It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Los Angeles Students to Be Taught That Arizona Immigration Law Is Un-American

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Los Angeles Students to Be Taught That Arizona Immigration Law Is Un-American

www.foxnews.com

The Los Angeles Unified School District school board wants all public school students in the city to be taught that Arizona's new immigration law is un-American.

The school board president made the announcement Tuesday night after the district's Board of Education passed a resolution to oppose the controversial law, which gives law enforcement officials in Arizona the power to question and detain people they suspect are in the U.S. illegally when they are stopped in relation to a crime or infraction.

Critics of the law say it will result in racial profiling.

The school board voted
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This is amazing... Speechless

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by monkeySEEmonkeyDO

Clearly, some Californians are OBSESSED by this bill. Wouldn't it be great if they'd put this much effort into TEACHING the children.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sadly,

I dont find this at all surprizing coming from LA.

If they love their illegals so much over there, they can have them all. Cut off all Federal and State money to fund the city, and let them figure it out themselves. See how fast the illegals wipe out one major city, then maybe (doubtfully) the rest of the liberal world will wake up and see we really need to fix this problem.

I have nothing against anyone in this country legally, no matter what their skin type is. So whoever posts after this, please leave the race baiting at home. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Why is a school board even having a vote to express 'outrage' ?? Is that what California school boards do, vote to express opinions on every decision made outside of the education system within the state?

I will feel no loss when the big one comes and they sink into the pacific.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The source article also talks about how civics and history classes talk about unity and diveristy.
From the source article

The Board of Education directed the Superintendent to ensure that LAUSD civics and history classes discuss the recent laws enacted in Arizona in the context of the American values of unity, diversity, and Equal Protection for all. Much like a number of controversial periods and laws that are part of our history and are currently taught including:

-- Slavery

-- Jim Crowe laws and segregation

-- Native American reservations

-- Residential schools (for Native Americans)

-- The Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882

-- Anti-Irish racism in the 19th century

-- Racism against immigrants from Southern and Eastern Europe in the 20th century

-- Anti-Semitism

-- Internment camps for Japanese Americans during World War II

-- The Mexican Repatriation Program (1929-1939)."

I wonder if the people in LA should be fair enough to show the other side of what happens when so many people are allowed in the country unchecked?

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens. Verify at:transcripts.cnn.com/%20TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens. Verify at:transcripts.CNN.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.HTML

thread

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
They'll have to teach it in Spanish, otherwise there won't be a single student who understands what's being said...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Scrambled Eggs

[edit on 3-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Ugh.. L.A. what a waste. They can have their illegal’s. In fact let L.A. secede from the rest of the U.S.

I am sick of hearing about L.A. standing on their pedestal, I hope they fall off and land on their faces. As I have said before I will make sure that I do not knowingly lat one penny of mine go to L.A. or CA for that matter. I am done with them, I think many in the U.S. are feeling the same.

Raist

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Raist
I can't say I disagree with what you said, completely that is. However if I remember right Ca. gets more money coming into it then it pays is fed. taxes. That reason alone would stop them from seceding.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Just goes to show how messed up the school system is....all they are doing is trying to sway poeples opinions on way or the other and thats not what schools should be doing..."lets pit once state against the other" yeah cause thats productive...no wonder we are getting passed up by other countries when it comes to education...this is horrible...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Sorry RedGolem, some issues irritate me beyond belief and cause me to get a little upset. I do my best at expressing that while remaining within the T&C. I realize we could never get rid of CA because they need us (the rest of the U.S.) too much, but one could only hope.

I was just reading the thread about some other idiot people who were protesting a spelling bee because they think our words should be spelled easier. Bah, stupid people irritate me.

Raist

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wow.. I was floored when I read the title of this thread. Los Angeles students can be TAUGHT things? They learn more than just how to put a condom on a banana or how to be tolerant of people who are different?

If they're not careful, LA might actually graduate some brainiacs if they keep teaching stuff.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by salchanra
Sadly,

I dont find this at all surprizing coming from LA.

If they love their illegals so much over there, they can have them all. Cut off all Federal and State money to fund the city, and let them figure it out themselves. See how fast the illegals wipe out one major city, then maybe (doubtfully) the rest of the liberal world will wake up and see we really need to fix this problem.

I have nothing against anyone in this country legally, no matter what their skin type is. So whoever posts after this, please leave the race baiting at home. Thanks.

any law that sacrifices our rights and freedoms is un american.
Does anyone remember WHY this country was formed?

I'll wager that when they stop your mother and detain her for hours while verifying her legal status your tune will change.. unless you are so sure you wont be profiled.. Hmm...
this law expects officers to use racial profiling to fix a problem the state doesnt really want to address.
they want to take the easy way out, and allow unjust profiling and racism to complete the task.
Pathetic... and very un american.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by salchanra

Absolutely. Instead of Arizona returning illegals to Mexico, they should take them to L.A.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by salchanra

Absolutely. Instead of Arizona returning illegals to Mexico, they should take them to L.A.

Good idea. I doubt they'd even notice. Salchanra, liberals can't wake up, they live in a world of make-believe.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Locks and windows need to be banned too since they are un-american. If I walk past a house that has something better than I do, like a big screen tv or shower or better food, I should be able to just walk through the front door or go through a window to take advantage of anything they might have because it would better my life. Then if anyone had anything to say about it, oh well. I shouldn't have to actually try to make my house better when I could just walk for a bit and take advantage of others paying their bills and everything.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Are some of you confusing disgust in an unjust law that encourages LEO to racially profile citizens as accepting illegal immigration?

Now that's living in one's own little world isnt it?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Bad Ninja

The AZ law is a replica of the law already on the books federally. Only this law lets the state do the job since the Feds are too busy picking their rears. That law was already found to be legal by the Supreme Court.

The lesson today is good job AZ and the states the back them, screw off L.A.

Raist

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hasn't the racial profiling crap been debunked already. Thought everyone already knew they need an actual reason to stop people which means they were most likely stopped for doing something that was suspicious anyways. Or a cop could just pull someone over for a BS reason like they sometimes do anyways but that happens to everyone, not just because of racial profiling.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join