It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New forest and new species! Mount Mabu,last untouched place on earth!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Very interesting probably the last untouched place on earth.

However, while scrolling around on Google Earth, an internet map that allows the viewer to look at satellite images of anywhere on the globe, scientists discovered an unexpected patch of green.

Some pictures of new animals and plants discovered.

Link
Link2
Link 3
Link 4
Link 5

[edit on 3-6-2010 by pavelivanov22]

[edit on 3-6-2010 by pavelivanov22]

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
interesting. as an American, I cant wait to eat and/or make a pet out of these animals.

and I cant help but notice there arent any yeti living there....hmmm....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
That's amazing awesome pictures. Hopefully they will leave it alone and pristine.

Anything else would be a travesty as bueaty like this is hard to come by in this global concrete jungle.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The first picture of a snake is awesome... It looks like a mega-giant slug reproduced with this specie somewhere in time... Can you imagine what specie it eats?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Awwww!! The little bird on top has the exact same plumage color as the fledgling Cordilleran Flycatcher I found a week ago!!
(I let it go...)
A very beautiful beak as well...
I do not like that fat snake thing. It looks like a swirly poop-mutant and I would not want it anywhere near me.

I acknowledge that it needs to be this way to adapt to its environment and such, but... its form still would scare the bojingles out of me.

[edit on 6/3/2010 by Elaethyr]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aresh Troxit

Favorite snake by far.
Not sure how slugs and snakes can mate but somehow they worked it out

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
this is wonderful!!!!!!!

i love how we find new untouched areas on the face of the earth everyday, along with new species... however, big business will destroy trhis more than likely. these species have a large chance that they will become a)food, b) pets, c) extinct, d) endangered, e) exhibits in zoos, f) etc.

i love the snake thing, it's quite beautiful! as are the birds, butterflies, geckoes, and all the animals they showed!!!!!!!!! *eta* and the plants!!!

i can't wait to see whatever else they find in this forest

[edit on 3-6-2010 by LocoHombre]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The older I get the more I realize that science still has a long way to go.

What we know is a drop of water in a vast ocean.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Great pics and nice find.

I almost wish it was never found though. Now people will study the area, more will come to sell supplies, then more will move there, tourism, etc...

BTW I love the design on that beetle. Cool stuff.

[edit on 3/6/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pavelivanov22

awesome find. thank you for sharing

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I want that bird! Wow some amazing new species you came across! Amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Nice post those are some pretty neat species of critters.

As for this place being the last untouched place on earth? That is just foolish to even say as there are many other places that man has yet to meddle with.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I stand amazed.....thank you for sharing this

I am reminded again, the greatest show on Earth...is Earth and all of her lovely fauna and flora. Tis nice to smile in pleasant adoration

Peace

[edit on 3-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

if you read about it they want to prevent people from going there to leave it alone and not ruin their environment.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
GOOD! more land for people to screw up.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I like the beetle. His colors are like he belongs in a Southwest painting. He rocks!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I wonder what kind of exotic plants one might find on such unexplored territory.
Such interesting life, I have bever seen before with my eyes. Very inquisitive.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

While this isn't a new discovery.. going on about two years, but the area is indeed protected.

Oh yes, OP..

that wasn't a dig on your thread. I stared and flagged it. I was just pointing out to AndrewJay that it is indeed protected.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by broahes]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Very cool! I would love to visit a place that has not seen mankind in a very long time, or even better, EVER. No trash, no technology - just mother nature at it's best.

Who knows some of those plants that have been untouched for hundreds of years may be able to cure some diseases or something. We know the government has probably gotten rid of any chance of that happening in the US, so we'll have to wait and see if it happens there as well.

S&F.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:53 AM
link   
looking at the shape of that snakes head and body i would guess its SUPER POISONOUS

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join