing and just wishing it would be sorted out!
Have a great one!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sneaking around for over a year without a sound....welcome aboard the good ship A.T.S. you stow-away!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by witchfinder

Only because I have this medical problem, every time I open my mouth I seem to jump in both feet first!
Thanks for the heads up!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS
look forward to seeing you around..

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

Here there SeventyTwo, see you are also new to the threads, have fun, I know I have had!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Hello!

Nice to see you finally enter into the ATS world. Just reading isn't that fun is it?

Anyways. I was actually going to South Africa, Namibia and Botswana in August before my next semester of college begins.

I can't wait to see the place. Any tips on where to visit?

Also, I read that German is a rather large language in Namibia. Which would I have better chanes with German or English? I speak both.

[edit on 6/4/10 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hi Misoir, too many! Let me know what sort of thing you are interested in and I could maybe point you in the right direction. I was born in Zambia and then my folks moved to S.A. for a couple of years and I have lived in Namibia since '69! So I may be able to help with some info! You could U2U me if you want!

[edit on 4/6/10 by wiser3]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Hi Wiser

A warm welcome from me, I hope you´ll find what you´re searching for...
Let´s fight ignorance..
See you out there

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by laffoe

Hi Lafoe! Thanks for the welcome. I know that I have already found more than I thought I would. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day to read it all!
See You!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I will be driving through Namibia and spending about 1 week there, I just wanted to know where is an Arid/Steppe geographical location, not desert. And where there is a far lesser prevelance of very dangerous animals.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

If I were you I would definitely spend one or two nights at the Waterberg Plateau, which is north of the capital, Windhoek, on the way to the Etosha National Park.
You could also, if you had time spend a night at the Spitskoppe, a beautiful site in the desert on the way to Swakopmund which is on the coast! But both of these options would depend on which direction you were travelling.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Well I wanted to travel Southern Africa via truck. So I was hoping to start out up in Johannesburg, SA then travel through the center of the country to Cape Town, SA. Then up the coast through the Kimberley and into Namibia and drive up toward the capital along the west side of the country.

I could definitly make my way further north of the capital if I wanted to. Which according to you would be the best scenery.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Hey Misoir

Okay! I am going to presume that you already have a map of Namibia. You will find that there is much to see in the south of Namibia, driving from Windhoek (heading north and then north west) to the coast you enter the desert about halfway to the coast, and as you probably know already our coast is desert, very beautiful, but desert. You could though drive to Swakopmund and from there head north towards Henties Bay and then from Henties Bay you take a dirt road, through the desert, past the Spitskoppe where you can spend time, there are camping places and also bungalows which can be rented and you will then join up with the tarred (I think you guys call it paved) road at Usakos, which you had travelled through on your way to Swakopmund!
On the other hand you could go from Windhoek, heading north, you would get to the Waterberg Plateau where one can overnight, travelling further north you could stop over at the Hoba Meteorite, Its Huge! And then from there on to Etosha National Park!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Hi wiser3, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wiser3

Hello and welcome! I look forward to your future posts and watching you grow as your spread your ideas and take on new and exciting ones!

Unseen

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join