It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asking for medical advice either personal experience or maybe psychic impressions

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Bile is required to absorb fat soluble vitamins, they are - A, D, E, K.

Could be true.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
What kind of gallstones do they believe you have ? Are they pigment or cholesterol?

Pigment are when they are a by product of red cell breakdown. Cholesterol are from
well, cholesterol.

I still have attacks and mine was taken out when i was 15. They call it biliary colitis. My stones are from pigment and breakdown of the red cells due to Hereditary Spherocytosis.

You will feel heaps better after, and life will go back to normal.

In no way does it prevent you from absorbing your vitamins, we all still produce bile, just have no where to store it.

Bile is produced in the spleen (or the liver if you don't have a spleen).

Good Luck

MM

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
The test that I have had so far have shown no stones, but the gallbladder is not secreting at high enough levels. Sometimes they said if you have small stones they could be missed on the test, so he would know once he removed it. I go for my pre- op on Wed and surgery this Friday. They have me on an antibiotic now because of the fever I keep running. Since they also gave me medications for the vomiting and nausea they have decreased, so I do feel stronger. Still am not eating too much. crackers etc. I do thank everyone for all their advice, and still would love to hear more.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tinkytink1207

dele

[edit on 6/7/2010 by kidflash2008]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Ultrasound showed my gall bladder was full of sludge. I never found out what signifigance that had. It seems gall bladder removal has become more commonplace. I hope doctors are not removing gall bladders just to make money.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Yes.... I can see how that could be possible. It seems it is more like a elimination process. Lets try this and see if it helps, if not then we will try this?? I agree and guess that's what prompted me to post this on ATS and see what others had been through. I know something is not right, so I have to trust these doctors that they feel this is it. Thank you for everyone that has taken time to respond. I know that with all the big postings on ATS this seems small. I do feel that tons of great advice comes from this site, and I always like to hear all the different opinions.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Doctor G

I second the recommendation to have your doctor check for celiac. A lot of them dont think to check for that, but celiac can cause many of those symptoms and oh so many more. It goes undiagnosed a LOT.

Good luck. Its very frustrating to have something obviously wrong and have the doctors unable to give you an answer. I hope you get one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join