It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP robots steer cap to spewing well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

BP robots steer cap to spewing well

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Robot submarines steered a new cap to BP's ruptured undersea well in the Gulf of Mexico on Thursday in the company's latest attempt to rein in the largest oil spill in U.S. history.

The cap was placed atop the pipe before 10 p.m., but oil and gas continued to spew as engineers attempted to adjust it.

BP CEO Tony Hayward announced that the company had crossed a "milestone" earlier in the day by cutting away the remains of the well's damaged riser pipe. That cleared the way for the dome to be lowered down to the well, 5,000 feet below the surface of the Gulf, but Hayward sai
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
I have my fingers crossed that this will work, but I have to say that I'm starting to believe that nothing will work short of blowing the hole shut, and I'm a little skeptical even of that plan.

It seems they have already tried their best ideas.. while setting aside what I feel were many good public opinions and options.. and anything else will come up as short as anything else.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
i'm hoping that it works, too!

fervently.

it would be the first course of action were this well above ground rather than under water.

of course, one mile of water does tend to make it a whole new ballgame, in a sense.
if it weren't for the same old half-ass batters coming to bat, that is, with the same old cracked no-hitting chunk of wood they calls a bat!

their best ideas, as you generously say, were their best ideas the LAST time something like this happened...and the fact that they didn't work THEN makes them more like WORST ideas, imo

but i'm in a foul mood right now after a sneak attack in another thread that showed some animals who have been affected by this fiasco.
TRUE the OP did warn it was not for the faint of heart - which i am not - but i am TENDER-hearted when it comes to the animals of the world.
it ripped my heart out and then i got pissed!

if there are even a few that feel this intensely as i do...now....well, all's i can say is they better get their happy little rich boy rubber duckies in a nice neat row, POST HASTE!

i'd hate to see the truly scary wrath of GOD descend upon them - that is, the maternal side of deity - with wrath that can only come from a Mother whose children are suffering from the misdeeds of another!

i haven't read all the myriad threads around here about the fiasco, the various and sundry entities involved, and related histories, etc. so if i'm saying something you've read elsewhere, please forgive me for repeating something that i don't mind repeating, if that is the case.

these, um, businessmen, who are BP, have a track record that defies understanding to some of us.

2005 Texas City Refinery Explosion Kills 15 & they blamed it on their underlings, basically.
there were numerous safety compromises and infractions at that plant even after the disaster, some resulting in death.
ALL were due to inadequate safety measures being established, implemented, monitored, etc.

and that's just one of many of the same thing, over and over and over!

how do these guys get away with such blatant disregard for any life other than their own?

and how can they calmly ignore the suggestions and pleadings sent their way by our government's representatives, at all levels (especially state and lower) on the URGENT issues of the environment, tourism and other sources of livelihoods?

today was a day set aside for dispersing stock dividends, something like $10M in dividends...and they were asked to postpone it, by our federal government and executive staff (i think it was), until after some sort of estimation could be made on the cost of environmental repair and such...
and they more or less just ignored that, too.

that kind of disrespect toward anyone, especially people of the foreign country they HAVE DESPOILED once again, is beyond my comprehension!
i can't believe these guys!
it's got me seeing red almost as bright as the animal's suffering does!

if i lived on the coast and they were anywhere i was, just out of chance, i might be tempted to pick up a rock and throw it at them!

that is SO out-of-character for me, too!
:shk:
you have no idea!
if i wasn't so pissed, i might be a little ashamed.

well, i hope i didn't derail your thread - it seemed like a good place to unload, though - still untouched by opinions and tirades.

well, it was, before i got here!

P
E
A
C
E

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

trust me.. venting is good. I have to do it from time to time. No worries from me. feel better? a little?

Speaking of the picture thread..

While the pictures are hard to look at, I'm more saddened by the fact that there are animals all over the world, at any given time that are placed under similar circumstances as a direct result of human waste and neglect. In short.. I feel ya brother.

If we weren't venting.. some of us would already have plugged the hole with a few BP execs and government officials.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by broahes

you're too kind.

i am with you on the animal's quality of life, in general, here on our fair planet - something i must try to deal with in my mind, often, so that i can go on doing whatever it is i must do. this tender heart is a literal pain that won't go away.

here's an update on the operation:

Gulf Oil Spill update at CNN

lots of people still are very critical of the positive aspects of this last event.
it IS something, however - any literal decrease in the outflow is better than none, imo.

as mom would say: slow and steady wins the race.

i don't know about sea-turtles in an oily sea, however...there are so many factors involved.

i personally have faith in our true Mother to overcome this injury and to regain her health and ours...and i pray a lot, too.

and, yeah, i do feel some better this morning.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by queenannie38]

top topics

join