It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like Fishing? – GO TO JAIL!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
From my blog Fascist Soup:

Man was arrested in front of his children for:

1. Taking Walleye without a valid license

2. Not providing his full name to a police officer when asked

Of course, the man had been fishing for 10 minutes and hadn’t actually caught any fish which means he didn’t actually take any Walleye. Fishing licenses typically only apply to caught fish. Catch and release typically does not require a license.

And of course not providing your name to an ignoramus thug is no crime at all in my book.

He was not belligerent, he was with his kids, he didn’t have any caught fish on him, he was not drunk, he was a member of a church group.

Obviously this calls for an arrest and incarceration on top of being charged with two class 1 misdemeanors and having to post a $600.00 bond.

F#cking brilliant.

Just brilliant.

This is the free country of Amerika

Some of you may recognize the pastor in this video.

He was the guy that the border patrol beat the crap out of because he wouldn't worship their Nazi azzes like they demanded. They stopped him without cause and then tased the crap out of him for no reason at all.

Bunch of savage criminal tyrants.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I honestly can't believe they'd do this. It's pretty sick to think that instead of busting a meth lab, they're attacking a guy trying to fish with his children, oh and throwing him in jail.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I'm sorry I don't see any real information here. I don't see a police report. I don't see a news story.

Most states require you to have a license to do any kind of fishing, whether catch and release or not. It's a fishing license, not a fish tag.

People who commit crimes get arrested in front of their kids all the time.

Its not really smart to commit a crime and then not give the cop ID.

I and a friend(when we were kids) have actually been caught with my dad when we didn't have licenses. My Dad was gracious and provided an ID so the cop could check for warrants(i.e. due diligence, his job). He didn't even stop us fishing. He gave us this weird warning ticket that would not kick in as long as we got fishing licenses in the next week.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by thedarklingthrush]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by thedarklingthrush

I don't really give a flying crap what the law says.

Arresting a man for fishing on a public lake in front of his kids is criminal behavior in my book.

The cop should be behind bars, not the person fishing.

Defending the criminal behavior of the cop is ridiculous.

Police are supposed to protect and serve.

I see neither in arresting a man for fishing.

Police are not our slave masters.

I should not have to cow-tow and kiss azz to a criminal looting thug simply because he is on a criminal power trip.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
i understand where you're coming from. i love fishing and i do it often. yet, i still shiit myself everytime a fish and game guy pulls up and start interrogating me. if he was any other guy i can give a flying turd but he can take away all my expensive fishing equipment, fine me for more money than i have and put me in jail for along time.

here in california, you literally need a lawyer by your side every time you fish.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Why don't you just get a fishing license? They are like 20 dollars.

Worth spending a small amount of money to save the trouble of getting your equipment taken and getting slapped with a fine.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   

So who's worse...Einstein or cops?

Imagine Einstein in a police uniform? Or perhaps an officer reading Special Relativity whilst nodding in agreement.

Here in sunny England, if I get caught fishing without the right licence I can be arrested and fined £2500. The license is £8 a day.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Every state I have ever lived in required a license to fish. Even catch and release.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Lets all line up and worship the State.

I'll make posters of Stalin and light incense.

Clearly arresting a man for fishing is completely justified and an excellent way to spend tax payer dollars.

Its also clear that fishing without a licences should result in death.

Just like the middle ages when people would poach on the Kings land.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
reply to post by DOADOA

Why don't you just get a fishing license? They are like 20 dollars.

Worth spending a small amount of money to save the trouble of getting your equipment taken and getting slapped with a fine.

i do have a fishing license, i obey all rules and regulations, they just scare me. when i first started fishing, i got a fishing license at the local big 5, i went out fishing and got all my fishing rods taken away and a $700 fine because i didn't have a bay and delta sticker on my fishing license. i had no idea i needed it and he was looking for to charge me with. i'm just scared of all the things they can come up with to take my good stuff away.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by DOADOA]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

There are other articles, but basically the Obama administration wants to ban recreational fishing, and lose out on all those tax dollars that they bring in every year....I swear Obama doesnt know how think.

wnymedia.net...

There are other articles as well, just google "Obama bans recreational fishing" and see all the links that pop up. Its early here and dont feel like going through all of them.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Man that sucks I would be enraged if all my fishing gear was taken away that stuff is not cheap.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
here in california, you literally need a lawyer by your side every time you fish.

Given how TPTB are so hell-bent on poisoning our food and water, is it possible they don't want anyone to fish because they can't poison it first?

Plus if you have access to free food, it means you don't have to be so productive...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Fishing is something that requires a lot of responsibility if you are going to undertake it. It's a very difficult prospect to let everyone fish who wants too yet still maintain viable fisheries.

mnemeth1 - You know I really don't care what you think about the law. If you had your way our fisheries would be overrun by people taking fish irresponsibly and ruining the environment more than it already it is.

It's not really anarchist to take without giving is it? Because that's what fishing without a license is. The idea is that we are all taking from the same pool of natural resources when we fish so we all contribute into a kitty to help manage and maintain these resources so everyone can enjoy them forever.

DOADOA - listen I don't want to be offensive but that's on you. Fishing regulations are complicated and they need to be to succesfully manage fisheries. I don't really think you not having the proper permit to fish where you were fishing is something the guy just came up with to get you on.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by DOADOA

Given how TPTB are so hell-bent on poisoning our food and water, is it possible they don't want anyone to fish because they can't poison it first?

Plus if you have access to free food, it means you don't have to be so productive...

Actually they would accomplish poisoning the fish by poisoning the water. Even small levels of things like mercury in water will make the fish harmful to eat. The poison gets concentrated as it moves up the food chain. There are many places throughout the United States where there are mercury warnings for consuming fish.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by thedarklingthrush]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
We were on Lake Erie a few years ago and the Ohio DNR boat stops and checks our license but were not in Ohio waters. We all complain and they say take the ticket or they will take our boat and everything. We relented and got home made a few calls. No help finally sent all the tickets in with a note telling them that their GPS was wrong and our log shows we were never in Ohio waters. A few more letters back and forth and telling them we will need their GPS logs they finally gave up I gusess no warrants or anything and it's been over 10 years now

new topics

top topics

join