It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the U.S. Must Stand by Israel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
From the OP's article:

Let's take a hypothetical situation: Three days after Sept. 11, some folks from Saudi Arabia charter ships, load them with "humanitarian aid" and want to deliver it to the needy people in New York City. Do you think we'd allow them to dock in New York City or do you think we'd try to stop the boats?

Considering we let the Saudi's fly out of the country while US citizens were grounded, I think we would have. We consider the Saudi's allies for the most part and if they wanted to bring aid, we would have let them. Also, if they were in international waters there is nothing we could have done until they entered our waters THEN we would have had the right to try to stop them.

After Sept. 11, a Saudi prince offered Rudy Giuliani a donation in the amount of $10 million. The same prince later blamed U.S. policy for the attacks. Giuliani rebuked him and returned the check. We didn't take their money; there's no way we'd let them float into our docks unchecked.

He probably did so to avoid political backlash if he didn't. How many politicians accept donations from questionable entities and organizations and don't return the money when it's found they are less than trustworthy or did something deplorable? Also, saying "float into our docks unchecked" is a euphemism compared to what Israel did.

Wouldn't America do the same exact thing Israel did? Yes. Do you think a person is a victim or an aggressor when they are on the ground repeatedly being clubbed and getting tossed off the deck? [referring to an Israeli soldier allegedly being beaten with clubs by the boats occupants]

The person being "beaten" is the aggressor when he or she boards a ship they have no right to in the first place. There's a thing called "trespassing". Here in America, if someone enters your house with a gun and you beat the crap out of him or her with your bat for doing so and if the burglar then shoots the homeowner, you can bet your bottom dollar that the burglar will be charged with murder since he or she was the one trespassing in the first place.

Martin Luther King knew that people will make mistakes, but trusted them to correct it. MLK knew that if the American people were presented with pictures side by side, they'd pick the right one. But you're not being shown the right pictures. How is it that the good guys are the ones with the clubs?

Here's the pictures Beck is referring to as not being regarded equally:

In the first one, the police are beating a defenseless person without a weapon who was walking down the street. A street he or she is permitted to be on. In the second one you can barely tell what is going on. We'll assume it is the people on the flotilla in question beating an Israeli soldier who boarded the ship illegally with an automatic weapon. Not once does Beck mention that the Israeli soldiers boarded the flotilla with automatic weapons and the passengers only had clubs. Let's see, risk getting a bullet in the forehead (which one passenger did) or beat the guy with the gun with a club?

Why do you think the videos of this flotilla raid are not being shown on the mainstream media? Because it doesn't fit the agenda. It doesn't fit the desired storyline.

I don't know Glenn. Seems to me they only keep showing the same video over and over again of the flotilla passengers beating the Isreali soldiers with clubs. The same exact image you identified. Why aren't YOU showing a different side of the same story? Let us not forget that the only thing the US media is condemning Israel for, if anything, is for mistake in committing such an act in regards to how the world will now view them. They have said very little about the lives lost in such a tragic incident and in such an unwarranted way.

So why wouldn't we stand up for a country more like us?

Because it doesn't matter if a country is "more like us" when they commit such an atrocity. I love my sister but I wouldn't stand behind her if she brutally murdered someone. Being "like us" does not in any way shape or form imply that they deserve our unconditional approval in everything they do. If we want to gain respect in the world, we should support a country for after committing such an act and show the world that our support IS NOT unconditional. We must show the world that America values life, humanitarianism, and that killing people defending themselves with wooden clubs against men with automatic weapons in international waters aboard their own ship is perfectly justifiable.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Israel and American interpretation of the 67th paragraph in the San Remo Manual, is at best questionable and history-less. By the way a new convoy is on it's way attempting to break the Israeli blockade and isolation of ingenious Palestinians who live under terrible conditions. Personally I would say one of the direct reasons behind this and other respectless attacks against civilians or for that matter American war ships and UN soldiers, is the Social Darwinism discribed in the Babylonian Talmud, Israel's most holy book, which is a fascistic rendering and horrible interpretation of the Torah, God's Law as given to Mosjeh on mt. Sinai. "Oh! Hillel, son of Babylon, how thou art fallen from Heaven". The Talud basically displays Jesus as being in hell smeared in excrement, and it orders Jews to treat the Canaaneans as animals, wiping them off and remove all their civil rights.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Fire Angel

i think the things Beck says are valid in varying degree.

