It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American flag burned...in England

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

WE would not burn there flag.

Belgens bought budweiser, did we burn there flag? NO!

We just stopped going to Bush gardens and made Yeungling an overnight success. "oldest brewery in america". If your pissed at the owners then boycott there games and DO NOT GO! Then they will go bankrupt and a brit can buy the team for pennies on the dollar. Americans boycott everything we dont agree with but we will never disrespect an entire nation over a couple of tards.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Navieko
Well, as an avid supporter of Liverpool FC, I can assure you -- we're far more pissed at what has become of our team than you are in regards to what some protesters did to your precious flag.

[edit on 4/6/10 by Navieko]

Glad to see you expect them "the owners" to have respect for your team when the fans so such respect for the owners nation.

Not defending the owners in any way but if this is the mentality of the fans there then I hope they run the entire club into the ground to the point of total disolvment. God knows I would do it just to dispite these irrational fans that lack general respect.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by queuepolitely
I know some of the organisers of this protest and I can assure its not aimed at the American nation it is aimed at Gillett and Hicks, Liverpool is a militant city and we are the sort of fans are not be messed with, we are not holigans. Gillett and Hicks are destroying this club and its in one of the most deprived areas in the country so they can make a quick buck. Please watch the trailer to my upcoming film which I hope gives you an insight into the disgusting behavior of Gillett and Hicks before you judge what are very very angry people. To some the club is everything, its the whole area the community and its being destroyed.

[edit on 6/4/2010 by queuepolitely]

Just my opinion but maybe they should burn a picture of the A holes involved??? Might hit the point better and not piss of many that would normally be on the side of the fans.

Honestly I hate that they would do this to your club but after how your friends and fans act I think the worst it is the more the fans asked and deserved it. Now I only hope for you beloved sport to be burned to ask as they have displayed.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by robbinsj

Of course Americans aren't anymore responsible for Bhopal or the environmental disaster that is the Niger Delta, but American companies are.
I was using them as a comparison as to how ridiculous it is for Americans blaming Brits for BP's incompetence.

The Global Corporations whose headquarters just happen to be in our respective countries are responsible and none are representative of any of us, American or British.

And yes, there was an instance of Americans burning the Union flag.

Please people read my previous posts.

I never said punish the brits for BP's doings, I know you have as much to do about BP as I have to do with Bush.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jechu

Now your just being crazy. No one here defending the flag EVER defended burning down a country. Please post proof!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj

Originally posted by Navieko
Well, as an avid supporter of Liverpool FC, I can assure you -- we're far more pissed at what has become of our team than you are in regards to what some protesters did to your precious flag.

Glad to see you expect them "the owners" to have respect for your team when the fans so such respect for the owners nation.

Not defending the owners in any way but if this is the mentality of the fans there then I hope they run the entire club into the ground to the point of total disolvment. God knows I would do it just to dispite these irrational fans that lack general respect.

Grow up. These are just angry people for gods sake. Not like there planning an invasion of the US or something. Are you people so god damn insecure that a couple of people cant express anger without it being aimed at a whole nation !!! I'm not going to descend to some levels here but a sense of proportionality and reality needs to be realised.

The owners should respect the team, they bought it we did not ask them to buy it, they destroy it, we retaliate and you say we deserve it.....real logical rational thought there fella.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

spot on

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I am not aware of this but IF true, I take offence to it! No one has the right. Not Brits not americans, NO ONE.

This is just crazy, though more understandable to show anger over the spill than a damn game. But still is not right to destroy anyones flag.

Personally I think anyone that burns a flag "including americans" should be procecuted to the full extent of the law for that nation in wich the flag was burned.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think your a tad mad.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I think your a tad mad.

