It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

One day when the planets population goes back to sustainable levels and our genetic engineering has created a fruit tree that produces fruits in which a single fruit is a days nutrition, all the races have mixed, the rainforests have grown back, we have an infinite supply of clean energy, we all speak one language and worship one God, and our natural life span has increased to 200+ years and the notion of ownership is a distant memory.

That day, it will be Planet-Wide Green Anarcho-Communism with a self-sufficient infrastructure. And I will be happy.

Something to the effect of this is inevitable - but old power structures and archaic understandings are still doing there damndest to stifle this.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Good old mother earth will work it out.

Did you like Avatar? I did.

I tend to think more of the movie stargate, thats were we are.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Clean, ethical capitalism,

not the rotten, corrupt dirty capitalism of our current nightmares.

corporations would NEVER have supremacy over individuals. Either they would be equals or the individuals would take the precedent.

Rule of thumb, individuals can do whatever they want as long as it does not infringe upon others.
People's delicate 'sensibilities' are for the most part their own problem.

Recognition of our collective selfish interests,
clean air, clean water, decent environment, ethical business.
Government provides, basic, standardized utilitarian infrastructure.

The government should avoid ever being a player, & only acts as an impartial referee.

I favor lean, efficient, non intrusive government, but one that is completely effective when it is called for.
There could be social programs, but they would have to have some kind of demonstrative track record & be cost efficient & effective.

People should be about living their own lives. They know best what they want & usually can best figure out how to get them better than clumsy oversized government.

The government provides a minimalist macro-superstructure that people can build their own personal lives upon.

I think just about everything between consenting, cognitively in command adults should probably be legal, but i would allow society to hopefully grow into that in its most expansive terms.

I suppose ideally each person carries a certain self responsibility with them, which makes it a kind of distributed self governance.

Tough, savvy, autonomous individuals, probably don't need all that much government anyway.

Sort of individual centric society/government.
Not some monotonous, static, corpse like prescription for 'living' [if you could even call it that].

Liberty & adventure not the
poison of monotony.

One should build & structure up to dynamic stability, not pointlessly steamroller down flat to it.

One should optimally build stable structure embedded & at equilibrium with chaos,
not try to kill off & sterilize the vitality of it away.

It isn't 'stop the world & let me off' it is how do i live progressively better in an ever spinning, vital world.

control freaks always want to kill off & sterilize everything, so they can impose some still born, toxic, suffocated pictogram,
that looks almost like life, but isn't.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by slank]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ghostsoldier

Lovin those rhymes thank you.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join