It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange coincidence? Or did TPTB already know the 2008 presidential frontrunners?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
French President Nicolas Sarkozy visited the US on November 7, 2007 and met with the two eventual presidential frontrunners, 4 months before McCain was nominated and 7 months before Obama was nominated.

Sarkozy apparently wanted to get some sense of the lay of the land in the American political campaign, said one French source, who pointed out that Sarkozy has already met with Senators Barack Obama (D-Ill.) and John McCain (R-Ariz.).

blog.washingtonpost.com...

Obama was not nominated Democratic presidential nominee until June 4, 2008.

blog.washingtonpost.com...

McCain was not nominated Republican presidential nominee until March 4, 2008

www.nydailynews.com...

Was this just a weird coincidence or did TPTB already know who the two leaders would be?

Maybe they don't know the final outcome, but they know the final two candidates.

Maybe we should keep an eye out for foreign dignitaries visiting possible GOP nominees in the near future.

[edit on 6/3/10 by Misoir]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
who are TPTB, exactly?
and i don't mean what does TPTB stand for - i know what it means

but WHO ARE THEY?????

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
who are TPTB, exactly?

but WHO ARE THEY?????

Good question.

I don't know, I don't think anyone does. We can make good assumptions though.

But think about it. Sarkozy came here for a visit to show warming welcome between the two nations. It's kind of odd that he would meet with both eventualy nominees even before any of the primaries. IDK if he is a member of the TBTB or not, but he might have been a puppet of sorts.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This was a good find I am impressed.

I am going to do some research about this and see if I can find anything weird, or anything that debunks this.

Hopefully I will find more weird "coincidences".

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I don't find anything particlarly odd about this at all.

As far back as 2004, Obama was the clear cut choice for the Dems going forward. The attention he received following his address at the 2004 DNC was proof of this. I even distinctly remember Tom Browak stating that Obama was the future of the Democratic Party and was expected to represent them in '08.

I am sure Sarkozy would have met with HRC as well, maybe their schedules did not jive while he was in the US.

In the McCain case, he was all but guaranteed the nomination from day one. From the moment that he announced his candidacy, it was widely accepted that he would be the eventual nominee.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

who are TPTB, exactly?

but WHO ARE THEY?????

Members of the Rockefeller Family
Members of the Rothschild Family
Members of the IMF
Members of the World Bank
Members of the CFR
Members of the Bilderburger Group
Members of the Illuminati

That ought to cover about 80% of the hierarchy

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Very good find indeed Misoir! Of course they knew who was going to win but Sarkozy had to visit McCain to make it look fair. The same as when Al gore "graciously" accepted defeat in the 2000 election even though he KNEW HE HAD A MAJORITY OF THE VOTES IN FLORIDA.

Star and flag for catching this!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by Asktheanimals]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This might be interesting, except for one aspect of the article that you neglected to mention. He also spoke with Hillary Clinton. Yeah, it was a phone call instead of a face to face meeting, but that's the problem with busy schedules.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

who are TPTB, exactly?

but WHO ARE THEY?????

There are multiple people in high positions of power that have influence on the global economy. All of them are on the board of directors for the Bank of International Settlements. These are "TPTB" in the economic sector.

Here are their names, taken from the BIS website (bis.org):

Christian Noyer, Paris (Chairman of the Board of Directors)

Hans Tietmeyer, Frankfurt am Main (Vice-Chairman)

Ben S Bernanke, Washington, DC

Mark Carney, Ottawa

Mario Draghi, Rome

William C Dudley, New York

Philipp Hildebrand, Zürich

Stefan Ingves, Stockholm

Mervyn King, London

Jean-Pierre Landau, Paris

Henrique de Campos Meirelles, Brasilia

Guy Quaden, Brussels

Fabrizio Saccomanni, Rome

Masaaki Shirakawa, Tokyo

Jean-Claude Trichet, Frankfurt am Main

Paul Tucker, London

Axel Weber, Frankfurt am Main

Nout H E M Wellink, Amsterdam

Zhou Xiaochuan, Beijing

Alternates

Andreas Dombret or Karlheinz Bischofberger, Frankfurt am Main

Paul Fisher or Michael Cross, London

Pierre Jaillet or Denis Beau, Paris

Donald L Kohn or D Nathan Sheets, Washington, DC

Peter Praet or Jan Smets, Brussels

Ignazio Visco, Rome

[edit on 4-6-2010 by MKULTRA]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Great find.
I keep thinking about project looking glass. Maybe, just maybe...?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This should be no surprise to the people on ATS. The so called democratic vote for president is a sham. The candidates are hand picked by TPTB and then they choose who they want to win and throw all their media and financial support behind that candidate. Then they let us all believe that we are making the choice by electing their guy. Its been that way for many years.

This is why a third party candidate for president has no chance at all. TPTB back the two parties and thats it. The last independent candidate to even make a dent in the voting was Ross Perot and that was only because he had his own fortune to pay for media time and advertisments.

Guys like Ron Paul are ignored or even ridiculed by the media so nobody pays attention to them. Its all a sham and everyone falls for it. Obama was their guy for years before the 2008 election.

new topics

top topics

join