It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A day of change

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I've been peering through the looking glass for many years now and finally thought I would step up to the plate. I have been trying to come up with a way to make people look at the world in a different light, but achieve this through a creative outlet. With this brought on an idea about a short story... In no way shape of form would I ever consider myself a great writer; or even a "writer" per se but I have thoroughly enjoyed this little side project. Just trying to get this out there and see what people had to say.

A quick summary... With all this chaos we are surrounded by constantly, how much we take advantage of during our day to day lives, and how we have thought to believe that we are the peak of existence on this planet of ours. I wanted to write a story about what happens when nature speaks back. I will leave it at that and leave the rest up for interpretation.

I have spent a good while on this and every time I read through it there are always things I change but that's just the perfectionist in me. I hope you can make it through it and maybe even learn or change your perspective about some of the small things we all encounter on a day to day basis.

Enjoy
Starke

speculativeoptimist has been kind enough to provide the link in his reply below. Thanks a million!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by starke]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by starke

Hi starke, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Hello Starke!

Thanks for the link, that was a nice piece of writing. Evolve at will, sounds good to me! I too try not to take anything for granted and I try and find some meaning in what I encounter every day.
As an Oregonian, I am very familiar with the existence and importance of mycelium, and it makes a good comparative analogy about life, and it's interconnectedness, imo.

Peace

A Day Of Change by K.Starke
ourglasscollection.ca...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Thanks so much for your reply speculativeoptimist, the first time I have ever written a story of any sorts. I'm glad you got to give it a read as the link has been removed. I will have to wait until I hit 20 posts I suppose. It just seems we all seem to be blinded as to what is and should be important in these troubling times.

Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by starke

My pleasure! I put the link on my post so it is accessible.
Have a nice day...
Peace

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS
look forward to seeing you around..

new topics

top topics

join