HOWEVER, i disagree with the idea of needing to stand by this or that nation or group or whatever.

what we need to stand by is the TRUTH
maybe if we stand close to TRUTH, it won't be so hard for so many to recognize it!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

We must stand by our allies.

People these days seem to forget what it means to give your word.

We as a country give our word to defend our allies, and they are expected to do the same. People also seem to forget that Israel is a strong country, surrounded by a bunch of a-hole countries. If/whenwe go to war with Iran, we will be thankful we can stage a full on assault from Israel.

My point is, when you pledge to stand by someone, you dont act like a pussy and ditch them at the first sign of trouble. Allies should back each other through the think and thin, otherwise whats the point?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

actually, if we go to war with Iran, we need to be allied with Turkey since they are a nato member and Israel is not. It would also benefit us to use their airspace, airbases and ports. Especially since they are Iran's neighbor. Let us not forget that Turkey helped us to stop the germans from getting to the oil fields in ww2, and Israel was not around to suck off our teet yet. If we really want to stand next to a strong ally in this conflict we should remember that Turkey is and has been an ally long before Israel and is a tad stronger.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
America should lead the way by not 'taking sides' at all.

The fact is the whole area was divided up by the British Empire, some argue they didn't do the best job. Whilst the history of the people and the area is thousands of years old, these countries are all comparitively new. They all have teething problems, especially political ones.

By a major world power not blindly taking Israel's side, more justice and a fairer playing ground for the region will develop. Stepping in and helping to correct wrongs, especially humanitarian, regardless of 'who' is involved is right.
That's what the US should stand for and be known for.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

We must stand by our allies.

Allies should back each other through the think and thin, otherwise whats the point?

Gang mentality needs to be outlawed.
'scratch my back and I'll scratch your back' systems lead
to corruption, and is nothing else.
sticking up for others just because they are in the 'club' is
immoral, immature and manipulative.
Here's a thought, why not
stand up for ethics ? ? ? !
BTW what ever happened to ethics ?
Allied-ship needs to be outlawed by the UN, period.
Gangs in government is unethical, uncivilized and
ultimately leads to wars and blackmail.
Focus should be on ethics, not on who is ganging up with who.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Fire Angel. I salute you and your support for the peace loving people of Israel. If only more patriotic Americans felt the same way I believe peace and democracy would prevail. I believe Israel must now act decisively and deal with these terrorists as they dealt with Rachel Corrie & the USS Liberty. Terror must not be tolerated for the sake of peace.

At least some decent Americans still support Israel. If only the militant squatters in Gaza & The West Bank stopped their occupation of the so called "Occupied Territories" then maybe Israel could at last find peace?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fire Angel

Why the U.S. Must Stand by Israel

America must stand by its homeless veterans
America must stand by their young children and bring them home who are being slaughtered, maimed, poisoned and their entire futures ruined overseas for multinational corporations
America must stand by their children at home who are being ripped from their families by CPS who are drugging and raping them into oblivion
I could created a huge list of things America must stand by and the State of Israel would not be on it

[edit on 7-6-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
the more we learn about this religion, the more disgusting it becomes!!

...unbelievable!!! they are from HELL!!! ISLAM is from HELL!!

