It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.P. Controlling Police & The Media!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
BP Controlling Media And Police

So BP has brought in it's own police and is taking over control of the flight towers. There seems to be conflicting statements because Nungessor is saying, "come on down media and our Sheriffs will provide a boat for you to go out and report." Reporter's have stated though, that they were restricted by BP from taking pics of animals in distress because of ongoing liability issues. Hmph!
I don't think BP can successfully control the media on this matter, and any attempt to do so is only going to futher hurt them, imo.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The more they try to control information, the more damning information will get out. At this point, the whole situation is too big for their bully tactics to do more than embarrass them.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Personally, I would like to see BP DESTROYED because of what they have done!

They owe the people of this country more money than they can earn in a hundred years! Since when can a foreign corporation supercede OUR sovereignty while destroying our econsystem. Is this not an act of war??? Where in the [snipping] hell is Obama - freaking COWARD!!!
He is making Carter look like a freaking genius!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Weres the numbers to call to donate to that region? The media doesnt seem to be mentioning any. Yet i saw a ad still accepting text donations for hati. Lets help fund guy like billy here to save themselves.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Americans don't have a chance from here on in!
BP Hires Dick Cheney’s Press Secretary, Anne Womack-Kolton

“Back in 2001-02 Anne Womack-Kolton defended Cheney’s secret
energy task force,” Daily Kos contributor RL Miller writes.
Cheney’s energy group met with several BP representatives,
including a private meeting between Cheney and BP CEO John Browne.
In 2007 Browne retired from BP “after lying to a court about
his relationship with another man.”

With its stock spiralling, BP hired her away from the Brunswick Group,
the international communications and crisis management firm
which BP has been paying to “craft its public response to the spill.”
Womack-Kolton joined the Brunswick Group in 2007 to manage
“high stakes communications surrounding public affairs issues
and political risk management for domestic and global corporate clients.”

Link

[edit on 3-6-2010 by DrOfHardKnocks]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Glad BP security/police missed this guy's work released today which are excellent quality photos but obviously tragic:

www.boston.com...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by manta78]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
“The sheriff’s boat is ready waiting to take any media out… we have 4 boats that we will transport media anytime they wanna go”

So how come the media hasn’t taken them up on this offer and gone out there to show the world the true extent of this disaster? Simple…. Because even if the corporate controlled mainstream media gets access by the sheriff’s boats and takes all the footage they want, the executives will not allow this footage to be shown to American people. So this Fox news complaining about not getting access is crap because he just stated that the Sheriff has always had the authority and the means to take the corporate/BP controlled media anywhere they want but still to this day they show us nothing.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by warpcrafter

I think you are right, this is too big for any cronies to try and maintain for the sake of THEIR best interest! Power to the peeps!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I'm with you on that notion and it looks like this could destroy them. If the Clean Water Act is enforced, BP will be charged from 1800 to 4300 dollars per barrel spilt. That alone adds up to over 10 Billion. Then throw in the civil suits from each State as well as the criminal charges, cleanup etc...

Yesterday their stock plunged 15 % in a matter of hours, so even their investor's may be jumping ship!

I bet they will file for bankruptcy! Unless a Judge won't allow them too. Is there such a thing?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by James Battleworthy

Much agreed!

Here are 2 sources for donations:

www.louisianahelp.org...

www.gulfaid.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DrOfHardKnocks

Sighhhhh...
It is a bit disenchanting isn't it? I think, however, this incident has so much devastation and attention, that even their positioning of people through out the system will not save them. Everywhere this issue get's addressed, surely there is someone in the crowd that is quick to call foul or BS! Let's hope so!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

OMFG!!!!!!
That is repulsive, disturbing, heartbreaking and makes smoke come out of my ears!!!!!
I gotta go breath for a minute......

Thanks for bringing that onboard!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

Maybe they will respond now that this is out. Let's hope so!
I hope some people in the media make this personal and insist on their presence and participation in the coverage!!!

Fox news can shove it too! Brit Hume's comment," You can't even see it on the shores" made me wanna scream. Those clowns over there aren't going to cover this appropriately, especially since their biggest investor is a Saudi Prince!

On that note, might I recommend a great site:
MOX NEWS
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

I know. I know..... Truly a case of a picture, or in this case 8 pictures being worth a thousand words.

top topics

join