'a tad'? I love the euphemism

ps: why did they burn it? 'cause I presumed it was regarding the Israeli/Palestinian #e going on, but apparently I was merely blind for a second there...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by Uniceft17

I don't see the purpose in burning our flag though, especially over a sport, I find that offensive,
Many around the world find your flag itself offensive.
I have seen your flag flying beside my country's flag & felt moral outrageat that rag you use was soiling my glorious colours. Keep it in your land & out of everyone elses if you love it so much.

Would love to, unfortunently our retarded officals can not focus on america. They to focused on every other nation and helping these other nations. Haiti for example, americans poured out millions and millions, also shipped supplies. We have done nothing for our local disasters nor the fishermen out of work now.

Please be assured it is only our tainted 2 party systeem that wants to be there. I rather leave your county alone to its fate.

Not sure where your from but I am sure you would possible be ruled by another and speaking a diff lang if it was no for that flag that you find so repulsive.

But I do thinkit is funny that your flag still has the right to fly due to that so called offensive flag. Might want to consider what flag you might be flying next time you open your grill.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Just wondered also.... As people in Louisiana are burning the Union Jack against BP... do you think Brits care about that?

Are we in uproar or are there threads saying all kinds of crap about Americans because of it?

Are they?
Never even knew or cared to find out, even after this thread started.

There, shows how much we care about flag burning.... And I'm a proud Englishman..

If you want to burn something you spent good money on, go for it.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

You have only seen an herd better due to the carebear rules on this forum and me actually giving a flying [snip]to be a member.

Sorry if I missunderstood your point but I saw it defferantly thus replied on impression.

Mod Edit -
Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4-6-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Eyeris

I can only presume as I was not there but spoke to people who were that Hicks and Gillett 2 American Leverage Buy out merchants and thoroughly unpleasant people are ripping the people off and destroying our club. Hicks bought a UK company and sacked all the staff without redundancy pay which people marched about. They have plunged our club into £350 Million of debt, have lied everyday since they bought the club and on Tuesday sacked our Manager that despite what plastic fans say we were vermentaly against.

They are expressing anger at the two American owners. If your American search Corinthians, Texas Rangers, Dallas stars, Richard Petty Motorsports, "Montreal Canadiens to get an understanding of how corrupt these guys are.

link   
reply to post by Eyeris

Huh?

Funny how he starts of as if he is going to brand them as thugs, but then comes across as a thug himself, probably with tattoos of Adolf on his eyelids...

I love irony....

link   

I'm afraid the world doesn't work like that buddy.

The fact that you get so offended by such actions as the burning of your national flag, especially when it is clear that the intent behind doing so is clearly not directed at you -- indicates a very real flaw within yourself -- something that your going to have to learn to live with, or resolve. Your flaw, your burden, your problem -- not ours.

You'd do better at directing your energy at helping yourself overcome these strange problems you have, rather than denying there is no problem.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChunkyBarcode

Originally posted by robbinsj

Sorry friend but no american I know of supports the burning of any flag. Not ours not yours and not even the IRAQ flag.

When the USA invaded Iraq we destroyed the statue of an A hole not burning flags and there bible's. "koran or wtf ever its called".

How understanding and benevolent of you not to burn their flag or the Qur'an
while invading and asset stripping their country.

Tim.

I did not support the war and as stated in this thread many times do not goup americans with the moron names Bush. Look at the history books and you will see we voted against bush but the senate put him in office. Many did not support it and Bush's approval rating showed this. Thanks and try again bro.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by queuepolitely

you obviously do not understand me, I do not blame all brits only the couple in the pic. Just pisses me off to see so many defend it like its acceptable. You grow up, its just a football game!

Furthermore these brits grouped the owners with the USA not I and in mutual respect I dont do the same with brits and these tards.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

So then why should all the fans of the club suffer a burning to the ground because of the actions of one or two people. My earlier post is making more and more sense !!

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I think your a tad mad.

Yea, sry I am very patriotic about the Flag. Burn the white house and I could give a rats ass but if the flames touch the flag in front then in the front lines I will be.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join