It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP: Operation 'Cap' - 3 Live Feeds

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It is hard to believe anything that being said anymore.If you remeber the junk shot where the head of the coast guard had said that worked. And we all kow what happened after that statement it did not work. You just do not know what to believe anymore.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Republicans and the Right have a publicity problem now for their "drill baby drill" campain slogan.

So far this helps Democrats in the election.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
looks like theyre trying to burn in now..underwater.... wonderful... things are just wonderful...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h
It is to easy for them to admit they are wrong. They just keep trying to pull the wool over our eyes. Hell they don't even know if this is going to work. How sad is that.

What the hell is that statement supposed to mean?

They don't know if it'll work? I guess you are technically correct they don't have a time machine do they. I'm glad your attitude isn't running the show though, you'd have said "Sorry I can't do it" without trying and gone home already. In fact you'd never leave your house would you you don't even know if your gonna get run down by a bus do you? Best stay in.

Now that would be sad.

Yes there have been multiple failures yet there still working on more and more solutions - we can even see them doing it, there still trying to fix this, yet you call there efforts sad.

Sorry to pick out your post in particular but there seems to be lots of people here that seem to think working and engineering at nearly 5000ft deep in temperatures close to zero degrees Celsius is a walk in the park. It isn't.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Damn president Obama and his incompetent staff!

If he wants to take the glory for stopping the leak he needs to be involved! Not hanging out with Paul McCartney!(sp?)
I am starting to think he hasn't a clue on what to do about this!
I'm embarrassed to admit I voted for him! He surely has let me down, especially with his anti-conspiracy theorist leanings!

[edit on 4-6-2010 by IcarusDeepSea]

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

US Coast Guard Adm Thad Allen said a rough estimate showed that about 1,000 barrels a day was being captured. This is only a small part of the 12,000-19,000 a day believed to be leaking and BP says it could take 48 hours to know if the system is working.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Well at least it's something...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Once the hat is deemed secured they are going to close the valves on top and the oil should mostly stop leaking. I hope they succeed, enough damage has been done already.

They still have a trying time ahead of them with the relief well. They have to drill down to and intersect the narrow well bore several miles under the sea floor. That will require immense precision. It has been done before so it's very possible, I just hope they don't screw it up.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
BP should now use the saw and get a clean cut, it is much less likely to bind now that they have the weight of the old pipe off it.

Not having a worse case scenario plan makes it a worse case scenario.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Just so you all know, the cap isn't getting much of the oil yet because they have not yet closed the 4 vents on the side of the cap. These vents will be closed when they feel that the cap is on securely enough, and 1 by 1, they will close them to ensure the pressure is not too great and the cap will not get blown off.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Someone is getting the full scope of this disaster, but it's not us. NASA has to have the technology to see the oil that is below the surface (some wave length must make it stand out like a sore thumb) where is Phage when you need him?
The latest imagery always seems to be a week old. Who is to say that what we are seeing has not been altered.

I keep getting these images in my head of an enormous blob the size of Texas with millions of tons of dead creatures in it floating around the Atlantic for decades to come.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien_Toad

Alien Toad,

Fantastic Link!!!

Thank you very much.

Tom

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
They should have had a coupling pipe come out the bottom of the cap that had a huge clamp on it. I can't believe that there isn't any kind of clamp.

Something like these clamps, but huge:
www.directindustry.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
To anyone who is claiming to see flames, Boa Deep C - ROV 2 has been used to "inject" dispersant straight into the plume of oil. The currents were bad enough to move the oil off of the injection arm to the point you could see what looked to be a "white flame". You would also notice with this the discoloration of the oil.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Yeh, love the avatar!
It's appropiately awful.
I got one of them to work for me. I went to the bp.com site and they have 12 links listed. Yesterday I could only get 2 of them to work and one wasn't pointed at the pipe. I hope they get this to work. Everyone has their fingers crossed. I think the upward pressure will be too great when they start closing down the 4 valves and it will just flip off. I hope not. Holding my breath with all of you...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
So does anyone know if they tried closing the valves? It has been over 24 hours and I can't find any info, but the oil is still leaking out all over. I wish we weren't kept in the dark! All I know is that they are saying that they are currently capturing about 1,000 bbl/day and that is at best only 8% of what is leaking. If they can't get more than this a day, then this is definitely a fail.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Update: BP says they're collecting 6,000 bbl/day.. that is a lot better than 1,000 but that is at best about 46% of the oil leaking.. not good enough.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The goal is to increase production slowly, stop the formation of gas hydrates forming at collection intake. America is very lucky that BP was able to lop off the riser and use tophat. In our peoples yahoo group we believe BP is processing a new capture device because of the sheers used on riser pipe. Therefore, the old will be removed and replaced with modified LMRP. Perhaps collection wil yield 15000b so the size of leak is easily underestimated. This is known as runaway or wild well. Good news was not a yield production well or far more oil would be pouring out.

What BP should do now is try cutting through the flange bolts and install new riser which would look like so

T and completion flange on top oil must still circulate it seams incredible that you can lower a riser on a blowing well however can be done with the right riser package.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
They should have had a coupling pipe come out the bottom of the cap that had a huge clamp on it. I can't believe that there isn't any kind of clamp.

Something like these clamps, but huge:
www.directindustry.com...

That is the best avatar I have ever seen.

may i use it also?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yes.. and there are many more here:

www.flickr.com...

Just resize with a width of 160px.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Thankyou

and i interfere a little with your crisis thread only so I can accumulate 20 posts and at which time will develop my MMS corruption and how they are the ultimate party responsible for GOM disaster!

HOLY SMOKE 30+ pages of anti bp

these logos are copyright material so you can still use them?

[edit on 5-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

<< 1  2    4 >>

join