Pedophilia
beheadings
honor killings
hands cut off
assinine dress code
Sharia law (according to Satan)
eat with hands
wipe with hands
inbreeding marriages
superstition gone wild
worship pagan moon
bow to a black rock(pagan worship of a rock)
female circumcision
tie bombs to children
world trade center
hijackings
infidels
kafirs
Koran
phoney history
kittman
taqaya
cursing prayers

WTF!!! Go home you sick bastards!! Leave the west alone you satan's breed!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Spykemann

I believe that in your fury and anger you posted in the wrong thread ... as this was about Isreal and America , and there was no mention to Islam

And besides , the points you mentioned could easily represent some other religion ...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
And to answer the question of the thread myself ., America must stand by Isreal because its leaders wouldn't have been leaders if they wouldn't have agreed with standing by Israel before being leaders

It can be because the the leaders are dependant on others money that have strong ties with Israel or it can be because they are corrupted to the bones , it can be because they are easy targets of blackmail or it can be because of personal beliefs resulted from brainwashing

But this is not a new issue , it happened since the "reign" of woodrow wilson, as i believe it was than when the influence on America's politics took a extreme turn

[edit on 7-6-2010 by charlie_the_loafer]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spykemann

...unbelievable!!! they are from HELL!!! ISLAM is from HELL!!

You have a lot of hate in you.... and people of the world are getting sick and tired of hate mongers who are on the same team pretending to be pro Israeli or pro Arab.... ... hate mongers are sick psychopathic control freaks who belong to a race of demons who spend the short time they have left trying to get real races of people to hate each other

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Look - I don't have the time to shred your post. Most anyone who has been paying any attention will be able to do so without my help. Hint: Freedom of religion? Ask the Catholics who get spat upon daily by the Jews!

The UN decided to not only ask the Catholics, but assign one as the experienced military authority and co-author of the Goldstone report on the Gaza War 2008-2009.

"Britain’s foreign policy interests in the Middle East seem to be influenced strongly by Jewish lobbyists" - Colonel Desmond Travers.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Nice to see someone with principles, conviction and loyalty for a change.

Star and Friend.

My respects,

Skellon.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:06 AM
link   

You mean like US's NATO allie Turkey???

Or is it just some allies?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I can't believe most of the people here are for real.

'Deny ignorance'....makes me chuckle because there are very few places I've found on the internet with a more ignorant and uneducated population.

Congratulation USA, land of the free and the stupid. You should really try leaving your country once in a while, you may actually learn something about yourselves and other people. I know you would be far to fearful to go to a muslim country but you might be surprised.

(apologies to the people there that do have something between their ears, I know there are a few a of you).

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionel

I believe Israel must now act decisively and deal with these terrorists as they dealt with Rachel Corrie & the USS Liberty.

Oh REALLY ? USS Liberty was a terrorist vessel ? ?

Even in canada natives are given status and subsidy.
Distinction of the Inuit , Metis , Mohawk etc. is recognized.
In israel, zionist only recognize themselves. Denying
quality life and education for others is morally wrong.
According to israel, anyone who is not a zionist is a terrorist.
It is bigoted of israel to lable everyone as
either Arab, terrorist, or an allies.
Even a 2nd grader knows the difference between Saudi,
Lebanese, Malaysian, Palestinian, Bedouin.
It is as ludicrous not to give rightful distinction to
Palestinians , as much as it would be ludicrous and ignorant
to label the Irish as being english.
Enough with the childish tantrums and coddling,
big brother is getting tired beating up on others to satisfy your whims.
Blackmail has over run it's course too.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionel

I believe Israel must now act decisively and deal with these terrorists as they dealt with Rachel Corrie & the USS Liberty. Terror must not be tolerated for the sake of peace.

Did you just infer that the USS Liberty was a terrorist ship and Israel rightfully attacked it???

And this whole thread is about the US standing by Israel,WTF?????

I seriously cant believe my eyes....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spykemann

This is firm evidence that you have not actually learnt anything about the religion at all. I suppose that would require reading something and challenging your backward, ignorant, unintelligent, bigoted, pathetic and small minded opinions.

Originally posted by SpykemannWTF!!! Go home you sick bastards!! Leave the west alone you satan's breed!!!

This is coming from someone living on land that was stolen from the native people? It's a pity you (the collective USA) don't leave the middle east alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join