It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside Gaza - Recently Made Documentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
With whats currently going on in the news about the Gaza/Israel situation, I thought it would be appropriate to post these videos on here for an inside look of Gaza.

Im not entirely sure when these were made, but I think they were pretty recent, maybe a year or so ago? Ross Kemp goes inside of Gaza to take a look how everything is inside there,

First video - Around 4:00, it shows how destroyed Gaza is. Its another world there. Destruction everywhere. Ross Kemp even says hes not used to seeing that amount of damage done to a highly populated area. It goes on to talk about what happend in December 2008, over 200 schools were destroyed by Israel in Gaza, and white pospherous was used.

2nd video - Ross meets with Islamic Jihad, and extremest group inside of Gaza. One of the Jihads memebers says that there will be no negotiation at all with Israel. The camera crew goes with the Jihad group while they place an IED.

3rd video - A look at some stores and markets inside of Gaza City. Ketchup, candy, and many other goods are smuggled in from Egypt. This part shows the tunnels used to smuggle goods in from Egypt.

4th video - Ross talks to the UN about Gaza. He talks to a few kids in a psychiatric clinic - around 5:30.. It's scary what the kids say. They're children, 6-12 years old, it looks like. This part is the most important one to watch out of all of the video parts. One child says the Israeli military shot his grandfather, grandmother, uncles, sister, and aunt. Some children are growing up without any family.

5th video - Ross meets with a suicide bomber delivering his martydom video. The young lawyer decided enough is enough.

Im interesed in what everyone else thinks after watching these videos. I feel so bad for the citizens in Gaza. I can only imagine what day to day life is like there. The blockade is destroying peoples lives.

Ross is coming out with another video, this time on the Israeli side, but im not sure if its out yet.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Interested why the author did not meet any of the Hamas official and made a video about it. Since Islamic Jihad an Al Qaeda faction is not connected to Hamas and bitter enemy of Hamas their views should have been aired as well.

The last video is of suicide bomber? Havent heard of any suicide bombings lately in Gaza from what is now like 2 yrs approximately. The video must be reallly old then.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The sad fact is that the people living there claim that they have the right to be their because their "god" says so.

Each makes the claim that their "god" is more powerful and more legitimate than the other.

The simple answer is to nuke the lot. Blow it all back to God.

I believe in a higher power, but not one so small as to pit human beings against one another in a petty power struggle for a piece of land that will be here long after I'm gone.

It is sad to think that for all our acheivements, we still fight and squabble over material posessions.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymoux

He did meet with one Hamas official. In the 3rd video he meets with Ahmed Usef (sp?), the Deputy Foreign Minister, at the tunnel smuggling site.

I think the video was made maybe in the middle of 2009 possibly. Ross talked about attacks in December 2008, and thats what made me think its middle/early 2009.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What I meant is does the author talks to Hamas personnel about recognition of Israel and other such queries instead of asking that from some fringe extremist Al Qaeda group? Wouldnt that give false impression that those statements actually belong to Hamas in the video? Since most people are not aware Islamic Jihad is not part of Hamas and Hamas is the government of Gaza so why the author does not ask those questions to Hamas instead of some small group which has no political power? Srry I cannot watch the video now so asking.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well thats what you get when you choose Hamas a crazy muslim terrorist group over the moderate Fatah. They ruin a country just like the rest of the religious run muslim countries...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Fire Angel]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The only thing he talks to Ahmed about is the smuggling tunnels. He dosent talk about Israel or any extremest groups.

The Islamic Jihad isnt allowed to talk about Hamas either. When Ross asked a question about Hamas to an Islamic Jihad member, they say they cannot say anything at all about Hamas.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Well then the video is totaly useless since they dont even ask the relevant query with proper authorities which they should have. It's like going to a movie hall and asking the bathroom cleaner about the infrastructure, running of movie hall __________ fill in blanks.

edit to add:
Thanks to fire angel I would have to say, actually not all of the videos are useless atleast they show a crazy terrorist group (idf and israeli govt) over the democratic freedom fighters like Hamas committing acts of genocide in Gaza. They ruin a country...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by Anonymoux]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Its more of a humanitarian/civilian look into the daily lives of the people living there. It shows some extremes that people there will do just to surivive, whether it be tunneling into Egypt even though the tunnels collapse frequently and kill the diggers, or joining an extremest group hoping that they can redeem themselves/get revenge in the eyes of their god.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Fire Angel

The Fatah? Moderate.....oh please.....The people democratically voted in Hamas because it was the lesser of two evils. At least that was the case in their eyes.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I wonder what the people in the area will be like in the next few years. The video where the children are interviewed is really depressing. Being exposed to all the violence at such an early age is going to lead to something extreme. Im guessing alot of those children in the video are going to become suicide bombers.

With everything that they have seen and been through, what are the odds of them living a life without violence?

new topics

top topics

join