It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federation Galaxy Class Cruiser Spotted by Shuttle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I just found this video and have never seen it before. Wanted to run it by the experts here to see if this is fake. It looks interesting if real. I tried a search and didn't see anything with this video. Anyway have at it.

Namaste

kjburto

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
i knew it..... oh man i knew that was real....i wonder which captain is on board?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sorry, but.

I lol'd.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
i find it suspicious the title supplies make and model, i also am not an expert but i must say as respectfully as possible that it looks edited,
lets just say my spider sense is tingling here.

you yourself said you were looking for opinions and that is mine.

Thanks for the post and i also look forward to what the resident experts have to say

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Obviously faked but damn I liked it..

Galaxy Class Starship, USS Enterprise 1701-D. No bloody A, B, C or E !

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah it looked kinda fake to me as well but then they zoomed in on it so wasn't sure what to make of it.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm no expert, but I don't think one is needed here, this screams CG, and not even good CG at that. You can see the pixel distortion around the "ship."
Makes for a good laugh though, imo

[edit on 3-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Me too! Right when i saw the object in question pop out of the left i LOLd. I had a feeling when i clicked this it was gonna be worth it!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This video is faked.

Basically they got a old STS video, which is already well known and popular (I have seen the unedited version many times); and they used their programs to super-impose that star trek ship onto it.

We could find the original video I bet, so no worries, it will be proven as fake rest assured.

The original video is the exact same, but there is no Star Trek ship at all.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Here the original video. STS 48

Look at the clouds they are the exact same.

Compare the two videos.

The faked video picks up about 10 seconds into the real video.

Hoax.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Sure everyone is going to say it's faked.. you've all been trained well by the government disinfo agents.. and didn't even know it !

This is why we choose to appear in your local space at this time. we knew you would muck this up like 21st century always has in our history books.

Well, Time to go..

Beam Me Up Scotty !

[edit on 3-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Sigh.
This sites motto is denying ignorance. Not enhancing it.

It is very obviously fake.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
That does look like the same video I agree. There are a couple interesting things in that video though. Anyway feel kinda stupid now since it's obviously the enterprise...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Sigh.
This sites motto is denying ignorance. Not enhancing it.

It is very obviously fake.

Yes the sites motto is deny ignorance and that is exactly what happened in this thread.

The OP provided a video he wanted to know more about and he received an educated answer on it's authenticity.

This type of thread shows just how well ATS can get to the bottom of things in a quick and efficient manner.

Not everyone has seen every video concerning UFO's or have a good understanding of video editing or CGI so they ask for confirmation.

I'd say that the motto worked as intended in this tread.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 3-6-2010 by TV_Nation]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kjburto
That does look like the same video I agree. There are a couple interesting things in that video though. Anyway feel kinda stupid now since it's obviously the enterprise...

Don't feel that way.

All of us post "is this real?" threads every now and then, and this is a GOOD thing.

It means that people trust in the ATS membership to help get to the bottom of things. It's a compliment to everyone here.

When I find something weird and I can't find any information about it, I bring it to ATS and see what everyone here thinks about it.

Don't feel dumb, because you are not. Anyone who thinks of asking questions is Smart.

Feel free to ask anything. That is what ATS is for

That is what I do everyday, ask questions and see what the ATSer's think.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
This was a great post to wake up to.
Put a big smile on my face.

To all those who think this post was serious and really felt the need
to explain, debunk and study it...

...really?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dethduck

I think most of the replies were sarcastic(I hope) but it was still entertaining that it got the treatment of debunkness. Weeeee! The OP did bring me out of a funk...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Ha Ha

That was great! As much as I dislike Star Trek, still a pretty good little video.

Of course, I would still rather have a Star Destroyer...kick the Enterprise's butt!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I love this kind of stuff. Clearly fake, but it sure is fun to see the sci-fi imposed into real world. Reminds me of these great examples:

Starship Enterprise destroyed by the Death Star

Death Star over San Francisco

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
set phasers to stun yes captain

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join