posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 07:59 AM
I haven't looked into this subject enough to make a proper assessment but I think it's only right to point out that Jews were not the only people to
be persecuted and executed by the Nazis during the Holocaust.
* Jews- 5.9 million
* Soviet POW's- 3.3 million
* Non-Jewish Poles- 1.8-2 million
* Romanis ('gypsies')- 220,000- 270,000 (but even the higher figure may be too low)
* Disabled- 200,000 - 250,000
* Homosexuals- 5,000 - 15,000
* Jehovahs Witnesses- 2,500 - 5,000
One thing I will say is that I don't see many legitimate organisations who argue against the figure of 5-6 million Jewish deaths.
The main sources for these statistics are comparisons of prewar censuses with postwar censuses and population estimates. Nazi documentation containing
partial data on various deportations and murders is also used.